Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Open ports from source to destination Post 303043051 by UnknownGuy on Thursday 16th of January 2020 10:56:52 AM
Old 01-16-2020
Open ports from source to destination

Is there a way to find out all the ports open between source IP & destination IP in any way ?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Byte Rate to/from a source/destination

is there a command in unix/linux that allows you to sample what the historic byte rate is from a local IP to a client IP. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cubs0729
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count total unique destination for source

Hi, need help how to count unique destination for the source ip. The file is contains 4 number of fields. Example of the file is here src ip dest ip #of flows total bytes 192.168.6.0 88.0.33.2 12 128 192.168.6.0 88.0.33.2 1 168 192.168.6.0 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_buddy
5 Replies

3. IP Networking

Selecting interface based on source and destination ip address

Hi all, I have some doubts in selecting the interface to transfer packets and receive the packets. --> Multiple interfaces : -------------------- 1) 0.0.0.0 --------> wild card address. 2) x.x.x.x --------> valid address.(192.168.1.156) 3) ff.ff.ff.ff -------->... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaypdp2006
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move all files from source to destination directory based on the filename

Move all files starting with a specific name to different directory. This shell script program should have three parameters File Name Source Directory Destination Directory User should be able to enter ‘AB_CD*' in file name parameter. In this case all the files starting with AB_CD will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chetancrsp18
1 Replies

5. Linux

rpmbuild, how to specify a different source and destination path for files

I'd like to specify a different build and deployment path for files, by default the same path is used for both build and install, I wasn't able to find a way to make these different. With Solaris pkgadd, one can specify different paths in prototype, so I would assume something like that is possible... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiburblium
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Ftp: SSL_connect error while connecting from source to destination server Solaris 10

Hi Everyone, I am using solaris 10.I am facing a different problem here with tlsftp.I have intalled all steps for tlsftp and able to connect to the destination server from the source server.It worked for some days.But recently when i am connectin it is giving below error.I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Rsync error while running from destination to source

hi All, i have 2 server setup now for Rsync, i configured Rsync on both of the server and it worked well when i did run from source to destination. and while running back from destination to source it produced this error: bash-3.2$ ksh rsync_bravo_db.ksh usa0300uz1247.apps.mc.xerox.com... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the number of files copied from source to destination location

Hi Guys, how to count number of files successfully copied while coping files from source to destination path ex:10 files from source to target location copying if 8 files copied successfully then echo successfully copied=8 failure=2 files if two files get error to coping files from... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
23 Replies
MV(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						     MV(1)

NAME
mv -- move files SYNOPSIS
mv [-fiv] source target mv [-fiv] source ... directory DESCRIPTION
In its first form, the mv utility renames the file named by the source operand to the destination path named by the target operand. This form is assumed when the last operand does not name an already existing directory. In its second form, mv moves each file named by a source operand to a destination file in the existing directory named by the directory oper- and. The destination path for each operand is the pathname produced by the concatenation of the last operand, a slash, and the final path- name component of the named file. The following options are available: -f Do not prompt for confirmation before overwriting the destination path. -i Causes mv to write a prompt to standard error before moving a file that would overwrite an existing file. If the response from the standard input begins with the character ``y'', the move is attempted. -v Cause mv to be verbose, showing files as they are processed. The last of any -f or -i options is the one which affects mv's behavior. It is an error for any of the source operands to specify a nonexistent file or directory. It is an error for the source operand to specify a directory if the target exists and is not a directory. If the destination path does not have a mode which permits writing, mv prompts the user for confirmation as specified for the -i option. Should the rename(2) call fail because source and target are on different file systems, mv will remove the destination file, copy the source file to the destination, and then remove the source. The effect is roughly equivalent to: rm -f destination_path && cp -PRp source_file destination_path && rm -rf source_file EXIT STATUS
The mv utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
cp(1), rename(2), symlink(7) STANDARDS
The mv utility is expected to be IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2'') compatible. The -v option is an extension to IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2''). BSD
December 26, 2002 BSD