Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: [Tip] ptree for Linux
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users [Tip] ptree for Linux Post 303043031 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 16th of January 2020 04:24:07 AM
Old 01-16-2020
Sorry, somehow my copy/paste left out a bunch of lines.
Now I have corrected my original post.

--- Post updated at 11:24 ---

@nezabudka, the goal was to only show a relevant part of the process tree.
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Meaning of ps -afe ,ps -fp and ptree

Hello, I was searching for the meaning of commands like ps -afe ,ps -fp and ptree but was not able to find there exact meaning .... Pls help me in getting these... Thanks in advance, Pradeep (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PradeepRed
1 Replies

2. Gentoo

ptree for linux

at work, I'm a UNIX administrator, but at home I use openSUSE 11. One of the commands that I use to assist me in trouble shooting A LOT is called ptree process tree. does anyone know of a ptree for linux? yes, I can just use ps -ef and see who the parent pid is and then 'ps -ef | grep <parent... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: james.witte
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

pfiles and pstack and ptree

Can someone tell me the Linux equivalent for pstack and pfiles and ptree which are Solaris commands. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bdsffl
1 Replies

4. Solaris

kill the processes seen under ptree

Hi, How to kill the processes running under ptree ? I am noticing lot of processes running under ptree with ssh ? I tried to kill with -9 option which is not working ? Thanks, Radhika. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhirk
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

prstat from ptree ...

Hi, I know how to figure out the list of PID from my application name : ptree `pgrep MyApp` | awk '{print $1}' But I dont know how to pipe it for prstat -p <pidlist> ptree `pgrep MyApp` | awk '{print $1}' | prstat -p ??? I would like to monitor every ptree PID from my application. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RickTrader
4 Replies

6. Linux

ct, cu, tip, on commands in Linux

Please help me to find out the equivalent commands for the following solaris commands in Linux 1. ct 2. cu 3. tip 4. on Your help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. ~Saravana (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsaravanan
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Tip: How to Configure PPP for dialup for a single machine?

I shall explain how to setup PPP on your Linux machine, so that you can connect to the Internet using an external modem and a Dialup connection. This article explains the setup for the superuser alone (Not normal users).My Setup : My external modem (56kbps) is connected to the Serial Port :... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EliteHussar
0 Replies

8. Linux

similar command of ptree in linux

Hello guys, Is there any command to check the all child processes of a process like `ptree`? ptree is not working in Linux.. Regards, Raghu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.iv85
3 Replies
GMTLOGO(1gmt)						       Generic Mapping Tools						     GMTLOGO(1gmt)

NAME
gmtlogo - Adding a GMT graphics logo overlay to an illustration SYNOPSIS
gmtlogo dx dy [ -Gfill ] [ -W[pen] ] >> plot.ps DESCRIPTION
This scrips appends the GMT logo to an "open" PostScript file. The logo is 2 inches wide and 1 inch high and will be positioned with the lower left corner at the position (dx,dy) relative to the current plot origin. OPTIONS
-G Select color or pattern for filling the underlying box [Default is no fill]. (See SPECIFYING FILL below). -W Set pen attributes for the outline of the box [Default is no outline]. (See SPECIFYING PENS below). SPECIFYING PENS pen The attributes of lines and symbol outlines as defined by pen is a comma delimetered list of width, color and texture, each of which is optional. width can be indicated as a measure (points, centimeters, inches) or as faint, thin[ner|nest], thick[er|est], fat[ter|test], or obese. color specifies a gray shade or color (see SPECIFYING COLOR below). texture is a combination of dashes `-' and dots `.'. SPECIFYING FILL fill The attribute fill specifies the solid shade or solid color (see SPECIFYING COLOR below) or the pattern used for filling polygons. Patterns are specified as pdpi/pattern, where pattern gives the number of the built-in pattern (1-90) or the name of a Sun 1-, 8-, or 24-bit raster file. The dpi sets the resolution of the image. For 1-bit rasters: use Pdpi/pattern for inverse video, or append :Fcolor[B[color]] to specify fore- and background colors (use color = - for transparency). See GMT Cookbook & Technical Reference Appendix E for information on individual patterns. SPECIFYING COLOR color The color of lines, areas and patterns can be specified by a valid color name; by a gray shade (in the range 0-255); by a decimal color code (r/g/b, each in range 0-255; h-s-v, ranges 0-360, 0-1, 0-1; or c/m/y/k, each in range 0-1); or by a hexadecimal color code (#rrggbb, as used in HTML). See the gmtcolors manpage for more information and a full list of color names. SEE ALSO
GMT(1), gmtcolors(5), psimage(1) GMT 4.5.7 15 Jul 2011 GMTLOGO(1gmt)