Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX VIOS requirement for FC and ethernet Post 303043026 by zxmaus on Thursday 16th of January 2020 01:59:09 AM
Old 01-16-2020
On the VIOS, don't allocate an IP address to the adapter
configure the SEA, then create virtual adapter on the vios and add the IP to the virtual adapter.
For the fibre, are you saying you are booting the VIOS from SAN? No internal disks on the frame that you could use instead?
How many client VMs are you going to serve with the VIOS - will you have another VIOS on the same frame for redundancy ?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

SPOT requirement

Hey May be a dumb question Can I use a SPOT which is at 5.3 TL6 to boot an LPAR (with 5.3 TL8) in to maintenance mode? Will it work ? Is it mandatory that SPOT should be of same or higher version in such case? Bala (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Requirement

I am trying to script and came up with a conclusion that I need a do while loop in my statement. I am stuck with the do while syntax. I need to use it alongwith the if then else statement. Can I use it is a big question? I actually need to get all the files that are there from within run_dt to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aronmelon
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT REQUIREMENT

1.Write an automated shell program(s) that can create, monitor the log files and report the issues for matching pattern. (i) Conditions for creating log files. Log file is created with date (example 2010_03_27.log). If the log file size is 10 Mb for a particular day then automatically the log... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen12
3 Replies

4. AIX

vio server ethernet to vio client ethernet(concepts confusing)

Hi In the vio server when I do # lsattr -El hdisk*, I get a PVID. The same PVID is also seen when I put the lspv command on the vio client partition. This way Im able to confirm the lun using the PVID. Similarly how does the vio client partition gets the virtual ethernet scsi client adapter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

5. AIX

VIOS IP address - separate vlan for vios servers ?

Hello, Lets say for simplicity that I do not use any vlan config inside my server - one lpar group use hea physical port1, another group hea physical port2. Physical port1 configured as vlan1 on external switch, physical port2 as vlan2. What is the common practice - should I isolate my vios... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

6. AIX

AIX VIOS IVM Ethernet problem

Hi All, I have a p520 box running 3 LPARs, 1 x VIOS, 1 x AIX 6.1 and 1 x AIX 7.1 and no HMC, all configuration is performed via VIOS/IVM Until recently the box did not have the AIX7.1 LPAR and everything was fine with the box. We needed to use AIX 7.1 for a new project, so I created a... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: KevB
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX - requirement

Hi All, I have a source file with data Name ~ Groups Muni~abc,was,USA_ax,123 Chaitanya~USA_12,was Balaji~123,xyz,was Ramu~123,xyz From the second column i want to extract only the groups that matches the pattern 'USA_%' or if the group = 'was', and ignore any other columns. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: morbid_angel
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script requirement

Please help in creating script for below requirement. I will be running 1 command and will get below entries in a text file say file44.txt ******************************* DFDL1005 06:30 00:05 ABFL2003 10/22 01:10 CFTL1256 10/24 00:10 10/25 09:20 PM ******************************** .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinay_3308
3 Replies
bt-adapter(1)							    bluez-tools 						     bt-adapter(1)

NAME
bt-adapter - a bluetooth adapter manager SYNOPSIS
bt-adapter [OPTION...] Help Options: -h, --help Application Options: -l, --list -a, --adapter=<name|mac> -i, --info -d, --discover --set <property> <value> DESCRIPTION
This utility is used to manage Bluetooth adapters. You can list all available adapters, show information about adapter, change adapter properties or discover remote devices. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show help -l, --list List all available adapters -a, --adapter <name|mac> Specify adapter to use by his Name or MAC address (if this option does not defined - default adapter used) -i, --info Show information about adapter (returns all properties) -d, --discover Discover remote devices (with remote device name resolving) --set <property> <value> Change adapter properties (see ADAPTER PROPERTIES section for list of available properties) ADAPTER PROPERTIES
string Address [ro] The Bluetooth adapter address (MAC). string Name [rw] The Bluetooth adapter friendly name. uint32 Class [ro] The Bluetooth class of device. boolean Powered [rw] Switch an adapter on or off. This will also set the appropiate connectable state. boolean Discoverable [rw] Switch an adapter to discoverable or non-discoverable to either make it visible or hide it. If the DiscoverableTimeout is set to a non-zero value then the system will set this value back to false after the timer expired. In case the adapter is switched off, setting this value will fail. boolean Pairable [rw] Switch an adapter to pairable or non-pairable. Note that this property only affects incoming pairing requests. uint32 PaireableTimeout [rw] The pairable timeout in seconds. A value of zero means that the timeout is disabled and it will stay in pareable mode forever. uint32 DiscoverableTimeout [rw] The discoverable timeout in seconds. A value of zero means that the timeout is disabled and it will stay in discoverable/limited mode forever. The default value for the discoverable timeout should be 180 seconds (3 minutes). boolean Discovering [ro] Indicates that a device discovery procedure is active. list UUIDs [ro] List of 128-bit UUIDs that represents the available local services. AUTHOR
Alexander Orlenko <zxteam@gmail.com>. SEE ALSO
bt-agent(1) bt-audio(1) bt-device(1) bt-input(1) bt-monitor(1) bt-network(1) bt-serial(1) 2010-08-16 bt-adapter(1)