Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to make use others' C library installed not for the system-wide (Ubuntu/Linux)? Post 303042996 by GRMartin on Wednesday 15th of January 2020 09:30:04 AM
Old 01-15-2020
Undefined references means the compiler can't find compiled code for functions being called. If you want to use a subset of the library then you'll have to compile and link all the files used by the code you do want.
In otherwords - if you want to use method a in file a.c and it uses method b in b.c and it uses method c in c.c then you'll need to compile and link a.c, b.c and c,c. I you have an archive file you can link directly to it and the library won't be dynamically loaded at runtime. if you only have a shared library then you, if you are on a Linux system you can investigate rpath as a means to tell the linker where the library is to be found.

-Greg.
This User Gave Thanks to GRMartin For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

links working system wide

I have created symbolic links to several frequently used commands, for example: "lt" is a link to "ls -ltrgo|tail". What can I do to make these links available system-wide, or at least in the directories my coworkers are in most of the time? I have copied the link to several directories, and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpprial
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

System wide CDE setup

Does anyone know how to make system wide changes to the CDE's front panel icons? I dont know if it matters but im running Solaris 9. THanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meyersp
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FIND function - system wide

Hi, I have a task to search for a file called 'Xstartup' in the whole system because there might be different versions of it which overrite eachother. Can anyone suggest a smart command to run this search ? The machine needs to scan every single folder beginning from root. Please help, I am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGoubine
5 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How to mount/make a FAT system on Linux

Yea i was wondering how i would mount, and create a FAT directory that way i can save files in the FAT directory in a windows system and be able to access them on Linux systems. Or if there is any other way to share files between Linux and Windows. Any responds will help... thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kyoist
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

system wide password change

Hello, I am new to shell scripting and I was trying to write a script that would force a system wide password change except for admins. I am having some trouble and any help that someone could give me would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to do it by using the UID as the marker for anyone... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kilemark
6 Replies

6. Linux

System wide find and sort

Hi, I need to look for a config file (ldap.conf) and pick the latest modified file. `locate` tells me there are many ldap.conf's, some in /etc, /usr, /home, etc. Is there some way I can sort them by last modified time via bash? I was thinking maybe I could pipe the output of `locate` to `ls... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Housni
4 Replies

7. Linux

How to run User-mode Linux installed with synaptic package manager in Ubuntu 10.10

I have installed user-mode linux kernel in Ubuntu 10.10 with the help of Synaptic package manager. But I'm not getting how to run it. If we install it manually, we've to run it using the executable binary file. But here, I'm unable to locate any such file. Please help.... Thanking You.... ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohitadeshmukh1
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Changing system-wide for umask

Hi everybody, How can I change the default UMASK for non root users, e.g. I want the umask for every new created user will be 0044. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

System-wide search

When looking for wherever a program or a filename appears in the system, a short scrip is "findinner" which another script calls with a long parameter list consisting of path names ending with ".sh" or ".menu". "findinner" looks like this: # If not .savenn file, show name and result of grep. #... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
4 Replies
audiofile-config(1)						   User Commands					       audiofile-config(1)

NAME
audiofile-config - helper script for building with audiofile SYNOPSIS
audiofile-config [--version] [--prefix=dir] [--cflags] [--libs] [--exec-prefix=dir] DESCRIPTION
The audiofile-config tool enables you to specify which compiler and linker flags should be used to compile and link programs that use the audiofile library. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --version Print the currently installed version of the library on the standard output. --prefix=dir If specified, use dir instead of the installation prefix that the library was built with, when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. This option is also used for the exec prefix, if the --exec-prefix option is not specified. --cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a program using the specified library. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link with the specified library. --exec-prefix=diIf specified, use dir instead of the installation exec prefix that the library was built with, when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Getting the audiofile library version example% audiofile-config --version Example 2: Determining the libraries required to link with the audiofile library example% audiofile-config --libs EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/audiofile-confiExecutable for audiofile helper script. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-audio-devel | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkg-config(1), libaudiofile(3) NOTES
This man page was originally written by Chris Waters (xtifr@debian.org) for Debian GNU/Linux. Rewritten by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems, using information from the orbit2-config(1) man page, by Dick Porter (dick@acm.org) and Elliot Lee (sopwith@redhat.com) SunOS 5.10 7 Jan 2003 audiofile-config(1)