Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Creating script in rc.d
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Creating script in rc.d Post 303042980 by anaigini45 on Wednesday 15th of January 2020 12:39:34 AM
Old 01-15-2020
Creating script in rc.d

Hi,

I have created customized scripts to start httpd and postgres (For CentOS 6) in /etc/init.d. However for it to work even after reboot, I have to put the script in /etc/rc.d/rc0.d, rc1.d, etc.

Code:
[root@dev3-pdx rc.d]# ls -lrt
total 60
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 20199 Oct  4  2017 rc.sysinit
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root   220 Oct  4  2017 rc.local
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root  2617 Oct  4  2017 rc
drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root  4096 May 14  2019 rc1.d
drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root  4096 May 14  2019 rc0.d
drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root  4096 May 14  2019 rc6.d
drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root  4096 May 14  2019 rc2.d
drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root  4096 May 14  2019 rc5.d
drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root  4096 May 14  2019 rc4.d
drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root  4096 May 14  2019 rc3.d
drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root  4096 Jan 15 11:49 init.d
[root@dev3-pdx rc.d]#

However, the naming convention for the scripts, for eg, in the directory rc0.d is like this :

Code:
[root@dev3-pdx rc0.d]# ls
K01certmonger  K10cups               K15svnserve        K50kdump       K73winbind           K75quota_nld       K84wpa_supplicant  K88rsyslog      K92iptables      K99rngd
K01smartd      K10psacct             K16abrt-ccpp       K50xinetd      K74acpid             K75udev-post       K85mdmonitor       K88sssd         K92pppoe-server  K99sysstat
K02oddjobd     K10saslauthd          K16abrtd           K60crond       K74haldaemon         K76ypbind          K85messagebus      K89netconsole   K95firstboot     S00killall
K03rhnsd       K15htcacheclean       K25sshd            K60nfs         K74ntpd              K83bluetooth       K87irqbalance      K89portreserve  K95rdma          S01halt
K04osad        K15htcacheclean-myeg  K30postfix         K61nfs-rdma    K75blk-availability  K83nfslock         K87restorecond     K89rdisc        K99cpuspeed
K05atd         K15httpd              K30spice-vdagentd  K69rpcsvcgssd  K75netfs             K83rpcgssd         K87rpcbind         K90network      K99lvm2-monitor
K05wdaemon     K15httpd-myeg         K50dnsmasq         K72autofs      K75ntpdate           K84NetworkManager  K88auditd          K92ip6tables    K99oscap-scan
[root@dev3-pdx rc0.d]#

How do I know what number to put for my script? Like K16.....etc.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

creating a new C script

All right. Heres the deal, I need to know everysingle command or funtion there is to create a new c file (file.c). Heres the catch: I cannot use text editors!!!:mad: I heard of a "gcc" command is that any good?:confused: Thanks..:cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AbRa-KaDabRa
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating a script

I am trying to create a application in OSX through UNIX that will run a script to mount an image from a CD-ROM and run the application which it corresponds to, all with double clicking on a icon in OSX. Any thoughts or ideas? -Mad (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madknowledge
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help creating a script

I need to automate the following process: I have a list of ip address for printers in a file called iplist.txt, I need to take that list and run the command snmpget -v 1 -c public ip address sysName.0 for each ip address to see if the printer is running snmp, I want to the create a file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: inLine6
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

(Urgent):Creating flat file using sql script and sqlplus from UNIX Shell Script

Hi, I need help urgently for following issue. Pls help me to resolve this issue. I am calling sql script file(file1.sql) from UNIX Shell Script(script1.ksh) using sql plus and trying to create flat file that contains all records returned from SQL query in SQL script(file1.sql) I given... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed with creating challenging bash script with creating directories

Hi, Can someone help me with creating a bash shell script. I need to create a script that gets a positive number n as an argument. The script must create n directories in the current directory with names like map_1, map_2 etcetera. Each directory must be contained within its predecessor. So... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
7 Replies

6. Programming

need help with creating a sh script

Hi everyone I’m not a programmer and my knowledge of scripting is very poor, now I’m stock in a task at work and would really appreciate it if someone could help me out. Here is the problem: 1. I have a file with 9 million entries that look like this : 611424167 610864581 611881523 609585386... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiker1064
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a script

Alright, well I did some more research since I originally posted this thread, and as much as I'd like to delete it, I can't, so I'll just extend my initial question a little. Right now I have 3 scripts: 1#!/bin/bash # script1 - Write all files modfied x days ago find .. -daystart -mtime 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in creating file restoration script from a backup script.

Hi all i am struggling in creating a restore of env files while doing applications clone. the first file i created for copying the important configurations file which is running perfect now for reverting the changes i mean when i am restoring these files to its original places i have to do... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating IN list in PLSQL script dynamically by using shell script

Hi all, I have a PLSQL script which has a IN list where it takes some ids as input. For example SELECT * FROM EMPLOYEE WHERE EMPLOYEE_ID IN (comma separated list ) I want to run this quest inside a shell script but I would like to prepare the IN list dynamically where the employee ids... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LoneRanger
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with creating a script

Hi everyone, I am completely new to this forum and I have some questions regarding a script I am writing. I would be happy if anyone could help me with the small and precise script which should include if, then, else, while until, case and select. The scenario is as follows: 1) A user... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: codenotfound
3 Replies
PIVOT_ROOT(8)						       System Administration						     PIVOT_ROOT(8)

NAME
pivot_root - change the root filesystem SYNOPSIS
pivot_root new_root put_old DESCRIPTION
pivot_root moves the root file system of the current process to the directory put_old and makes new_root the new root file system. Since pivot_root(8) simply calls pivot_root(2), we refer to the man page of the latter for further details. Note that, depending on the implementation of pivot_root, root and cwd of the caller may or may not change. The following is a sequence for invoking pivot_root that works in either case, assuming that pivot_root and chroot are in the current PATH: cd new_root pivot_root . put_old exec chroot . command Note that chroot must be available under the old root and under the new root, because pivot_root may or may not have implicitly changed the root directory of the shell. Note that exec chroot changes the running executable, which is necessary if the old root directory should be unmounted afterwards. Also note that standard input, output, and error may still point to a device on the old root file system, keeping it busy. They can easily be changed when invoking chroot (see below; note the absence of leading slashes to make it work whether pivot_root has changed the shell's root or not). EXAMPLES
Change the root file system to /dev/hda1 from an interactive shell: mount /dev/hda1 /new-root cd /new-root pivot_root . old-root exec chroot . sh <dev/console >dev/console 2>&1 umount /old-root Mount the new root file system over NFS from 10.0.0.1:/my_root and run init: ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1 up # for portmap # configure Ethernet or such portmap # for lockd (implicitly started by mount) mount -o ro 10.0.0.1:/my_root /mnt killall portmap # portmap keeps old root busy cd /mnt pivot_root . old_root exec chroot . sh -c 'umount /old_root; exec /sbin/init' <dev/console >dev/console 2>&1 SEE ALSO
chroot(1), mount(8), pivot_root(2), umount(8) AVAILABILITY
The pivot_root command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux February 2000 PIVOT_ROOT(8)