Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to install .p51 packages in Solaris 11.4? Post 303042973 by Michele31416 on Tuesday 14th of January 2020 08:07:06 PM
Old 01-14-2020
OK well I just checked what I should have checked at the start. It turns out that OpenIndiana is only for x86 Solaris, not SPARC. So even if I could download it, it wouldn't run. Sigh.

Thanks anyway though. Perhaps this will be useful to someone else.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to install packages into specific dirs!!!

Hi all, Am a newbie and would like to know how to install packages into specific directories of my choice , rather than the defaults!!! Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to install new packages when disk space is full

during installation i created four partitions mainly / 5GB /home 1GB /boot 100MB swap 2GB now since i didnt make the /usr partition all of the packages were being installed in the / partition ..now all the space in the / partition is filled ...i ran du -h... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarunicon
3 Replies

3. Solaris

error during install jdk 5.0.11 packages

hi all i tried to install jdk on solaris 10 2008 and i used these packages in installation pkgadd -d SUNWj5cfg SUNWj5dmo SUNWj5dev SUNWj5rt SUNWj5jmp SUNWj5man all was good except one (SUNWj5rt) some of the output ERROR: attribute verification of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Help required to install packages

Hi All, I was told to install multiple packages on my solaris server. Is it possible to install multiple packages from a directory or CD. Or I need to install one by one. Please suggest. Thanks, Deepak (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
1 Replies

5. Programming

How to install openGL packages?

Hi, Any one help me regarding how to install openGL packages to work in linux. And i installed some of the packages(gl,glu), but i don't know whether they are installed are not .. Which command is should use to check whether openGL is installed are not .. I am Thankful for any kind of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravikishore
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Install Fedora core 10.0 packages

Hello All, I hv installed fedora 10 on my PC. At the time of installation, i skipped some of the other packages. Now i wanted to install the other packages from the DVD. How sholud i install the other packages. My DVD is bootable one which i got thru software magazines. So it contains FC 10 and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phpalerts
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 install dvd drive boots, but not recoginized by install process

I am trying to build a Sun Ultra 10 with solaris 10. This computer is one of a collection that was donated to the non-profic company I work for. All media was wiped before I recieved them, so I am starting from stratch. I downloaded the Solaris 10 ISO and burned a DVD. The computer came with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwillhight
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 packages

can one install packages from different Solaris 10 subversion on a SPARC? (if we don't have the install media for exact same Solaris10.) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 packages

Hi all, Does anyone know where you can get solaris 10 packages these days? It seems that sunfreeware have now started charging you to download them, which is good. I have found opencsw, but that seems to rely on you hooking the machine into the interenet and at the moment I am trying to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
3 Replies
Intro(9S)						    Data Structures for Drivers 						 Intro(9S)

NAME
Intro, intro - introduction to kernel data structures and properties DESCRIPTION
Section 9P describes kernel properties used by device drivers. Section 9S describes the data structures used by drivers to share informa- tion between the driver and the kernel. See Intro(9E) for an overview of device driver interfaces. In Section 9S, reference pages contain the following headings: o NAME summarizes the purpose of the structure or property. o SYNOPSIS lists the include file that defines the structure or property. o INTERFACE LEVEL describes any architecture dependencies. o DESCRIPTION provides general information about the structure or property. o STRUCTURE MEMBERS lists all accessible structure members (for Section 9S). o SEE ALSO gives sources for further information. Of the preceding headings, Section 9P reference pages contain the NAME, DESCRIPTION, and SEE ALSO fields. Every driver MUST include <sys/ddi.h> and <sys/sunddi.h>, in that order, and as final entries. The following table summarizes the STREAMS structures described in Section 9S. +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | Structure | Type | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |copyreq |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |copyresp |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |datab |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |fmodsw |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |free_rtn |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |iocblk |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |linkblk |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |module_info |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |msgb |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |qband |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |qinit |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |queclass |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |queue |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |streamtab |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |stroptions |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The following table summarizes structures that are not specific to STREAMS I/O. +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | Structure | Type | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |aio_req |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |buf |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |cb_ops |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_device_acc_attr |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_dma_attr |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_dma_cookie |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_dma_lim_sparc |Solaris SPARC DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_dma_lim_x86 |Solaris x86 DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_dma_req |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_dmae_req |Solaris x86 DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_idevice_cookie |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_mapdev_ctl |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |devmap_callback_ctl |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |dev_ops |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |iovec |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |kstat |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |kstat_intr |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |kstat_io |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |kstat_named |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |map |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |modldrv |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |modlinkage |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |modlstrmod |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_address |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_arq_status |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_device |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_extended_sense |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_hba_tran |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_inquiry |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_pkt |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_status |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |uio |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Intro(9E) NOTES
Do not declare arrays of structures as the size of the structures can change between releases. Rely only on the structure members listed in this chapter and not on unlisted members or the position of a member in a structure. SunOS 5.11 15 May 2001 Intro(9S)