Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Does anyone know what technology this logo belongs to? Post 303042929 by Neo on Saturday 11th of January 2020 10:20:10 PM
Old 01-11-2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by drl
Hi.

It could be either PPM, a tape manufacturer, or the outfit that designed the logo for PPM:

PPM Industries | Tape you can trust | Adhesive Tapes manufacturer
Q1. Launching a new brand in the American car refinishing market - CCRZ

Best wishes ... cheers, drl
I seriously doubt the logo is associated with either of the companies above.

The original poster stated:

Quote:
It came in a template full of techy-related stickers for laptop (like Docker, K8s, BigData, RHEL, AWS, etc) but I have no clue what it represents. Any idea?
There is nothing remotely "techy-related" to the two companies above.
The biggest clue is the fact that this logo-sticker was "tech-related" stickers in the same group / context at Docker, KBs, BigData, RHEL, AWS, etc.

The two companies drl suggested above are just about as "non-techy" as they can be.

So, since there is little or even remotely "techy-related" to the two companies above, it is only logical to conclude that the logo is definitely not associated with either of the companies above.

(Not to mention, the logo of a small 'o' next to a '1' ,inside a cartoon rocket, looks nothing like "ppm" even if you turn the sticker upside down Smilie )

Cheers.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

The unix.com logo - anyone else seeing this?

Hi All I'm not sure if anyone else notices this or not - however when I view the unix.com forums in Windows, the flash logo at the top of the page absolutely kills my performance - CPU usage rockets to 100%! If you open the task manager and monitor performance, and slowly scroll down so that the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saabir
1 Replies

2. Solaris

dtlogin logo

hiho, where are the frisky CDE admins.... ;-) how can i change the welcome logo? i found the /usr/dt/config/C/Xresources and the entry: Dtlogin*logo*bitmapFile: but when i enter my own *.bm or *.xpm file the screen use a black logo.... i think i am using the wrong resolution for my picture...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pressy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

which file belongs to which directory

let I executed the following command: ls -lrt mdase mvfile test | grep '\.xml' the output is : -rw-r--r-- 1 surjya other 0 Sep 23 16:25 sample.xml -rw-r--r-- 1 surjya other 0 Oct 5 16:11 tst2.xml -rw-r--r-- 1 surjya other 0 Oct 5 16:12 test3.xml... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: surjyap
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Cool new logo

I saw this on another board, and burst out laughing. http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/brands/0011/0070/brand.gif Apparently it's a new logo (may even be a new name) for a clothing line. Check them out: www.A-Style.it (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dave Miller
9 Replies

5. Solaris

Daemon belongs to which package..

If i know a daemon and it is running.. How can i know that daemon belongs to which package? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
5 Replies

6. AIX

/home belongs to a user?

While doing a "little" clean up job, i noticed something weird... A ls -altr of my / showed this: drwxr-xr-x 1549 johcham grands 102400 Jan 28 13:13 home How can a user become the owner / modify the group of my /home??? any thoughts? Can i chown this back to bin:bin (i think that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stephan
2 Replies
LINUX_LOGO(1)						      Debian GNU/Linux Manual						     LINUX_LOGO(1)

NAME
linux_logo - Color ANSI penguin logo w/ system information. SYNOPSIS
linux_logo [-h | -v ] [-a ] [ -b | -c] [-d] [-D file] [-e file] [-f] [-g | -l] [-k] [-i] [-n] [-p] [-s] [-u] [-x] [-y] [-o Num] [-t string] [-L num | NAME | list | random_xy] [-F format] DESCRIPTION
linux_logo is a program that generates a color ANSI picture of a penguin which includes some system information obtained from the /proc filesystem. OPTIONS
-h Show summary of options. -v Show version of program. -ascii -a Display the logo as monochrome ascii. -banner -b Display the banner-style logo. -classic -c Display the original penguin logo. -d Disable "prettying" of output -D filename Use logo from "filename" -e filename Use cpuinfo from "filename" for debugging purposes -f Force the screen clear before drawing the logo. -F STRING Use custom output STRING for sysinfo. See below for more info. -g Display only the system infomation. -i Ignore the ~/.linux_logo and /etc/linux_logo.conf config files -k Keep sysinfo flushed-left (non-centered) -l Display only the logo. -L ... Custom logo options. See LOGO SELECTION below -o Num Shift output Num spaces to the right -p Preserve cursor location -s Skip the BogoMips test [ speeds up display on non-Linux platforms ]. -t string Display an arbitrary string -u Display the system uptime. -w val Set screen width to val -y Display the load average. PROCESSOR INFORMATION
CPUINFO The cpuinfo supplied in /proc/cpuinfo is not always usable by linux_logo. If the cpuinfo for your microprocessor generates ugly output, send the output from your /proc/cpuinfo to the author. FORMAT The format string special sequences start with # (use ## to print #). All other characters, except for , are printed as is. Seq Description Output ---------------------------------------------------------------- ## # #B Bogomips 374.37 #C Compiled Date #47 Fri Jan 8 10:37:09 EST 1999 #E User Text My Favorite Linux Distribution Displayed with -t #H Hostname deranged #L Load average Load average 0.04, 0.01, 0.01 #M Megahertz 188Mhz where supported #N Number of CPU's Two #O OS Name Linux #P Processor or Processors Processor #R Ram 64M in Megabytes #S Plural s #T Type of CPU K6 #U Uptime Uptime 10 hours 59 minutes #V Version of OS 2.2.0-pre5 #X CPU Vendor AMD \n carriage return Notes: o The letter after the # must be capitalized. o Options not available are silently ignored. o Megahertz only available on some platforms and newer kernels. o See defaults.h on how to have #N report in non-english numbers. o Plural [#S] gives nothing if there is 1 cpu, gives 's' otherwise. o The "-y" and "-u" [display uptime and load average] command line options don't affect the output if a custom format is used. The default banner format is: "#O Version #V, Compiled #C #N #M#X#T Processor#S, #R RAM, #B Bogomips Total #H " The default banner format displays the following on the author's computer: Linux Version 2.2.0-pre5, Compiled #47 Fri Jan 8 10:37:09 EST 1999 One 188MHz AMD K6 Processor, 64M RAM, 374.37 Bogomips Total deranged Another example would be: linux_logo -F "Redhat Linux 5.2 Kernel Version #V #U #L " which would display: Redhat Linux 5.2 Kernel Version 2.2.0-pre5 Uptime 11 hours 4 minutes Load average 0.00, 0.00, 0.00 LOGO SELECTION The -L command line option is used to choose which logo to use. o "-L list" will list all of the logos available o "-L NAME" will display the logo with name NAME. o "-L NUM" will display logo with number NUM (deprecated) o "-L random_xy" will pick a logo at random, with criteria xy. When you replace x with the letter: b : pick a random banner mode logo c : pick a random classic mode logo e : pick a logo from either banner or classic When you replace y with the letter: a: pick a random ascii logo n: pick a non-ascii logo e: pick either type of logo So to summarize: "-L random_ba" picks a random ascii banner, "-L random_ce" picks a random classic logo "-L random_ee" picks any logo, etc. DEBIAN
The Debian pre-packaged version of linux_logo includes the Debian logo in addition to the 'Classic' and 'Banner' logos. The Debian logo is the default logo unless one of the other logos is specified on the command line. CONFIG FILES
~/.linux_logo and /etc/linux_logo.conf can be filled with command line options and will be parsed before the actual command line SEE ALSO
/usr/doc/linux_logo, http://www.deater.net/weave AUTHOR
Vince Weaver <vince@deater.net>. This manual page was written by Steve Kostecke <steve@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. Debian 7 July 2007 LINUX_LOGO(1)