Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers File write begin/end, recording time Post 303042902 by mrAibo on Friday 10th of January 2020 04:59:43 AM
Old 01-10-2020
Solved with Inotify tools.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

BEGIN END questions

Why would you need to use this in a script? Why can't you just use print to print out what you want printed in the begining and print for what you want at the end. So this: nawk 'BEGIN {print "this is the first line"} {print $1 $2 $3} {print $5 $6} END {print "this is the last line"}' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: llsmr777
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

begin end detection

Hi all, i am new to scripting. i need to write a code to detect begin and end of word that either begins or ends with t,th,d,dh,s,sh i have a set of words in a file containg one word per line. let the filename be aaa.txt. i have an another file bbb.txt which has two lines, just specifying the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: blkanth
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of Begin IF ,END IF END not working in the sql script

Hi I have written a script .The script runs properly if i write sql queries .But if i use PLSQL commands of BEGIN if end if , end ,then on running the script the comamds are getting printed on the prompt . Ex :temp.sql After connecting to the databse at the sql prompt i type... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isha_1
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dump to another file for a begin and end Pattern

Hi All , I am newbie to linux shell scripting , below are the contents of my log file , i want the lines between a begin pattern and a end pattern for an instance , my begin Pattern is "Transaction Begins for Usr" and end pattern is "Transaction Ends for Usr" into another file Sample file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SARAVANANE
1 Replies

5. Programming

search a file between two begin and end strings in c

Can any one help me out with following problem... I want to search in a file which has two strings repeat each time(like start and end) i want to search between these two string in C programming. please help me with the solution. thanks in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday.sena.m
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the sum of values in between begin and end in the file

Hi All, test file Begin Script Run at Thu Mar 14 09:24:16 PDT 2013 tst_accounts: ws zip: WS_out_20130313.tar.gz dat: test_20130313.dat count: 63574 loaded: xx pre-merge: xx post-merge: xx timestamp: Thu Mar 14 09:30:42 PDT 2013 tst_accounts: ws zip: WS_out_20130313.tar.gz dat: s_20130313.dat... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Begin/End blocks in awk: confused

I am trying to understand how to use the END block in awk without much success. I have this script that I found: gawk '{count++; keyword = $1} if (count == 3) keyword = "order this" else print keyword " " k } }' << orderfile Is that the way that the END block should be used? I am... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

BEGIN and END format in awk

I'm new to awk, trying to understand the basics. I'm trying to reset the counter everytime the program gets a new file to check. I figured in the BEGIN part it would work, but it doesn't. #!/bin/awk -f BEGIN {counter=0} { sum=0 for ( i=1; i<=NF;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guitarist684
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search ad replace using begin and end of the file

Hello Friends , Please help to create script for compare and replace if not matches of set of lines . * Primary* Servername Server1 Location R201 Rack 4 *End Primary* *Secondary* Server Name Server1 IPAddress 10.24.30.10 Application Apache *End of Secondary* Above... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rnary
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

In ksh script what is this BEGIN and END in this function?

Can Someone please explain why BEGIN and END statement is used inside function? How does that help in scripting? function fileformatting { CleanupMask="xXxX" sed 's/^.//' < ${AllFile} > ${AllFile}.tmp echo $(wc -l ${AllFile}.tmp) `awk -v CleanupMask=${CleanupMask} ' BEGIN... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: later_troy
2 Replies
rpld-tools(1)						 System User's Manual: rpld-tools					     rpld-tools(1)

NAME
rpld-tools - RoarAudio PlayList Daemon control programs SYNOPSIS
rpld-next --ifcurple PLE rpld-ctl [COMMON OPTIONS] COMMAND [arg] rpld-queueple [COMMON OPTIONS] [--pos {first|last|POS]] PLE [PLI] rpld-listq [COMMON OPTIONS] [PLI] rpld-setpointer [COMMON OPTIONS] POINTER PLE [PLI] rpld-listplaylists [COMMON OPTIONS] [{--tree|--flat}] rpld-import [COMMON OPTIONS] PLI TYPE FILE DESCRIPTION
The RoarAudio PlayList Daemon is a daemon which manages playlists and can play files or streams from those lists using a RoarAudio Sound Server. This is a set of Perl based tools to do simple control of the server. The following tools are supported: rpld-next --ifcurple PLE Skip current song. if --ifcurple and a PLE is given the song is only skiped if the currently played song matches the given PLE. rpld-ctl [COMMON OPTIONS] COMMAND [arg] This command can alter diffrent parts of the current rpld state. This included playback state as well as some playlist manipula- tion. Possible commands are: pause Pause playback. unpause Unpause playback. togglepause If playback is paused unpause, if not pause. volume VOL Set volume to VOL. VOL must be in range 0%..100% or 0..65535. play Start playback. stop Stop playback. next Play next track. prev Play previous track. store Save current state to store. addplaylist PLAYLIST Add a new playlist. delplaylist PLAYLIST Delete a playlist. rpld-queueple [COMMON OPTIONS] [--pos {first|last|POS]] PLE [PLI] Queue the song PLE form playlist PLI. If no playlist is given all playlists are searched. A position where to queue to can option- aly be given. rpld-listq [COMMON OPTIONS] [PLI] List content of queue or given playlist PLI. rpld-setpointer [COMMON OPTIONS] POINTER PLE [PLI] Set pointer POINTER to a given target PLE. If no playlist (PLI) is given Main Queue is used. rpld-listplaylists [COMMON OPTIONS] [{--tree|--flat}] List all known playlists. Listing is done in correct tree view (default) or as flat view. rpld-import [COMMON OPTIONS] PLI TYPE FILE Import a playlist file FILE into a playlist PLI. The type of the file is given as TYPE. COMMON OPTIONS
The following common options are supported: --help THis option shows a brief help. --server SERVER This option sets the server to connect to. This overrides the defaults. --queue QUEUE This sets the default queue for the current process. SEE ALSO
rpld-deprecated(1), rpld(7), RoarAudio(7). HISTORY
For history information see RoarAudio(7). rpld-tools May 2012 rpld-tools(1)