Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Enye issue filenaming and path Post 303042900 by vbe on Friday 10th of January 2020 04:26:23 AM
Old 01-10-2020
Quote:
tried to transfer files from my windows to linux server via scp with filename MONTAÑO.txt and access thru putty
I would add to zxmaus comment that windows does not use ascii natively except when fiddling in a ascii text terminal... windows tends to use a MS... UTF(X) that looks like something between UTF8 and UTF16, I had some (hmmm many...) cases of that sort of data corruption in files coming from other sources and language, and had to correct to the best using some awk and lots of sed... and never sure I will not get another unknown variant...
So avoid using such characters when dealing with file names, variables or in paths...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

PATH issue on linux

If PATH is set to ../bin:../sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin (chunk of path string). Sometime when I try to execute ls command it says ../bin/ls not found. According to my understanding "ls" should be searched in all the path varibales that we set in the PATH varaibale. Is there any reason for the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hansini
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

issue with PATH

hello On Debian Lenny, I first ran apt-get install git-core and then removed it to install from source. The trouble is that when I typed git --version, I am get: -bash: /usr/bin/git: No such file or directory of course, git is now in /usr/local/bin I don't understand why since... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JCR
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PLease HELP!!! PATH variable issue

Hello, I logged in to the unix solaris with my user name and then I again logged in with the sudo bash -l command now when I do echo $PATH It shows me => /usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin/usr/sbin:/usr/ucb:/usr/local/bin How do i find out where is this file located for setting the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddhans
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

LaunchAgent file path issue

This is weirdly a linux question I suppose. Im having a problem with this code the file path is fine if I don't use the ~ and put in the user /Users/tempuser/.... This will be installed on more than one computer and changing the plist for every install is going to become tedious. Is there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: digitalviking
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Prompt path display issue

I use the following command to print the current directory above the command prompt set prompt="`exec pwd`\n$USER@`hostname -s` %B: % > " The output is something like this <current path> $USER@hostname > But when I try to CD to any other directory and press the return key, the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aelhosiny
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files from parent path to multiple child path using bash in efficient way

Hi All, Can you please provide some pointers to move files from Base path to multiple paths in efficient way.Folder Structure is already created. /Path/AdminUser/User1/1111/Reports/aaa.txt to /Path/User1/1111/Reports/aaa.txt /Path/AdminUser/User1/2222/Reports/bbb.txt to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikgv417
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh - variable to be set to windows path issue

Greetings Experts, I need to pass a parameter to ksh and the value is windows path eg: sh abc.txt C:\Users\chill3chee\Desktop No matter I try with \ delimiter, still could not get this exact value assigned to the shell variable which was checked with echo. Tried with using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to see the logical volume path, device mapper path and its corresponding dm device path

Currently I am using this laborious command lvdisplay | awk '/LV Path/ {p=$3} /LV Name/ {n=$3} /VG Name/ {v=$3} /Block device/ {d=$3; sub(".*:", "/dev/dm-", d); printf "%s\t%s\t%s\n", p, "/dev/mapper/"v"-"n, d}' Would like to know if there is any shorter method to get this mapping of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

9. AIX

issue AIX MPIO path closed

Hello, I have encountered the issue on my AIX 6.1. As you can see below, the hdisk1 & hdisk8 are not recognized by the system / > lspv hdisk0 00fa6d1288c820aa rootvg active hdisk1 00fa6d1288c8213c None hdisk2 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Relative path to Absolute path, without changing directory to the file location.

Hello, I am creating a file with all the source folders included in my git branch, when i grep for the used source, i found source included as relative path instead of absolute path, how can convert relative path to absolute path without changing directory to that folder and using readlink -f ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekhar419
4 Replies
STATFS(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 STATFS(2)

NAME
statfs, fstatfs - get file system statistics SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/vfs.h> int statfs(const char *path, struct statfs *buf); int fstatfs(int fd, struct statfs *buf); DESCRIPTION
statfs returns information about a mounted file system. path is the path name of any file within the mounted filesystem. buf is a pointer to a statfs structure defined as follows: struct statfs { long f_type; /* type of filesystem (see below) */ long f_bsize; /* optimal transfer block size */ long f_blocks; /* total data blocks in file system */ long f_bfree; /* free blocks in fs */ long f_bavail; /* free blocks avail to non-superuser */ long f_files; /* total file nodes in file system */ long f_ffree; /* free file nodes in fs */ fsid_t f_fsid; /* file system id */ long f_namelen; /* maximum length of filenames */ long f_spare[6]; /* spare for later */ }; File system types: linux/affs_fs.h: AFFS_SUPER_MAGIC 0xADFF linux/efs_fs.h: EFS_SUPER_MAGIC 0x00414A53 linux/ext_fs.h: EXT_SUPER_MAGIC 0x137D linux/ext2_fs.h: EXT2_OLD_SUPER_MAGIC 0xEF51 EXT2_SUPER_MAGIC 0xEF53 linux/hpfs_fs.h: HPFS_SUPER_MAGIC 0xF995E849 linux/iso_fs.h: ISOFS_SUPER_MAGIC 0x9660 linux/minix_fs.h: MINIX_SUPER_MAGIC 0x137F /* orig. minix */ MINIX_SUPER_MAGIC2 0x138F /* 30 char minix */ MINIX2_SUPER_MAGIC 0x2468 /* minix V2 */ MINIX2_SUPER_MAGIC2 0x2478 /* minix V2, 30 char names */ linux/msdos_fs.h: MSDOS_SUPER_MAGIC 0x4d44 linux/ncp_fs.h: NCP_SUPER_MAGIC 0x564c linux/nfs_fs.h: NFS_SUPER_MAGIC 0x6969 linux/proc_fs.h: PROC_SUPER_MAGIC 0x9fa0 linux/smb_fs.h: SMB_SUPER_MAGIC 0x517B linux/sysv_fs.h: XENIX_SUPER_MAGIC 0x012FF7B4 SYSV4_SUPER_MAGIC 0x012FF7B5 SYSV2_SUPER_MAGIC 0x012FF7B6 COH_SUPER_MAGIC 0x012FF7B7 linux/ufs_fs.h: UFS_MAGIC 0x00011954 linux/xfs_fs.h: XFS_SUPER_MAGIC 0x58465342 linux/xia_fs.h: _XIAFS_SUPER_MAGIC 0x012FD16D Fields that are undefined for a particular file system are set to 0. fstatfs returns the same information about an open file referenced by descriptor fd. RETURN VALUE
On success, zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
For statfs: ENOTDIR A component of the path prefix of path is not a directory. ENAMETOOLONG path is too long. ENOENT The file referred to by path does not exist. EACCES Search permission is denied for a component of the path prefix of path. ELOOP Too many symbolic links were encountered in translating path. EFAULT Buf or path points to an invalid address. EIO An I/O error occurred while reading from or writing to the file system. ENOMEM Insufficient kernel memory was available. ENOSYS The filesystem path is on does not support statfs. For fstatfs: EBADF fd is not a valid open file descriptor. EFAULT buf points to an invalid address. EIO An I/O error occurred while reading from or writing to the file system. ENOSYS The filesystem fd is open on does not support statfs. CONFORMING TO
The Linux statfs was inspired by the 4.4BSD one (but they do not use the same structure). SEE ALSO
stat(2) Linux 2.0.30 1997-08-21 STATFS(2)