Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Elecrow GSM/GPRS/EDGE SIM5360E 3G Shield for Arduino Post 303042894 by Neo on Thursday 9th of January 2020 10:37:09 PM
Old 01-09-2020
Update:

Elecrow customer service contacted me and confirmed this device is defective if it cannot read / recognize a local, unlocked, working 3/4G SIM card.

They also confirmed that all of their boards should ship with the required jumpers, and they kindly apologized that this one did not come with the required jumpers (not a "big deal" but of course, their quality control team should insure this does not happen).

Elecrow also kindly refunded the cost of this device and mentioned to me they would let me know when an updated version is ready and offered to send the updated version to me when available, so I can retest.

When I get the time, I will send this device back to Elecrow so they can run their own tests on it; or I will try to find time to work with Elecrow engineers to debug this device (from here) when I get back to this project in a few weeks.

For now, I'm moving on to other "mail bag" project .... Smilie
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

java shield

dear experts i want to install java install shield on solaris but first i want to read more information and help about it can anyone gives me some links or guids that helps me (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GPRS Tunnelling Protocol implementation under UNIX

I need to implement a program that sends CDRs (just some data) over GTP' (GTP Prime - one of the GPRS Tunnelling Protocols, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPRS_Tunnelling_Protocol). Does anybody know where I can find GTP implementation? I'v tryed OpenGGSN (http://sourceforge.net/projects/ggsn/), but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitori
4 Replies

3. SuSE

Help:how to connect gprs internet in linux

:mad: iam connecting to internet using gprs ccellphone in windows in linux how to connect to gprs internet presently iam using linux distribution opensuse 10.3 my phone is LGB2070 using com1 port the driver for windows is in .inf format ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seshumohan
4 Replies

4. Linux

X-Windows,Install Shield on CentOS

I have a fresh install of CentOS 5.2. I need to install a commercial package that uses InstallShield. Every time I run the installation program, it gives me an error that tells me it can't open an xwindows window. The system autoboots into Gnome. I open a new xterm window by typing xterm in a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffreywpearson
0 Replies

5. Programming

Arduino-cli - Uploading to Unknown Chinese Arduino Boards using the Arduino Command Line Interface

In my further exploration of Arduino, today I decided to install the arduino-cli on my mac today. https://github.com/arduino/arduino-cli I followed the instructions for macOS but when I got to this part: arduino-cli board list I got the dreaded "Unknown" Fully Qualified Board Name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

6. Programming

Arduino UNIX Time - Syncing Computer UNIX Time to Arduino Time with Python

Just finished a quick Python script to send the current unix time over to the Arduino from macOS, so in the absence of GPS or some other way to get the unix timestamp (epoch time) to the Arduino, I can get my macOS and Arduino UNO synced to within a second. Normally, when the Arduino starts... (9 Replies)
9 Replies

7. Programming

NB-IoT Arduino Shield from AIS (Thailand) First Impressions

Today I received my NB-IoT Arduino Shield for AIS (Thailand). Here is a "pinout" photo of the shield. My shield looks just like the one above, for the most part. I'll post another photo of the actual device later. When I received the shield in the mail, I went immediately to a local... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

8. Programming

Arduino Project: iPhone to HM-10 BLE to NB-IoT Shield to NB-IoT Network to Internet to Linux Server

This post describes a "work in progress" project I started today. Here is the High Level Overview: Currently, this project sits on my desk as an Arduino UNO (on the bottom), an NB-IoT Shield (sandwiched in the middle), a Sensor Shield (on top) with a HM-10 BLE Module (in the little... (13 Replies)
13 Replies
RC(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						     RC(4)

NAME
rc -- RISCom/8 multiport card SYNOPSIS
device isa device rc DESCRIPTION
The RISCom/8 is an eight port ISA RS-232C communications multiplexer with a built in RISC processor. It uses a block of sixteen I/O ports in the range 0x200 to 0x3f0 selectable by on-board switches or jumpers. The block must be aligned on a sixteen port boundary. The jumper- selectable hardware interrupt level may be set to be detected during system initialization using settings found in the /boot/device.hints file. This driver is mostly based on the Cirrus Logic CL-CD180 driver. HARDWARE
The rc driver provides support for the SDL Communications RISCom/8 boards. DIAGNOSTICS
The following driver specific error messages may be reported: rc%d channel%d: interrupt-level buffer overflow An internal buffer overflow error has occurred on the listed channel. The rc driver will need to be reloaded to correct this. rc%d: Bad char chan %d The channel has obtained a bad set of characters. rc%d: Got extra chars chan %d The rc driver got more characters than expected on the channel shown. rc%d: data mismatch chan %d ptr %d (%d != %d) Data sent from channel %d to the rx buffer was different then expected. rc%d: channel %d command timeout, rc.c line: %d A command timeout has occurred on the channel, the src/sys/dev/rc/rc.c file can be consulted for more information. SEE ALSO
tty(1), ttyname(3), sio(4), tty(4), device.hints(5), comcontrol(8), getty(8), mutex(9), splx(9) http://www.sdlcomm.com HISTORY
The rc driver first appeared in FreeBSD 2.0.5. This manual page first appeared in FreeBSD 5.3. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
The rc driver code still uses the spl(9) functions. These should be replaced by mutex(9) functions. The various ttyld_*() functions should be documented. BSD
March 18, 2005 BSD