Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers File write begin/end, recording time Post 303042881 by mrAibo on Thursday 9th of January 2020 09:27:21 AM
Old 01-09-2020
File write begin/end, recording time

Hello all,

How can I find out the start and end of the writing file in the directory or recording time for writing file?

I have a directory where small ~ 1*MB temporary files are written.
After the end of the record, they are retrieved and erased.
I can only find out that the files are being written there.

Code:
while true; do ls --full-time temp | grep -v "insgesamt 0"; done

Thanks!

Last edited by RavinderSingh13; 01-09-2020 at 10:33 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

BEGIN END questions

Why would you need to use this in a script? Why can't you just use print to print out what you want printed in the begining and print for what you want at the end. So this: nawk 'BEGIN {print "this is the first line"} {print $1 $2 $3} {print $5 $6} END {print "this is the last line"}' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: llsmr777
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

begin end detection

Hi all, i am new to scripting. i need to write a code to detect begin and end of word that either begins or ends with t,th,d,dh,s,sh i have a set of words in a file containg one word per line. let the filename be aaa.txt. i have an another file bbb.txt which has two lines, just specifying the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: blkanth
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of Begin IF ,END IF END not working in the sql script

Hi I have written a script .The script runs properly if i write sql queries .But if i use PLSQL commands of BEGIN if end if , end ,then on running the script the comamds are getting printed on the prompt . Ex :temp.sql After connecting to the databse at the sql prompt i type... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isha_1
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dump to another file for a begin and end Pattern

Hi All , I am newbie to linux shell scripting , below are the contents of my log file , i want the lines between a begin pattern and a end pattern for an instance , my begin Pattern is "Transaction Begins for Usr" and end pattern is "Transaction Ends for Usr" into another file Sample file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SARAVANANE
1 Replies

5. Programming

search a file between two begin and end strings in c

Can any one help me out with following problem... I want to search in a file which has two strings repeat each time(like start and end) i want to search between these two string in C programming. please help me with the solution. thanks in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday.sena.m
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the sum of values in between begin and end in the file

Hi All, test file Begin Script Run at Thu Mar 14 09:24:16 PDT 2013 tst_accounts: ws zip: WS_out_20130313.tar.gz dat: test_20130313.dat count: 63574 loaded: xx pre-merge: xx post-merge: xx timestamp: Thu Mar 14 09:30:42 PDT 2013 tst_accounts: ws zip: WS_out_20130313.tar.gz dat: s_20130313.dat... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Begin/End blocks in awk: confused

I am trying to understand how to use the END block in awk without much success. I have this script that I found: gawk '{count++; keyword = $1} if (count == 3) keyword = "order this" else print keyword " " k } }' << orderfile Is that the way that the END block should be used? I am... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

BEGIN and END format in awk

I'm new to awk, trying to understand the basics. I'm trying to reset the counter everytime the program gets a new file to check. I figured in the BEGIN part it would work, but it doesn't. #!/bin/awk -f BEGIN {counter=0} { sum=0 for ( i=1; i<=NF;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guitarist684
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search ad replace using begin and end of the file

Hello Friends , Please help to create script for compare and replace if not matches of set of lines . * Primary* Servername Server1 Location R201 Rack 4 *End Primary* *Secondary* Server Name Server1 IPAddress 10.24.30.10 Application Apache *End of Secondary* Above... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rnary
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

In ksh script what is this BEGIN and END in this function?

Can Someone please explain why BEGIN and END statement is used inside function? How does that help in scripting? function fileformatting { CleanupMask="xXxX" sed 's/^.//' < ${AllFile} > ${AllFile}.tmp echo $(wc -l ${AllFile}.tmp) `awk -v CleanupMask=${CleanupMask} ' BEGIN... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: later_troy
2 Replies
GIT-CHECKOUT-INDEX(1)                                               Git Manual                                               GIT-CHECKOUT-INDEX(1)

NAME
git-checkout-index - Copy files from the index to the working tree SYNOPSIS
git checkout-index [-u] [-q] [-a] [-f] [-n] [--prefix=<string>] [--stage=<number>|all] [--temp] [-z] [--stdin] [--] [<file>...] DESCRIPTION
Will copy all files listed from the index to the working directory (not overwriting existing files). OPTIONS
-u, --index update stat information for the checked out entries in the index file. -q, --quiet be quiet if files exist or are not in the index -f, --force forces overwrite of existing files -a, --all checks out all files in the index. Cannot be used together with explicit filenames. -n, --no-create Don't checkout new files, only refresh files already checked out. --prefix=<string> When creating files, prepend <string> (usually a directory including a trailing /) --stage=<number>|all Instead of checking out unmerged entries, copy out the files from named stage. <number> must be between 1 and 3. Note: --stage=all automatically implies --temp. --temp Instead of copying the files to the working directory write the content to temporary files. The temporary name associations will be written to stdout. --stdin Instead of taking list of paths from the command line, read list of paths from the standard input. Paths are separated by LF (i.e. one path per line) by default. -z Only meaningful with --stdin; paths are separated with NUL character instead of LF. -- Do not interpret any more arguments as options. The order of the flags used to matter, but not anymore. Just doing git checkout-index does nothing. You probably meant git checkout-index -a. And if you want to force it, you want git checkout-index -f -a. Intuitiveness is not the goal here. Repeatability is. The reason for the "no arguments means no work" behavior is that from scripts you are supposed to be able to do: $ find . -name '*.h' -print0 | xargs -0 git checkout-index -f -- which will force all existing *.h files to be replaced with their cached copies. If an empty command line implied "all", then this would force-refresh everything in the index, which was not the point. But since git checkout-index accepts --stdin it would be faster to use: $ find . -name '*.h' -print0 | git checkout-index -f -z --stdin The -- is just a good idea when you know the rest will be filenames; it will prevent problems with a filename of, for example, -a. Using -- is probably a good policy in scripts. USING --TEMP OR --STAGE=ALL When --temp is used (or implied by --stage=all) git checkout-index will create a temporary file for each index entry being checked out. The index will not be updated with stat information. These options can be useful if the caller needs all stages of all unmerged entries so that the unmerged files can be processed by an external merge tool. A listing will be written to stdout providing the association of temporary file names to tracked path names. The listing format has two variations: 1. tempname TAB path RS The first format is what gets used when --stage is omitted or is not --stage=all. The field tempname is the temporary file name holding the file content and path is the tracked path name in the index. Only the requested entries are output. 2. stage1temp SP stage2temp SP stage3tmp TAB path RS The second format is what gets used when --stage=all. The three stage temporary fields (stage1temp, stage2temp, stage3temp) list the name of the temporary file if there is a stage entry in the index or . if there is no stage entry. Paths which only have a stage 0 entry will always be omitted from the output. In both formats RS (the record separator) is newline by default but will be the null byte if -z was passed on the command line. The temporary file names are always safe strings; they will never contain directory separators or whitespace characters. The path field is always relative to the current directory and the temporary file names are always relative to the top level directory. If the object being copied out to a temporary file is a symbolic link the content of the link will be written to a normal file. It is up to the end-user or the Porcelain to make use of this information. EXAMPLES
To update and refresh only the files already checked out $ git checkout-index -n -f -a && git update-index --ignore-missing --refresh Using git checkout-index to "export an entire tree" The prefix ability basically makes it trivial to use git checkout-index as an "export as tree" function. Just read the desired tree into the index, and do: $ git checkout-index --prefix=git-export-dir/ -a git checkout-index will "export" the index into the specified directory. The final "/" is important. The exported name is literally just prefixed with the specified string. Contrast this with the following example. Export files with a prefix $ git checkout-index --prefix=.merged- Makefile This will check out the currently cached copy of Makefile into the file .merged-Makefile. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-CHECKOUT-INDEX(1)