Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Pass config file to bash script Post 303042731 by cmccabe on Sunday 5th of January 2020 07:24:36 AM
Old 01-05-2020
I get: y being echo on a newline. Thankk you Smilie.

Code:
mkdir TEST && cd $_
echo -e '. $1\necho var' >script.sh
echo 'var=yes' >config
bash script.sh config
yes

Code:
y
y
y

should script.sh look like:

Code:
$1=config  # define argument

. $config   # source config file in script

echo "$@"  # read contents of config using posistional parameters
echo -e  $1 # echo each line in script

Last edited by cmccabe; 01-05-2020 at 08:51 AM.. Reason: added comments
This User Gave Thanks to cmccabe For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

bash and its config file

Guys im using bash and for me i think its the best shell, anyway which conf file related to bash ? is it $SHELL or .profile i want to add path to it so i dont need to type the full path of the binary file, i also want to configure the behaviour of the shell, please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
1 Replies

2. Web Development

bash script editing my apache config files

okay i'm going to try to say this uber-simple: I use dropbox (file-sync service). in order for dropbox sync files, they must be its children eg. somewhere under /home/jzacsh/Dropbox]. I want to now use it to keep my development files in sync across my machines: easy: just move my dev. files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jzacsh
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing a config file using bash

Hi , I have a config _file that has 3 columns (Id Name Value ) with many rows . In my bash script i want to be able to parse the file and do a mapping of any Id value so if i have Id of say brand1 then i can use the name (server5X) and Value (CCCC) and so on ... Id Name ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nano2
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script config file

hi all config.sh : dhcp="0" setip="1" telnet="1" ping="1" main.sh function dhcp { } function setip { } (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sadosan83
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass arguments to bash script

myscript.sh #!/bin/bash ARGA=$1 if ; then echo "${ARGA}:Confirmed" else echo "${ARGA}:Unconfirmed" fi when I run the above script from the command line, i run it as: ./myscript.sh jsmith now some times, i need to runn it this way: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to write Config shell script to pass variables in master shell script?

Dear Unix gurus, We have a config shell script file which has 30 variables which needs to be passed to master unix shell script that invokes oracle database sessions. So those 30 variables need to go through the database sessions (They are inputs) via a shell script. one of the variable name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dba1981
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write config shell script to pass variables in master shell script?

Dear Unix gurus, We have a config shell script file which has 30 variables which needs to be passed to master unix shell script that invokes oracle database sessions. So those 30 variables need to go through the database sessions (They are inputs) via a shell script. one of the variable name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dba1981
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to pass the config file lines as variable on the respective called function on a script

I want to make a config file which contain all the paths. i want to read the config file line by line and pass as an argument on my below function. Replace all the path with reading config path line by line and pass in respective functions. how can i achieve that? Kindly guide. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl , download file with user:pass in bash script

Hello, My question is about curl command. (ubuntu14.04) In terminal, I am able to download my mainfile with: curl -u user1:pass1 http://11.22.33.44/******* When I convert it into bash script like this: #!/bin/bash cd /root/scripts computer_ip=11.22.33.44 curl -u $1:$2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
8 Replies
Locale::Script(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				       Locale::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Script(3pm)