Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Migrating jobs from COBOL Mainframe system to UNIX system Post 303042522 by Tjsureboy4me on Friday 27th of December 2019 05:24:23 PM
Old 12-27-2019
Hi Jgt,
This documentation looks like system migration. I am more interested in job migration from Cobol to Unix. Am not sure if this helps?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to invoke cobol jobs on mainframes

Hi, Does any one of you know how to invoke the cobol jobs on mainframes? Thanks, Waseem (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting a Windows system to a UNIX system

Hello I am looking for advise on how to convert a windows based computer system into a UNIX based operating system.. I would like to be able to learn UNIX better than I know it and work didn't allow me to work with UNIX much. Is there a book where I could learn how to accomplish that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baksg1995
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP files to target Mainframe system

Hi Experts... Greetings for the day..! I just want to FTP the files to mainframe system.. my code is not working..and also i need to put the files in a particular directory in a specific naming format... ftp -i -n ${HOST_NAME} << END_FTP user ${USER_NAME} ${PASSWORD} put ${FILE_NAME}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spkandy
3 Replies

4. Programming

UNIX system call in COBOL

Hi, The UNIX system call inside the COBOL program is doing the specified command correctly. MOVE W080-UNZIP-FILE-COMMAND TO W080-OUTPUT-COMMAND CALL "SYSTEM" USING W080-OUTPUT-COMMAND RETURNING W080-SYS-CALL-STATUS BUT The problem is, the following keeps on showing on the log file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyAV
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix System Programmer Vs. Unix System Administrator

Hi friends, I hope you are all fine and doing well. First of all, let me say that I love Unix with passion. But I have one query in my mind that is bothering me. What should I do, Unix System Administration or Unix System Programmering. Could you please tell me the difference between the two. And... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Typeset -i in MVS (Mainframe system)

Hi, I have one job that runs daily and creates daily files. At the end I compare the today's file with previous day's file. And if today's file size is greater or equal to previous day's file, then it is ok, else I need to through error. I have following piece of code: typeset -i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppatra
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX file system to Linux file system migration

We would be migrating UNIX file system to Linux file system. We do have many directory and sub directories with files. after migrating unix to linux file system , i want to make sure all the files has been copied ? What would be the best approach to validate directory ,sub-directory and file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balajikalai
1 Replies

8. AIX

Cloning a system via mksysb backup from one system and restore to new system

Hello All, I am trying to clone an entire AIX virtual machine to a new virtual machine including all partitions and OS.Can anyone help me on the procedure to follow? I am not really sure on how it can be done.Thanks in advance. Please use CODE tags for sample input, sample output, and for code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
4 Replies
queuedefs(4)							   File Formats 						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and cron SYNOPSIS
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron(1M). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue. a is the default queue for jobs started by at(1); b is the default queue for jobs started by batch (see at(1)); c is the default queue for jobs run from a crontab(1) file. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run, and the others will be run as jobs that are currently running terminate. The default value is 100. nice The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user. The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing has been reached. The default value is 60. Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample file. # # a.4j1n b.2j2n90w This file specifies that the a queue, for at jobs, can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice value of 1. As no nwait value was given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. The b queue, for batch(1) jobs, can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice(1) value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron(1M) will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. FILES
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), nice(1), cron(1M) SunOS 5.10 1 Mar 1994 queuedefs(4)