Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Displaying every other line in an array. Post 303042493 by rbatte1 on Friday 27th of December 2019 05:04:08 AM
Old 12-27-2019
Rather than the effort and cost of a second array, could you create a flag that is either zero or one. You then have a simple test to add to your code:-
  • If the flag is zero, display the output and set the flag to one
  • If the flag is one, display nothing and set the flag to zero
Does that logic help?

Kind regards,
Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

displaying the first line?

how do i display just the first line of a file with the cat command or any command for that matter (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imuuk
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

displaying the path in the command line

Hi all, Does anyone know how to ammend the .cshrc file in $HOME for your session to display the path as part of the command line? So that I dont need to keep on typing pwd to see where I am? thanks Ocelot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

displaying the last line of the file

hi... i need to display the last line of the file and capture the line in to a variable in unix envt.(not the perl ones)... please help (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lmadhuri
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

displaying mutliple fields on command line

This is probably the dumbest question you guys can get, but I'm trying, as a complete noob, to display the unix calendar for all the months without Saturday and Sunday showing. How can I remove those fields without having to type all the fields in individually such as: cal -y | awk '{print $2,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trellot
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying Array Elements in Shell Scripts

Hi All, I am using the following piece of script to print all the array elements in a script by name compare.sh: 31 len=${#array }; 32 j=0; 33 #echo "The length of the array is : $len" 34 while ; do 35 temp=${array} 36 echo "$temp" 37 let $j++ 38 done But I am getting the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananddr
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Displaying the Second Line of the Grep Search Results

Hi I really hope someone can help with the below question. Lets say that I have a file called output.txt and I want to display all of the lines which contain the word ‘disconnect'. I know that this can easily be obtained by using the following command: grep -i disconnect output.txt However,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunny Sid
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

displaying a column in horizontal line separated by ', '

cat my.log blah blah blah < 1 djfh jsdfhk jksdfh < 2 dshkfl opeir pqowi < 4 khasd wouipeui say i am perfroming some action similar to below... cat my.log | egrep "<" | awk -F' ' '{print $2}' | grep -v "" it gives output as below 1 2 4 is there anyway to modify above same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Displaying field of NR, not the line #

Within AWK, how do you display a field of NR? Here's my code: awk '(NR>1) && (P1=$1-w)>=100000 {print "increase of" " " P1*.0000179," " "kW at" " " 'NR*60/431900' " " "minutes" "\n" "change from" " " 'NR-10($1)' " " "kW to" " " 'NR+70($1)' "\n"}{w=$1}' filename I can change NR and print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: markymarkg123
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell for displaying specific records from a line.

Input file. GMDCOM.27936 : Process Request <36812974> GMDCOM.27936 : Process Request <36812985> GMDCOM.27936 : Process Request <36812986> GMDCOM.27936 : Process Request <36812987> GMDCOM.27936 : Process Request <36812996> GMDCOM.27936 : Process Request <36812998> GMDCOM.27936 : Process... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghosh_tanmoy
14 Replies

10. Red Hat

Displaying command return in one line

Hello all I have a query (SQL) that returns a rather long field from an Oracle database. The field in question is defined on 400 characters but all these 400 cannot be displayed by the echo command. Thus when I launch the following command: echo "SELECT FIELD01 FROM TABLE_NAME;" | sqlplus -s... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: S. BASU
9 Replies
MONGOCOLLECTION(3)							 1							MONGOCOLLECTION(3)

The MongoCollection class

INTRODUCTION
Represents a MongoDB collection. Collection names can use any character in the ASCII set. Some valid collection names are "", "...", "my collection", and "*&#@". User-defined collection names cannot contain the $ symbol. There are certain system collections which use a $ in their names (e.g., local.oplog.$main), but it is a reserved character. If you attempt to create and use a collection with a $ in the name, MongoDB will assert. CLASS SYNOPSIS
MongoCollection MongoCollection Constants o const int$MongoCollection::ASCENDING1 o const int$MongoCollection::DESCENDING-1 Fields o public MongoDB$db NULL o public integer$w o public integer$wtimeout Methods o public array MongoCollection::aggregate (array $pipeline, [array $options]) o public MongoCommandCursor MongoCollection::aggregateCursor (array $command, [array $options]) o public mixed MongoCollection::batchInsert (array $a, [array $options = array()]) o public MongoCollection::__construct (MongoDB $db, string $name) o public int MongoCollection::count ([array $query = array()], [array $options = array()]) o public array MongoCollection::createDBRef (mixed $document_or_id) o public bool MongoCollection::createIndex (array $keys, [array $options = array()]) o public array MongoCollection::deleteIndex (string|array $keys) o public array MongoCollection::deleteIndexes (void ) o public array MongoCollection::distinct (string $key, [array $query]) o public array MongoCollection::drop (void ) o public bool MongoCollection::ensureIndex (string|array $key|keys, [array $options = array()]) o public MongoCursor MongoCollection::find ([array $query = array()], [array $fields = array()]) o public array MongoCollection::findAndModify (array $query, [array $update], [array $fields], [array $options]) o public array MongoCollection::findOne ([array $query = array()], [array $fields = array()], [array $options = array()]) o public MongoCollection MongoCollection::__get (string $name) o public array MongoCollection::getDBRef (array $ref) o public array MongoCollection::getIndexInfo (void ) o public string MongoCollection::getName (void ) o public array MongoCollection::getReadPreference (void ) o public bool MongoCollection::getSlaveOkay (void ) o public array MongoCollection::getWriteConcern (void ) o public array MongoCollection::group (mixed $keys, array $initial, MongoCode $reduce, [array $options = array()]) o public bool|array MongoCollection::insert (array|object $document, [array $options = array()]) o public array[MongoCommandCursor] MongoCollection::parallelCollectionScan (int $num_cursors) o public bool|array MongoCollection::remove ([array $criteria = array()], [array $options = array()]) o public mixed MongoCollection::save (array|object $document, [array $options = array()]) o public bool MongoCollection::setReadPreference (string $read_preference, [array $tags]) o public bool MongoCollection::setSlaveOkay ([bool $ok = true]) o public bool MongoCollection::setWriteConcern (mixed $w, [int $wtimeout]) o static protected string MongoCollection::toIndexString (mixed $keys) o public string MongoCollection::__toString (void ) o public bool|array MongoCollection::update (array $criteria, array $new_object, [array $options = array()]) o public array MongoCollection::validate FALSE ([bool $scan_data]) PREDEFINED CONSTANTS
o MongoCollection::ASCENDING - 1 - Ascending direction for sorts and index creation. o MongoCollection::DESCENDING - -1 - Descending direction for sorts and index creation. FIELDS
o $db - The "parent" database for this collection. o $w - The number of servers to replicate a change to before returning success. Value is inherited from the parent database. The Mon- goDB class has a more detailed description of how w works. o $wtimeout - The number of milliseconds to wait for $this->w replications to take place. Value is inherited from the parent database. The MongoDB class has a more detailed description of how wtimeout works. SEE ALSO
MongoDB core docs on collections. PHP Documentation Group MONGOCOLLECTION(3)