Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A terrific quote:
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? A terrific quote: Post 303042451 by wisecracker on Wednesday 25th of December 2019 11:50:12 AM
Old 12-25-2019
A terrific quote:

Food for thought!

"""
Everybody in this country should learn to program a computer...because it teaches you how to think.
"""
Steve Jobs.

So, SO, true!

Merry XMAS all...
These 3 Users Gave Thanks to wisecracker For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing Data between first quote and next quote

I have input file like RDBMS FALIURE UTY8703 'USER_WORK.TEST' .HIghest return code '12' I want to parse data which comed between first quote till next quote USER_WORK.TEST can you please suggest how to do that (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scorp_rahul23
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

double-quote inside double-quote

hey all, i made a simple .sh like this: echo "<style media="screen" type="text/css">@import url("main.css");</style>" but the output is: <style media=screen type=text/css>@import url(main.css);</style> i want to keep double-quotes, can anyone help me? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indraf
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quote and variable

The command line bellow works fine by itself. /opt/csw/bin/rsync -azq --delete -e "ssh -i /.ssh/ss" /home/ me@myaccount.storage.com:/home/ Now I would like to introduce some variable into it and make a .sh file such as bellow and it does not work anymore. I guess the part -e "ssh -i /.ssh/ss" has... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngungo
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex in grep to match all lines ending with a double quote (") OR a single quote (')

Hi, I've been trying to write a regex to use in egrep (in a shell script) that'll fetch the names of all the files that match a particular pattern. I expect to match the following line in a file: Name = "abc" The regex I'm using to match the same is: egrep -l '(^) *= *" ** *"$' /PATH_TO_SEARCH... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NanJ
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing a quote in some lines with multiple quote fields

i want to replace mistaken quotes in line starting with tag 300 and relocate the quote in the correct position so the input is 223;25 224;20100428064823;1;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;8;1;3;9697;18744;;;;;;;;;;;; 300;X;Event:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wradwan
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

quote problem

Hi Everyone hwo are you i have one file "abc.txt" which contains record like this "1","2","3" "3","4","5" now i want to change above 2 to 5 so i write the code as awk ' BEGIN{FS=","} { if(NR==1) { print $1",5","$3 } else { print $0 } ' abc.txt but the outpute is "1",5,"3"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To quote or not

My question is, "Do I not understand, or is my information out of date?" I am trying to just be a student, rtfm'ing. I am working on my work systems. Is it simply that the book was printed in 2002 and a lot has changed since then, or did I miss something? Working in Korn Shell. I have been... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: g.j.huebschman
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing Double Quote in Double Quote incsv file

Hi All , We have source data file as csv file and since data could contain commas ,each attribute is quoted into double quotes.However problem is that some of the attributa data also contain double quotes which is converted to double double quote while creating csv file XLs data : ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shalini Badal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing all but the first and last double quote in a line with a single quote with awk

From: 1,2,3,4,5,This is a test 6,7,8,9,0,"This, is a test" 1,9,2,8,3,"This is a ""test""" 4,7,3,1,8,"""" To: 1,2,3,4,5,This is a test 6,7,8,9,0,"This; is a test" 1,9,2,8,3,"This is a ''test''" 4,7,3,1,8,"''"Is there an easy syntax I'm overlooking? There will always be an odd number... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
5 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

A terrific historical video about UNIX circa 1982 with well known names.

Enjoy folks... AT&T Archives: The UNIX Operating System - YouTube (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies
Class::ISA(3pm) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Class::ISA(3pm)

NAME
Class::ISA - report the search path for a class's ISA tree SYNOPSIS
# Suppose you go: use Food::Fishstick, and that uses and # inherits from other things, which in turn use and inherit # from other things. And suppose, for sake of brevity of # example, that their ISA tree is the same as: @Food::Fishstick::ISA = qw(Food::Fish Life::Fungus Chemicals); @Food::Fish::ISA = qw(Food); @Food::ISA = qw(Matter); @Life::Fungus::ISA = qw(Life); @Chemicals::ISA = qw(Matter); @Life::ISA = qw(Matter); @Matter::ISA = qw(); use Class::ISA; print "Food::Fishstick path is: ", join(", ", Class::ISA::super_path('Food::Fishstick')), " "; That prints: Food::Fishstick path is: Food::Fish, Food, Matter, Life::Fungus, Life, Chemicals DESCRIPTION
Suppose you have a class (like Food::Fish::Fishstick) that is derived, via its @ISA, from one or more superclasses (as Food::Fish::Fishstick is from Food::Fish, Life::Fungus, and Chemicals), and some of those superclasses may themselves each be derived, via its @ISA, from one or more superclasses (as above). When, then, you call a method in that class ($fishstick->calories), Perl first searches there for that method, but if it's not there, it goes searching in its superclasses, and so on, in a depth-first (or maybe "height-first" is the word) search. In the above example, it'd first look in Food::Fish, then Food, then Matter, then Life::Fungus, then Life, then Chemicals. This library, Class::ISA, provides functions that return that list -- the list (in order) of names of classes Perl would search to find a method, with no duplicates. FUNCTIONS
the function Class::ISA::super_path($CLASS) This returns the ordered list of names of classes that Perl would search thru in order to find a method, with no duplicates in the list. $CLASS is not included in the list. UNIVERSAL is not included -- if you need to consider it, add it to the end. the function Class::ISA::self_and_super_path($CLASS) Just like "super_path", except that $CLASS is included as the first element. the function Class::ISA::self_and_super_versions($CLASS) This returns a hash whose keys are $CLASS and its (super-)superclasses, and whose values are the contents of each class's $VERSION (or undef, for classes with no $VERSION). The code for self_and_super_versions is meant to serve as an example for precisely the kind of tasks I anticipate that self_and_super_path and super_path will be used for. You are strongly advised to read the source for self_and_super_versions, and the comments there. CAUTIONARY NOTES
* Class::ISA doesn't export anything. You have to address the functions with a "Class::ISA::" on the front. * Contrary to its name, Class::ISA isn't a class; it's just a package. Strange, isn't it? * Say you have a loop in the ISA tree of the class you're calling one of the Class::ISA functions on: say that Food inherits from Matter, but Matter inherits from Food (for sake of argument). If Perl, while searching for a method, actually discovers this cyclicity, it will throw a fatal error. The functions in Class::ISA effectively ignore this cyclicity; the Class::ISA algorithm is "never go down the same path twice", and cyclicities are just a special case of that. * The Class::ISA functions just look at @ISAs. But theoretically, I suppose, AUTOLOADs could bypass Perl's ISA-based search mechanism and do whatever they please. That would be bad behavior, tho; and I try not to think about that. * If Perl can't find a method anywhere in the ISA tree, it then looks in the magical class UNIVERSAL. This is rarely relevant to the tasks that I expect Class::ISA functions to be put to, but if it matters to you, then instead of this: @supers = Class::Tree::super_path($class); do this: @supers = (Class::Tree::super_path($class), 'UNIVERSAL'); And don't say no-one ever told ya! * When you call them, the Class::ISA functions look at @ISAs anew -- that is, there is no memoization, and so if ISAs change during runtime, you get the current ISA tree's path, not anything memoized. However, changing ISAs at runtime is probably a sign that you're out of your mind! COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (c) 1999-2009 Sean M. Burke. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR
Sean M. Burke "sburke@cpan.org" MAINTAINER
Maintained by Steffen Mueller "smueller@cpan.org". perl v5.10.1 2009-09-29 Class::ISA(3pm)