Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux How do we change the default font on Linux system? Post 303042367 by Neo on Sunday 22nd of December 2019 09:45:47 PM
Old 12-22-2019
Yes, now we are getting somewhere:

Because "DejaVuSans-Bold.ttf" appears first (your default) when you do fc-cat, you need to change your configuration so "StRydeRegular.ttf" is first (your default).

There are numerous ways to accomplish this.

One quick and easy way would be to move your favorite font to a directory which is processed first (and rebuild your font cache, of course).

Other is to edit the order in your config file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hw to change the font of output in perl

Hw to change the font color and size of output in perl (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trupti_rinku
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change the font colour in unix ?

Could you pls tell me how to change the font colour in unix ? What is the syntax ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sars
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Font Color Change Using .profile

Does anyone know how can I change font color, background color etc for a particular user using .profile? Any help is appreciated. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fifo_vs_lifo23
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the font or color of text

Hi Gurus, I have a small requirement where i want to change the color & font of some text in a file. i have a file error.txt which will be created in the script using egrep. After that iam adding these lines at head & tail to that file using the following code awk 'BEGIN{print"Please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pssandeep
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change font in mailx

I am writing sql reports to an oracle database, spooling them to a file and emailing them with mailx. I use the syntax below. The reports do not format properly, unless I use the Courier New font. How do I set this with mailx? mailx -s "MY REPORT, `date +'%D %r` " -r "REPORTING SYSTEM"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl::Gtk2 on Linux --- How to Find the Default Font Being Used?

Hello All, Wasn't sure if this was the correct thread to post this under but figured it has to do with Perl and Gtk2 so why not... Anyway.. How can I find out what the Default font being used is inside a Gtk2::Widget. In this case I'm trying to figure out the font being used inside a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
1 Replies

7. Programming

Change font in Motif

Does anyone know how to change the font size into a larger one, in a basic Motif application? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JenniferKuiper
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change font

how do i change from employee= to employee= in ksh. in my shell script, i just want to employee= to BOLD. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawsongeek
3 Replies

9. Ubuntu

How to change ffmpeg default font size?

Hello, I have a problem with Greek subtitle font size when I map a subtitle file into a video in ffmpeg. I ran below code: ffmpeg -i video.mp4 -sub_charenc CP1253 -i video_sub.srt -c:v copy -c:a copy \ -c:s mov_text -metadata:s:s:0 language=gr mapped_video.mp4 When I play it in VLC,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Send mail with font change

Hi All, I have a file that contains following entries. I want to highlight the line that has word as "FAILURE" while sending the email. File ------------------------------------------------------------ Job Name: ABC Start Time: 07/20/2019 07:32:39 End Time: 07/20/2019... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
4 Replies
PASSMASS(1)						      General Commands Manual						       PASSMASS(1)

NAME
passmass - change password on multiple machines SYNOPSIS
passmass [ host1 host2 host3 ... ] INTRODUCTION
Passmass changes a password on multiple machines. If you have accounts on several machines that do not share password databases, Passmass can help you keep them all in sync. This, in turn, will make it easier to change them more frequently. When Passmass runs, it asks you for the old and new passwords. (If you are changing root passwords and have equivalencing, the old pass- word is not used and may be omitted.) Passmass understands the "usual" conventions. Additional arguments may be used for tuning. They affect all hosts which follow until another argument overrides it. For example, if you are known as "libes" on host1 and host2, but "don" on host3, you would say: passmass host1 host2 -user don host3 Arguments are: -user User whose password will be changed. By default, the current user is used. -rlogin Use rlogin to access host. (default) -slogin Use slogin to access host. -ssh Use ssh to access host. -telnet Use telnet to access host. -program Next argument is a program to run to set the password. Default is "passwd". Other common choices are "yppasswd" and "set passwd" (e.g., VMS hosts). A program name such as "password fred" can be used to create entries for new accounts (when run as root). -prompt Next argument is a prompt suffix pattern. This allows the script to know when the shell is prompting. The default is "# " for root and "% " for non-root accounts. -timeout Next argument is the number of seconds to wait for responses. Default is 30 but some systems can be much slower logging in. -su Next argument is 1 or 0. If 1, you are additionally prompted for a root password which is used to su after logging in. root's password is changed rather than the user's. This is useful for hosts which do not allow root to log in. HOW TO USE
The best way to run Passmass is to put the command in a one-line shell script or alias. Whenever you get a new account on a new machine, add the appropriate arguments to the command. Then run it whenever you want to change your passwords on all the hosts. CAVEATS
Using the same password on multiple hosts carries risks. In particular, if the password can be stolen, then all of your accounts are at risk. Thus, you should not use Passmass in situations where your password is visible, such as across a network which hackers are known to eavesdrop. On the other hand, if you have enough accounts with different passwords, you may end up writing them down somewhere - and that can be a security problem. Funny story: my college roommate had an 11"x13" piece of paper on which he had listed accounts and passwords all across the Internet. This was several years worth of careful work and he carried it with him everywhere he went. Well one day, he forgot to remove it from his jeans, and we found a perfectly blank sheet of paper when we took out the wash the following day! SEE ALSO
"Exploring Expect: A Tcl-Based Toolkit for Automating Interactive Programs" by Don Libes, O'Reilly and Associates, January 1995. AUTHOR
Don Libes, National Institute of Standards and Technology 7 October 1993 PASSMASS(1)