Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help grep multiple ports in a file. Post 303042313 by mohtashims on Saturday 21st of December 2019 03:28:32 AM
Old 12-21-2019
Need help grep multiple ports in a file.

I wish to grep for an entry in a file if it contains and does not start with #, Listen 443 or Listen 9443

Below is what helped me get Listen 443 but how can I tweak the below command to also include Listen 9443 port ?

Note: Listen 8443 or Listen 4438 should fail in the grep.

Code:
grep -i '^Listen.*443$' /tmp/server.xml | grep -v '#'

grep -w helps find exact word.

Can you please suggest ?

Last edited by rbatte1; 12-23-2019 at 10:44 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

vsftpd on multiple ports

I have a ftp server on ssl talking on port 21, i would like to allow another port to acess the same server. I am not sure if its possible or not and if its how can i do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shehzad_m
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep multiple lines from a file

Hi, I would like to ask if there is any method to grep a chuck of lines based on the latest file in a directory. E.g Latest file in the directory: Line 1: 532243 Line 2: 123456 Line 3: 334566 Line 4: 44567545 I wanted to grep all the line after line 2 i.e. Line 3 and line 4 and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwgi32
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep multiple rows from file.

Hi, I have file1 that contains many columns as show the first three below: "At1g29930" 198 2105 "At5g46430" 5569 9576 "At1g64740" 1908 2505 "At5g46430" 6717 11317 "At1g64740" 453 655 "At1g12470" 33 18 "At1g80680" 149 262 "At1g23040" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep command to find multiple strings in multiple lines in a file.

I want to search files (basically .cc files) in /xx folder and subfolders. Those files (*.cc files) must contain #include "header.h" AND x() function. I am writing it another way to make it clear, I wanna list of *.cc files that have 'header.h' & 'x()'. They must have two strings, header.h... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritikaSharma
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep and replace multiple strings in a file with multiple filenames in a file

Hi, I have a file containing list of strings like i: Pink Yellow Green and I have file having list of file names in a directory j : a b c d Where j contains of a ,b,c,d are as follows a: Pink (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madabhg
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep from multiple patterns multiple file multiple output

Hi, I want to grep multiple patterns from multiple files and save to multiple outputs. As of now its outputting all to the same file when I use this command. Input : 108 files to check for 390 patterns to check for. output I need to 108 files with the searched patterns. Xargs -I {} grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep multiple strings in a file

Consider i have the below data in my log file. i want to grep using "Monday" and "Working" So the only output i expect is Can you help me with the grep query for Sun Sparc ? Usage: grep -hblcnsviw pattern file . . . (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep multiple keywords from a file

I have a script that will search for a keyword in all the log files. It work just fine. LOG_FILES={ "/Sandbox/logs/*" } for file in ${LOG_FILES}; do grep $1 $file done This only works for 1 keyword. What if I want to search for more then 1 keywords, say 4 or maybe even... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Loc
10 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 ssh on machine with multiple Ethernet ports

I have a server with 6 Ethernet ports. 4 are the the motherboard based 1 GBE ports and 2 are 10 GBE ports on NICs. I have set these all up with static IP addresses and use the standard /etc/nsswitch.files. My IP addresses are net0 192.168.1.82 net1 192.168.2.82 and so on till net5... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashlaw
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet of multiple server and ports

Hi, I do a telnet to a single server using command :telnet tibserver001 9640 The output i get is : Trying 10.19.... Connected to tibserver001 However i need to put all the servers in a single file and get the output to see if the server is connected or not. #! /bin/bash telnet... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samrat dutta
3 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)