Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Crash dump and Panic message : RSCT Dead Man Switch Timeout for HACMP; halting non-responsive node Post 303042285 by rbatte1 on Friday 20th of December 2019 06:36:11 AM
Old 12-20-2019
Could this be that whatever is supplying the common disk used to keep heartbeat failed? That way, both nodes would be unable to keep updating the shared disk and the usual response is to terminate all services to avoid getting in the way, i.e. to panic/abort. We've had a Oracle RAC database cluster do this before. not pretty, but it is the best course of action to avoid damage.

Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump?

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aileen
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

crash dump

hi friends, i know that when there is a crash then that memory image is put into /var/adm/crash but if the system hangs up and if i have access to console of that machine then how can i take the crash dump manully. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mxms755
2 Replies

3. Solaris

crash dump

Can anyone of you help me in enabling crash dump on Solaris 5.5.1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csreenivas
1 Replies

4. AIX

Node Switch Reasons in HACMP

Hi Guys, I have two nodes clustered. Each node is AIX 5.2 & they are clustered with HACMP 5.2. The mode of the cluster is Active/Passive which mean one node is the Active node & have all resource groups on it & the 2nd node is standby. Last Monday I noted that all resource groupes have been... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
2 Replies

5. Solaris

crash dump

hi , i have machine that is crashed how i can enable core dump file & how can i find it ? :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lid-j-one
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux heartbeat on redhat 4:node dead

Hi. I have started heartbeat on two redhat servers. Using eth0. Before I start heartbeat I can ping the two server to each other. Once I start heartbeat both the server become active as they both have warnings that the other node is dead. Also I am not able to ping each other. After stopping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amrita garg
1 Replies

7. AIX

hacmp in a 7 node configuration ?

Hi Guys, I have to design a multinode hacmp cluster and am not sure if the design I am thinking of makes any sense. I have to make an environment that currently resides on 5 nodes more resilient but I have the constrain of only having 4 frames. In addition the business doesnt want to pay for... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
7 Replies

8. AIX

HACMP switch over

Hi I had an active passive cluster. Node A went down and all resource groups moved to Node B. Now we brought up Node A. What is the procedure to bring everything back to Node A. Node A #lssrc -a | grep cl clcomdES clcomdES 323782 active clstrmgrES cluster... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
9 Replies

9. HP-UX

Prevent crash dump when SG cluster node reboots

Hi Experts, I have configured HP-UX Service Guard cluster and it dumps crash every time i reboot a cluster node. Can anyone please help me to prevent these unnecessary crash dumps at the time of rebooting SG cluster node? Thanks in advance. Vaishey (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaishey
2 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

MacOS 10.15.2 Catalina display crash and system panic

MacPro (2013) 12-Core, 64GB RAM (today's crash): panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff7f8b333ad5): userspace watchdog timeout: no successful checkins from com.apple.WindowServer in 120 seconds service: com.apple.logd, total successful checkins since load (318824 seconds ago): 31883, last successful... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
o2cb_ctl(8)							OCFS2 Manual Pages						       o2cb_ctl(8)

NAME
o2cb_ctl - Control program for the O2CB cluster service. SYNOPSIS
o2cb_ctl -C -n object -t type [-i] [-a attribute ] o2cb_ctl -D -n object [-u] o2cb_ctl -I [-o-z] -l manager> [-n object>] [-t type] [-a attribute] o2cb_ctl -H [-n object] [-t type>] [-a attribute>] o2cb_ctl -h o2cb_ctl -V DESCRIPTION
o2cb_ctl is the control program for the O2CB cluster service. Users are not advised to use this program directly but instead use the O2CB init service and/or ocfs2console. OPTIONS
-C Create an object in the OCFS2 Cluster Configuration. -D Delete an object from the existing OCFS2 Cluster Configuration. -I Print information about the OCFS2 Cluster Configuration. -H Change an object or objects in the existing OCFS2 Cluster Configuration. -h Displays help and exit. -V Print version and exit. OTHER OPTIONS
-a <attribute> With -C, <attribute> is in format "parameter=value", where the parameter is a valid parameter that can be set in the file /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf. With -I, <attribute> may be "parameter", indicating an attribute to be listed in the output, or it may be "parameter==value", indicating that only objects matching "parameter=value" are to be displayed. -i Valid only with -C. When creating something (node or cluster), it will also install it in the live cluster. If the parameter is not specified, then only update the /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf. -n object object is usually the node name or cluster name. In the /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf file, it would be the value of the name parameter for any of the sections (cluster or node). -o Valid only with -I. Using this parameter, if one asks o2cb_ctl to list all nodes, it will output it in a format suitable for shell parsing. -t type type can be cluster, node or heartbeat. -u Valid only with -D. When deleting something (node or cluster), it will also remove it from the live cluster. If the parameter is not specified, then only update the /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf. -z Valid only with -I. This is the default. If one asks o2cb_ctl to list all nodes, it will give a verbose listing. EXAMPLES
Add node5 to an offline cluster: $ o2cb_ctl -C -n node5 -t node -a number=5 -a ip_address=192.168.0.5 -a ip_port=7777 -a cluster=mycluster Add node10 to an online cluster: $ o2cb_ctl -C -i -n node10 -t node -a number=10 -a ip_address=192.168.1.10 -a ip_port=7777 -a cluster=mycluster Note the -i argument. Query the IP address of node5: $ o2cb_ctl -I -n node5 -a ip_address Change the IP address of node5: $ o2cb_ctl -H -n node5 -a ip_address=192.168.1.5 SEE ALSO
mkfs.ocfs2(8) fsck.ocfs2(8) tunefs.ocfs2(8) mounted.ocfs2(8) ocfs2console(8) o2cb(7) AUTHORS
Oracle Corporation COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004, 2010 Oracle. All rights reserved. Version 1.6.4 September 2010 o2cb_ctl(8)