Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sharing a physical disk with an LDOM Post 303042254 by Michele31416 on Thursday 19th of December 2019 05:17:31 PM
Old 12-19-2019
OK, I'm glad I asked then. So I have to mount the /bkpool disk in the LDOM as an NFS share? Can you give me a pointer on how to do that? Is this what Oracle calls "virtual disk multipathing"? There's an example of that further down in the link in the OP but I'm not quite sure how to do it. Also, do I first need to undo the add-vdsdev and add-vdisk commands I gave earlier? I don't want to mess up my disk.

UPDATE

Well as usual the Oracle documentation was overly complex and ambiguous. I figured it out, thanks to the suggestion above:

On the host, assuming the IP of the LDOM at 192.168.0.78, do:
Code:
root@hemlock:/# share -F nfs -o rw,root=192.168.0.78 /bkpool/

Then in the LDOM (with the IP of the host hemlock at 192.168.0.183), do:
Code:
# cd /
# mkdir bkpool
# mount -F nfs -o vers=3 192.168.0.183:/bkpool /bkpool

The LDOM now has a mountpoint named /bkpool containing everything on the host's /bkpool disk. The host and the LDOM can both read and write the disk. No rebooting anywhere required. Easy! :-)

Last edited by Michele31416; 12-19-2019 at 09:13 PM..
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Michele31416 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

physical volume and physical disk.

Hello, I need explanations about physical disks and physical volumes. What is the difference between these 2 things? In fact, i am trying to understand what the AIX lspv2command does. Thank you in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VeroL
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

determine the physical size of the hard disk

Hi is there a cmd in hpux 11 to determine the physical size of the hard disk. not bdf command. i have searched the other threads here but cant find an answer. thank you guys (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoffies
4 Replies

3. Solaris

List all resources on physical host LDOM server

Hello, I have a SUN T5240 running Solaris 10 with Logical Domain Manager (v 1.0.3). You can use the "ldm" command to display current resources on the box. Is there away to display all the "physical resources" on the box(i.e.,used and unused). For example, "ldm ls" will tell me what the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephanpitts
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Sharing a local disk between to solaris machines

Hi, I recently added a disk on a solaris 9 and I wanted to make it accessible for another machine, using the same name here is what i did : On the machine holding the internal disk in vfstab i added the line /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s4 /dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s4 /SHARED2 ufs 2 yes ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zionassedo
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Installing Solaris OS on LDOM SAN Disk

I have viewed a few previous posts regarding this, but none of them quite described or worked with my issue. I am out of local disk space on my LDOM Manager but still have plenty of SAN vCPU and Memory available so I am trying to install a new LDOM OS on SAN. I have exposed the SAN to the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MobileGSP
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Sharing SAN disk with multiple severs

Hi , I had a requirement to share a san disk between two rhel severs. I am planning to discover the same disk in two rhel nodes and mount it. Is it a feasible solution? and what kind of issues we may encounter mounting same disk in two OS's parallel ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanduri
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Disk expansion on LDOM Guest

Hi, There is LDOM Guest where I need to expand /u02 file systems on it. It is residing on a Solaris 11 Hypervisor (Primary Domain). The storage is expanded on vdisk presented to Hypervisor. I need steps to expand the /u02 on LDOM Guest. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidya_sagar2003
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Exporting physical disk to ldom or ZFS volume

Generally, this is what we do:- On primary, export 2 LUNs (add-vdsdev). On primary, assign these disks to the ldom in question (add-vdisk). On ldom, created mirrored zpool from these two disks. On one server (which is older) we have:- On primary, create mirrored zpool from the two LUNs.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Disk alignment inside of an LDOM

Hi! Quick background for the question... I have Solaris 11.4 control/primary zone with some LDOM's on top of it. I have some raw iSCSI LUN's presented to the control zone/primary zone from a NetApp, which I then pass up to the LDOM's via the VDS/vdisk. So basically the LDOM VM's see the disk as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rtmg
1 Replies
HV_KVP_DAEMON(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					  HV_KVP_DAEMON(8)

NAME
hv_kvp_daemon -- Hyper-V Key Value Pair Daemon SYNOPSIS
hv_kvp_daemon [-dn] DESCRIPTION
The hv_kvp_daemon daemon provides the ability to store, retrieve, modify and delete Key Value pairs for FreeBSD guest partitions running on Hyper-V. Hyper-V allows administrators to store custom metadata in the form of Key Value pairs inside the FreeBSD guest partition. Administrators can use Windows Powershell scripts to add, read, modify and delete such Key Value pairs. The hv_kvp_daemon accepts Key Value pair management requests from the hv_utils(4) driver and performs the actual metadata management on the file-system. The same daemon and driver combination is also used to set and get IP addresses from a FreeBSD guest. The set functionality is particularly useful when the FreeBSD guest is assigned a static IP address and is failed over from one Hyper-V host to another. After failover, Hyper-V uses the set IP functionality to automatically update the FreeBSD guest's IP address to its original static value. On the other hand, the get IP functionality is used to update the guest IP address in the Hyper-V management console window. The options are as follows: -d Run as regular process instead of a daemon for debugging purpose. -n Generate debugging output. SEE ALSO
hv_vmbus(4), hv_utils(4), hv_netvsc(4), hv_storvsc(4), hv_ata_pci_disengage(4), hv_kvp(4) HISTORY
Support for Hyper-V in the form of ports was first released in September 2013. The daemon was developed through a joint effort between Cit- rix Inc., Microsoft Corp. and Network Appliance Inc.. AUTHORS
FreeBSD support for hv_kvp_daemon was first added by Microsoft BSD Integration Services Team <bsdic@microsoft.com>. BSD
October 27, 2014 BSD