Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sharing a physical disk with an LDOM Post 303042252 by Chubler_XL on Thursday 19th of December 2019 03:58:54 PM
Old 12-19-2019
Discussion moved to Solaris area, you will find more people with the Solaris specific knowledge to answer this question here.
This User Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

physical volume and physical disk.

Hello, I need explanations about physical disks and physical volumes. What is the difference between these 2 things? In fact, i am trying to understand what the AIX lspv2command does. Thank you in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VeroL
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

determine the physical size of the hard disk

Hi is there a cmd in hpux 11 to determine the physical size of the hard disk. not bdf command. i have searched the other threads here but cant find an answer. thank you guys (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoffies
4 Replies

3. Solaris

List all resources on physical host LDOM server

Hello, I have a SUN T5240 running Solaris 10 with Logical Domain Manager (v 1.0.3). You can use the "ldm" command to display current resources on the box. Is there away to display all the "physical resources" on the box(i.e.,used and unused). For example, "ldm ls" will tell me what the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephanpitts
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Sharing a local disk between to solaris machines

Hi, I recently added a disk on a solaris 9 and I wanted to make it accessible for another machine, using the same name here is what i did : On the machine holding the internal disk in vfstab i added the line /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s4 /dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s4 /SHARED2 ufs 2 yes ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zionassedo
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Installing Solaris OS on LDOM SAN Disk

I have viewed a few previous posts regarding this, but none of them quite described or worked with my issue. I am out of local disk space on my LDOM Manager but still have plenty of SAN vCPU and Memory available so I am trying to install a new LDOM OS on SAN. I have exposed the SAN to the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MobileGSP
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Sharing SAN disk with multiple severs

Hi , I had a requirement to share a san disk between two rhel severs. I am planning to discover the same disk in two rhel nodes and mount it. Is it a feasible solution? and what kind of issues we may encounter mounting same disk in two OS's parallel ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanduri
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Disk expansion on LDOM Guest

Hi, There is LDOM Guest where I need to expand /u02 file systems on it. It is residing on a Solaris 11 Hypervisor (Primary Domain). The storage is expanded on vdisk presented to Hypervisor. I need steps to expand the /u02 on LDOM Guest. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidya_sagar2003
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Exporting physical disk to ldom or ZFS volume

Generally, this is what we do:- On primary, export 2 LUNs (add-vdsdev). On primary, assign these disks to the ldom in question (add-vdisk). On ldom, created mirrored zpool from these two disks. On one server (which is older) we have:- On primary, create mirrored zpool from the two LUNs.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Disk alignment inside of an LDOM

Hi! Quick background for the question... I have Solaris 11.4 control/primary zone with some LDOM's on top of it. I have some raw iSCSI LUN's presented to the control zone/primary zone from a NetApp, which I then pass up to the LDOM's via the VDS/vdisk. So basically the LDOM VM's see the disk as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rtmg
1 Replies
virt-clone(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    virt-clone(1M)

NAME
virt-clone - clone virtual machine images SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/virt-clone [option] DESCRIPTION
The virt-clone utility is a command line tool for cloning existing virtual machine images. virt-clone copies disk images of an existing virtual machine and defines a new guest with an identical virtual hardware configuration. Elements that require uniqueness are updated to avoid a clash between old and new guests. With appropriate command-line arguments, virt-clone can run completely unattended, with the guest automatically starting itself as well. This allows for easy automation of guest installs. If you do not specify options to virt-clone, the command runs interactively, prompting for input as required. To run virt-clone, you must become superuser or assume the Primary Administrator role. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --connect=URI Connect to the hypervisor at URI. -d, --debug Display debugging information when running the install process. -f disk_image, --file=disk_image Path to the file, disk partition, or logical volume to use as the backing store for the guest's virtual disk. If the original guest has multiple disks, this parameter must be repeated multiple times, once per disk in the original virtual machine. -h, --help Display the help message and exit. -m mac_addr, --mac=mac_addr Fixed MAC address for the guest. If the keyword random is specified, a random address will be used. -n name, --name=name Name of the new guest virtual machine instance. This must be unique among all guests known to the hypervisor on this machine, including those not currently active. To redefine an existing guest, use the virsh(1M) tool to shut it down and delete it prior to running virt- clone. This parameter will be prompted for if omitted on the command line. -o original_guest, -original=original_guest Name or UUID for the original guest to be cloned. This guest must be shut down since it is not possible to safely clone active guests. -u UUID, -uuid=UUID UUID for the guest; if none is specified, a random UUID is generated. If you specify UUID, use a 32-digit hexadecimal number. Keep in mind that UUIDs are intended to be unique across the entire data center, and indeed, the world. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Cloning a Guest with a Single Disk The following command clones a guest named demo, which has a single disk to copy. # virt-clone --original demo --name newdemo --file /var/lib/xen/images/newdemo.img Example 2 Cloning a Guest with Multiple Disks The following command clones a guest named demo, with has multiple disks to copy. # virt-clone --original demo --name newdemo --file /var/lib/xen/images/newdemo.img --file /var/lib/xen/images/newdata.img Example 3 Cloning to a Device with Comparable Disk Space The following command clones a guest to a physical device that has at least as much disk space as had the original guest. . If the destina- tion device is has more space, the new guest can do a file system resize when it boots. # virt-clone --name demo --file /dev/HostVG/DemoVM --mac 00:16:3e:34:11:54 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWxvmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
virsh(1M), virt-install(1M), xm(1M), xVM(5), attributes(5), xVM(5) SunOS 5.11 23 Jun 2008 virt-clone(1M)