Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Shell script to execute Oracle procedure and trigerring email on success and failure Post 303042242 by senmng on Thursday 19th of December 2019 12:45:17 PM
Old 12-19-2019
I tried with the same code by giving the exact path for funct.sh. Now that error not found [No such file or directory got rectified but it's not connecting with Oracle and not executing the proc. Moreover am getting email message that No Duplicate records Found: though the result of this query fetches 800 records.
Code:
select count(*) INTO v_count from (select col1,col2,count(col3) from Tab1 group by col1,col2 having count(col3)>1);

Also I tried with other version of code with your suggested changes and got the error message like this
Code:
Usage: CONN[ECT] [{logon|/|proxy} [AS {SYSDBA|SYSOPER|SYSASM}] [edition=value]]
where <logon> ::= <username>[/<password>][@<connect_identifier>]
      <proxy> ::= <proxyuser>[<username>][/<password>][@<connect_identifier>]
SP2-0157: unable to CONNECT to ORACLE after 3 attempts, exiting SQL*Plus'.log: cannot create [No such file or directory]

Last edited by rbatte1; 12-20-2019 at 09:05 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute an Oracle stored procedure from a shell scrip

Here is a snippet of my code: if then echo "\n Deleting all reports older than 24 hours. \n" >> $logfile ls -l $FileName >> $logfile ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mh53j_fe
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

run shell script from oracle store procedure

hi, this is urgent..can i run a shell script from store procedure without using java. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arnabb4u
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling an Oracle Stored Procedure from Unix shell script

hai, can anybody say how to call or to execute an oracle stored procedure in oracle from unix... thanks in advance.... for ur reply.... by, leo (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leojhose
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute an Oracle procedure using shell

Hi , i have created an .sh file that has the following code: #!/bin/ksh sqlplus -s p1istuat/p1istuat@CWS_IST6 @Procedure_Execute.sql & sqlplus -s p1istuat/p1istuat@CWS_IST6 << EOF exit EOF The mentioned Procedure_Execute.sql file inside has the following code: exec TEST; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vins_san
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoking Oracle stored procedure in unix shell script

Here's a shell script snippet..... cd $ORACLE_HOME/bin Retval=`sqlplus -s <<eof $TPDB_USER/april@$TPD_DBCONN whenever SQLERROR exit 2 rollback whenever OSERROR exit 3 rollback set serveroutput on set pages 999 var status_desc char(200) var status_code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hidnana
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for call a procedure in Oracle DB

Hi everyone! I'm new with Shell Scripting, and I have to do a shell script to call a procedure, which have 2 input parameters, the directory(from server) and the txt file (which have informations to update/insert in DB). I have to create a shell script to execute that procedure for each txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: renatoal
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute the stored procedure from shell script

How to execute the stored procedure from shell script and is there any possibility to print the dbms output in a log file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshmurs
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a shell script from Oracle procedure

Hi Gurus, Want to execute a shell script from a oracle procedure and get the status of the same, any assistance in this regard will be appreciated. proc_data.sh is script name which I want to execute from oracle procedure It should work something like below procedure test begin... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: palanisvr
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why i can't execute the procedure in shell script?

i have the following code inside a shell script .prog in oracle server when i call the program DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(x_return_status|| ln_rep_req_id); will return 0 , it is very strange , i try to submit the concurrent request in oracle , and it can successfully executed, what am i missing ? i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: feilhk
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute Oracle gather stats via shell script

Hi , I am trying to automate a gather stats in shell script #!/usr/bin/ksh export ORACLE_HOME=/orcl/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.1/db_1 export PATH="$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin" export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/lib32" export TNS_ADMIN=/opt/netprobe/config... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neil.k
1 Replies
LaTeX::Encode(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					LaTeX::Encode(3pm)

NAME
LaTeX::Encode - encode characters for LaTeX formatting SYNOPSIS
use LaTeX::Encode; $latex = latex_encode($text, %options); VERSION
This manual page describes version 0.03 of the "LaTeX::Encode" module. DESCRIPTION
This module provides a function to encode text that is to be formatted with LaTeX. It encodes characters that are special to LaTeX or that are represented in LaTeX by LaTeX commands. The special characters are: "" (command character), "{" (open group), "}" (end group), "&" (table column separator), "#" (parameter specifier), "%" (comment character), "_" (subscript), "^" (superscript), "~" (non-breakable space), "$" (mathematics mode). Note that some of the LaTeX commands for characters are defined in the LaTeX "textcomp" package. If your text includes such characters, you will need to include the following lines in the preamble to your LaTeX document. usepackage[T1]{fontenc} usepackage{textcomp} The function is useful for encoding data that is interpolated into LaTeX document templates, say with "Template::Plugin::Latex" (shameless plug!). SUBROUTINES
/METHODS "latex_encode($text, %options)" Encodes the specified text such that it is suitable for processing with LaTeX. The behaviour of the filter is modified by the options: "except" Lists the characters that should be excluded from encoding. By default no special characters are excluded, but it may be useful to specify "except = "\{}"" to allow the input string to contain LaTeX commands such as "this is \textbf{bold} text" (the doubled backslashes in the strings represent Perl escapes, and will be evaluated to single backslashes). "iquotes" If true then single or double quotes around words will be changed to LaTeX single or double quotes; double quotes around a phrase will be converted to "``" and "''" and single quotes to "`" and "'". This is sometimes called "intelligent quotes" "use_textcomp" By default the "latex_encode" filter will encode characters with the encodings provided by the "textcomp" LaTeX package (for example the Pounds Sterling symbol is encoded as "\textsterling{}"). Setting "use_textcomp = 0" turns off these encodings. NOT YET IMPLEMENTED EXAMPLES
The following snippet shows how data from a database can be encoded and inserted into a LaTeX table, the source of which is generated with "LaTeX::Table". my $sth = $dbh->prepare('select col1, col2, col3 from table where $expr'); $sth->execute; while (my $href = $sth->fetchrow_hashref) { my @row; foreach my $col (qw(col1 col2 col3)) { push(@row, latex_encode($href->{$col})); } push @data, @row; } my $headings = [ [ 'Col1', 'Col2', 'Col3' ] ]; my $table = LaTeX::Table->new( { caption => 'My caption', label => 'table:caption', type => 'xtab', header => $header, data => @data } ); my $table_text = $table->generate_string; Now $table_text can be interpolated into a LaTeX document template. DIAGNOSTICS
None. You could probably break the "latex_encode" function by passing it an array reference as the options, but there are no checks for that. CONFIGURATION AND ENVIRONMENT
Not applicable. DEPENDENCIES
The "HTML::Entities" and "Pod::LaTeX" modules were used for building the encoding table in "LaTeX::Encode::EncodingTable", but this is not rebuilt at installation time. The "LaTeX::Driver" module is used for formatting the character encodings reference document. INCOMPATIBILITIES
None known. BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
Not all LaTeX special characters are included in the encoding tables (more may be added when I track down the definitions). The "use_textcomp" option is not implemented. AUTHOR
Andrew Ford <a.ford@ford-mason.co.uk> LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007 Andrew Ford. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. This software is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
Template::Plugin::Latex perl v5.10.0 2007-10-02 LaTeX::Encode(3pm)