Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Very Basic Arduino Uno Board Testing Post 303042240 by hicksd8 on Thursday 19th of December 2019 12:26:54 PM
Old 12-19-2019
FWIW, the WS2812b LED strip 3 connections are:

5V line to 5V on Arduino
GND line to GND on Arduino
Signal line (LED control) to configured output pin on Arduino via a 100 Ohm resistor.

That's all.

Some web pages talk of a 1000uF capacitor but I didn't need to use one. Everything just worked fine. Of course, your LED strip may be different.

Last edited by hicksd8; 12-19-2019 at 01:46 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to hicksd8 For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use The Terminal To Test Arduino Is Working.

Hi all... (Apologies for any typos at all.) This is a step by step _script_ to check if your Arduino is talking to your Linux or Macbook Pro computer using the Terminal... It works on at least 3 Linux flavours and now the Macbook Pro... I hope you find it useful as a simple check for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Arduino Diecimila Board Access...

This is a very simple starter DEMO to access Arduino Diecimila Board for the Macbook Pro 13" OSX 10.7.5... A potentiometer is connected between 5V and Gnd with the wiper connected to ANALOG IN 0 on the Arduino. This was adjusted to give the Ms and Ls as seen... I now have DC in for this... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Semi-Automatic Arduino Detection.

I am working on a semi-auto detection idea for Arduino for the Scope project. It does require a little user intervention but minimal. It works by just responding to two on screen prompts to unplug and plug Arduino into a USB port. There are two versions and both work perfectly well and give... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

4. Programming

Arduino-cli - Uploading to Unknown Chinese Arduino Boards using the Arduino Command Line Interface

In my further exploration of Arduino, today I decided to install the arduino-cli on my mac today. https://github.com/arduino/arduino-cli I followed the instructions for macOS but when I got to this part: arduino-cli board list I got the dreaded "Unknown" Fully Qualified Board Name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

5. Programming

More Arduino Stuff...

HI all... (Apologies for any typos.) To add to Neo's Arduino subject matter I have decided to upload this in ".zip" format. Ignore "*.info" files these are AMIGA icons only and also the "HAM" drawer as these are photos in ancient AMIGA HAM modes. I have noticed that there are current... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

6. Programming

Chinese Arduino UNO Clones - The Wavgat versus the generic UNO R3 Clone - The Winner Is?

Waiting for more fun Ardunio parts from AliExpress, I decided to test two cheap Chinese Arduino UNO clones. The Arduino UNO R3 (CH340G) MEGA328P The Wavgat UNO R3 (CH340G) MEGA328P Both of these Chinese Ardunio clones sell for about $3 USD, delivered to your door. The bottom line is... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

7. Programming

Arduino UNIX Time - Syncing Computer UNIX Time to Arduino Time with Python

Just finished a quick Python script to send the current unix time over to the Arduino from macOS, so in the absence of GPS or some other way to get the unix timestamp (epoch time) to the Arduino, I can get my macOS and Arduino UNO synced to within a second. Normally, when the Arduino starts... (9 Replies)
9 Replies

8. Programming

Basic Arduino UNO Bluetooth Testing with the BLE 4.0 (CC2541, MLT-BT04 IC)

Here is a sketch to do basic testing for the Arduino UNO and the MLT-BT04. This BLE module works with IOS (iPhone) and I'll add some details on my IOS testing with an iPhone in a follow-up post. For now, here is the basic BLE (HM-10) sketch for the Arduino UNO: /* Arduino test-code... (7 Replies)
7 Replies
ISV(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    ISV(4)

NAME
isv -- IDEC Supervision/16 image capture board SYNOPSIS
isv0 at isa? port 0x2f0 isv0 at isa? port 0x2e0 isv0 at isa? port 0x3f0 isv0 at isa? port 0x3e0 DESCRIPTION
isv is a driver for the IDEC Supervision/16, an image capture board that plugs into a 16-bit ISA bus. The IDEC Supervision/16 digitizes an NTSC television signal, storing a 512 x 480-pixel, 8-bit grayscale image in its 256kB dynamic RAM array every 1/30th of a second. The host reads frames from the DRAM using 122881 16-bit I/O reads. Reading frames from the Supervision/16 is quite slow: after the host reads a 16-bit word from the DRAM, the Supervision/16 state machine takes approximately 0.5 microseconds to get ready for the next read. Theoreti- cally, a frame rate of approximately 10 frames per second is possible. isv achieves a frame rate of approximately 6 frames per second. SEE ALSO
Programming the Supervision/16 Image Capture Board, IDEC, circa 1991. HISTORY
The isv device first appeared in NetBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
The isv driver was written by David Young <dyoung@NetBSD.org>. BUGS
Synchronizing with the hardware and reading frames from it is very CPU-intensive. isv will not detect the capture board if it is not attached to an active video source. To force NetBSD to detect the capture board at any time, re-scan the ISA bus using, e.g., drvctl -r isa0. BSD
April 1, 2008 BSD