Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers UNIX shell script for matrix insertion into a file Post 303042124 by TNT47 on Sunday 15th of December 2019 11:21:36 PM
Old 12-16-2019
UNIX shell script for matrix insertion into a file

I have a script which is extracting data from a database in an excel file in below given format,
Code:
date_time calling_app1 count of requests
date            calling_app x        34
date            calling_app y       1034

I want to write a script which will write data into a file like this
Code:
date_time calling_appx calling_appy ...calling_appn 
date            34                    1034

and respective count will come below the specific columns or headers, I tried grep and paste and awk and lot of other combinations, But it did not work.

Please guide,

Thanks,
TNT47

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix file operations(shell script)

Hi, I want to compare two files. Files will look like as follows: file1: ASDFGHJU|1234567890123456 QWERTYUI|3456789098900890 file2: ZXCVBVNM|0987654321234567 POLKIJUYH|1234789060985478 output file should be: ASDFGHJU|1234567890123456 QWERTYUI|3456789098900890 Thnaks in advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivas
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to draw table/matrix using shell script?

Hi all, I need to create a matrix of variable rows and columns. Right now i have 3 rows and two columns and following values. Output something like TypeA TypeB TestCase1 Pass Fail TestCase2 Pass ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

(Urgent):Creating flat file using sql script and sqlplus from UNIX Shell Script

Hi, I need help urgently for following issue. Pls help me to resolve this issue. I am calling sql script file(file1.sql) from UNIX Shell Script(script1.ksh) using sql plus and trying to create flat file that contains all records returned from SQL query in SQL script(file1.sql) I given... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

insertion of text from sed script

Hi , This is my first thread ; facing some issues withmy sed script I need to insert the code from my log file which is between two keywords. content is like this ........ log ############################ log1 log2 231 "Ban" "tom" and the line one of the cross line friend... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shalini_008
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insertion in a file

Hi All, I want to insert a line just befor the lst line in a file. please can anyone advise. Cheers, Shazin (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shazin
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute unix shell script to text file using the script

Hi all, I am beginner in UNIX...I want to use unix shell script to create text.file...I know how to use using by command...can anybody tell me for the script? Thanks i changed the threads title from "tex file" to "text file", because "tex" would probably be misunderstood as reference to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastercar
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK script problem insertion of code

Hi , I am having two files like this FILE1 #################### input SI_TESTONLY_R_00; input CE0_SE_INPUT_TESTONLY; input CE0_TCLK_TESTONLY; input SI_JTGCLOCKDR_JTAG_R_00; input CE0_TCLK_JTGCLOCKDR_JTAG; input CE0_SE_INPUT_JTGCLOCKDR_JTAG; output SO_TESTONLY_R_00; output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaita
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Shell script to work with .xml file

Hi Team, Could you please help me on below query: I want to retrieve XML elements from one .xml file. This .xml file has commented tags as well. so i am planning to write Unix command/script which 1.will chekc for this .xml file 2. it will ignore the commented XML lines. i.e. XML tags between... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: waiting4u
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX shell script to search a string in a file

Hi folks, I am new for shell script, I hope somebody to help me to write shell script My requirement is below steps 1. I have apache access.log i.e located in /var/log/httpd/ Ex. 127.0.0.1 - - "GET... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chenchireddy
14 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to Split matrix file with delimiter into multiple files

I have a large semicolon delimited file with thousands of columns and many thousands of line. It looks like: ID1;ID2;ID3;ID4;A_1;B_1;C_1;A_2;B_2;C_2;A_3;B_3;C_3 AA;ax;ay;az;01;02;03;04;05;06;07;08;09 BB;bx;by;bz;03;05;33;44;15;26;27;08;09 I want to split this table in to multiple files: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trymega
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)