Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to insert a string and variable at specified position in command in bash? Post 303042117 by RudiC on Sunday 15th of December 2019 10:34:29 AM
Old 12-15-2019
Not sure I fully understand, and your "Tried" block seems to be gobbledigook, but how about
Code:
while IFS="" read -r LN
  do    [ "$LN" = "${LN##*id}" ] && echo "$LN" || for FN in *.bam
                                                    do echo "     -- bam $FN \\"
                                                    done
  done < file
/path/to/xxx.py \
     -- bam s1.bam \
     -- bam s2.bam \
     -- bam s3.bam \
     -- bam s4.bam \
     --ref /path/to/file \
     --run /ptah/to/data

EDIT: or
Code:
ls *.bam | awk 'NR == FNR {T = T DL "     --bam " $0 " \\"; DL = RS; next} /id/ {print T; next} 1' - file

Last edited by RudiC; 12-15-2019 at 11:52 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find a position and print some string in the next and same position

I need a script for... how to find a position of column data and print some string in the next line and same position position should find based on *HEADER8* in text for ex: ord123 abs 123 987HEADER89 test234 ord124 abc 124 987HEADER88 test235 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveenkcl
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a line and insert string into specific at position

Hi, guys. I have one question: How can I search for a line with certain string in it and then insert a string into this line? For example: There is a file called shadow, the contents of it are below: ************************** ... yuanz:VIRADxMsadfDF/Q:0:0:50:7:::... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: daikeyang
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a line including Variable & Carriage Return / sed command as Variable

I want to instert Category:XXXXX into the 2. line something like this should work, but I have somewhere the wrong sytanx. something with the linebreak goes wrong: sed "2i\\${n}Category:$cat\n" Sample: Titel Blahh Blahh abllk sdhsd sjdhf Blahh Blah Blahh Blahh Should look like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed insert command and variable expansion/command substitution

I know this script is crummy, but I was just messing around.. how do I get sed's insert command to allow variable expansion to show the filename? #!/bin/bash filename=`echo $0` /usr/bin/sed '/#include/ { i\ the filename is `$filename` }' $1 exit 0 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert charactera in 1st position of specific lines using vi editor or sed command

Dear all, i am having text file like below surya rama ranga laxman rajesh reddy i want add string (OK) before a text from line 3 to 5 the result will be surya rama OK ranga OK laxman OK rajesh reddy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need command or script to print all lines from 2nd position to last but one position

hi guys, i want command or script to display the content of file from 2nd position to last but one position of a file abcdefghdasdasdsd 123,345,678,345,323 434,656,656,656,656 678,878,878,989,545 4565656667,65656 i want to display the same above file without first and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a string at a particular position and replace with blank based on position

Hi, I have a file with multiple lines(fixed width dat file). I want to search for '02' in the positions 45-46 and if available, in that lines, I need to replace value in position 359 with blank. As I am new to unix, I am not able to figure out how to do this. Can you please help me to achieve... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradhikshan
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash: Insert in a variable a file

hi all i have a problem in the bash shell. i'd like insert in a variable a file for example : i have a file datafine.log in this file there is : 17/JUN/2019 i want to insert the value of datafine.log in a variable. Regards Frncesco edit by bakunin: please use CODE-tags for your data... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Francesco_IT
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to insert subnode in xml file using xmlstarlet or any other bash command?

I have multiple xml files where i want to update a subnode if the subnode project points to different project or insert a subnode if it doesn't exist using a xmlstarlet or any other command that can be used in a bash script. I have been able to update the subnode project if it doesn't point to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sekhar419
1 Replies
Config::BaseConfigurator(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Config::BaseConfigurator(3pm)

NAME
Log::Log4perl::Config::BaseConfigurator - Configurator Base Class SYNOPSIS
This is a virtual base class, all configurators should be derived from it. DESCRIPTION
METHODS "new" Constructor, typically called like my $config_parser = SomeConfigParser->new( file => $file, ); my $data = $config_parser->parse(); Instead of "file", the derived class "SomeConfigParser" may define any type of configuration input medium (e.g. "url => 'http://foobar'"). It just has to make sure its "parse()" method will later pull the input data from the medium specified. The base class accepts a filename or a reference to an array of text lines: "file" Specifies a file which the "parse()" method later parses. "text" Specifies a reference to an array of scalars, representing configuration records (typically lines of a file). Also accepts a simple scalar, which it splits at its newlines and transforms it into an array: my $config_parser = MyYAMLParser->new( text => ['foo: bar', 'baz: bam', ], ); my $data = $config_parser->parse(); If either "file" or "text" parameters have been specified in the constructor call, a later call to the configurator's "text()" method will return a reference to an array of configuration text lines. This will typically be used by the "parse()" method to process the input. "parse" Virtual method, needs to be defined by the derived class. Parser requirements o If the parser provides variable substitution functionality, it has to implement it. o The parser's "parse()" method returns a reference to a hash of hashes (HoH). The top-most hash contains the top-level keywords ("category", "appender") as keys, associated with values which are references to more deeply nested hashes. o The "log4perl." prefix (e.g. as used in the PropertyConfigurator class) is stripped, it's not part in the HoH structure. o Each Log4perl config value is indicated by the "value" key, as in $data->{category}->{Bar}->{Twix}->{value} = "WARN, Logfile" EXAMPLES The following Log::Log4perl configuration: log4perl.category.Bar.Twix = WARN, Screen log4perl.appender.Screen = Log::Log4perl::Appender::File log4perl.appender.Screen.filename = test.log log4perl.appender.Screen.layout = Log::Log4perl::Layout::SimpleLayout needs to be transformed by the parser's "parse()" method into this data structure: { appender => { Screen => { layout => { value => "Log::Log4perl::Layout::SimpleLayout" }, value => "Log::Log4perl::Appender::Screen", }, }, category => { Bar => { Twix => { value => "WARN, Screen" } } } } For a full-fledged example, check out the sample YAML parser implementation in "eg/yamlparser". It uses a simple YAML syntax to specify the Log4perl configuration to illustrate the concept. SEE ALSO
Log::Log4perl::Config::PropertyConfigurator Log::Log4perl::Config::DOMConfigurator Log::Log4perl::Config::LDAPConfigurator (tbd!) COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2002-2009 by Mike Schilli <m@perlmeister.com> and Kevin Goess <cpan@goess.org>. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-07-21 Config::BaseConfigurator(3pm)