Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to increase the /var (UFS) filesystem and root disk under veritas control? Post 303042103 by amity on Saturday 14th of December 2019 10:37:57 PM
Old 12-14-2019
How to increase the /var (UFS) filesystem and root disk under veritas control?

I need to increase the /var (UFS) filesystem and root disk under veritas control or root disk is encapsulated
Code:
# df -k /var
Filesystem            kbytes    used   avail capacity  Mounted on
/dev/vx/dsk/var      13241195 12475897 674524    96%    /var

# fstyp /dev/vx/dsk/var
ufs
# pkginfo -l VRTSvxvm
   PKGINST:  VRTSvxvm
      NAME:  VERITAS Volume Manager, Binaries
  CATEGORY:  system
      ARCH:  sparc
   VERSION:  3.5,REV=06.21.2002.23.14
   BASEDIR:  /
    VENDOR:  VERITAS Software
      DESC:  Virtual Disk Subsystem
    PSTAMP:  VERITAS-3.5s:21-Jun-2002
  INSTDATE:  Jul 13 2005 16:01
   HOTLINE:  800-342-0652
     EMAIL:  support@veritas.com
     FILES:      599 installed pathnames
                  24 shared pathnames
                   9 linked files
                  76 directories
                 336 executables
              158828 blocks used (approx)

# vxassist -g rootdg maxgrow var
Volume var can be extended by 124742928 to: 166315264 (83123Mb+1280 sectors)
# vxdg -g rootdg free
DISK         DEVICE       TAG          OFFSET    LENGTH    FLAGS
rootdisk     c1t0d0s2     c1t0d0       0         61055     -
rootdisk     c1t0d0s2     c1t0d0       161983467 124634705 -

Please let me know the right process as I know vxresize command and done increasing the vxfs filesystem many times but I think for increasing the ufs filesystem in veritas control has some different process.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment
Use code tags please.

Last edited by Peasant; 12-15-2019 at 01:32 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Veritas root disk mirroring

Hi there, My task is to replace the two 73 G disks with two 143 G disks , which has vxvm 4.1 running on it. I would like to know whether the steps iam following are correct. 1. Break the sub-disks, plexes of the root mirror. 2. Remove the sub-disks,plexes of the root mirror. 3. Remove one of... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jartan
10 Replies

2. Solaris

how to increase the filesystem size under veritas control

Hi all, aloe:root-> df �k Filesystem 1024-blocks Used Available Capacity Mounted on /dev/vx/dsk/rootvol 8254263 2064133 6107588 26% / /proc 0 0 0 0% /proc mnttab ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna176
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to increase or decrease inode number of the particular UFS filesystem

Hi Gurus I want to know the command & tips regarding, how to increase or decrease inode number of the particular ufs filesystem. Is it possible to do it in a live/production environment. Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
3 Replies

4. AIX

Remove internal disk from Veritas Control

I installed new internal disks in my p570. They will be part of a new AIX vg. Unfortunately, we have Veritas Volume Manager running on this AIX 5.2 ml 10 box. Veritas has grabbed control of the disks. I want AIX LVM to control the disks. I cannot get these disks free of Veritas: <lspv... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BobSmith
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Veritas VxVM & Vxfs to SVM and UFS

Hi, I have 2 hosts with Veritas VxVM and VxFS (5.0 MP3_RP2). I need to use the application filesystem's luns from these 2 hosts and mount it on another 2 hosts that are running Solaris 9 09/05 and SVM. Is there resources online or has someone tried this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xor
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Veritas VxVM & Vxfs to SVM and UFS

Hi, I have 2 hosts with Veritas VxVM and VxFS (5.0 MP3_RP2). I need to use the application filesystem's luns from these 2 hosts and mount it on another 2 hosts that are running Solaris 9 09/05 and SVM. Is there resources online or has someone tried this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xor
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Increase root filesystem on solaris zone using zpool

I have a solaris zone of 12 GB and i have to increase the / filesystem to 31GB as requested. Earlier I had expanded filesystems other than / by setting quota to new value like "zfs set quota=new value mountpoint" but I am not sure whether its a good practice in zfs because by default in my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikkash
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Migration of system having UFS root FS with zones root to ZFS root FS

Hi All After downloading ZFS documentation from oracle site, I am able to successfully migrate UFS root FS without zones to ZFS root FS. But in case of UFS root file system with zones , I am successfully able to migrate global zone to zfs root file system but zone are still in UFS root file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
2 Replies

9. Solaris

how to restore backup from veritas vm in ufs file system

Hi all I have a DLT tape in that tape backup is there is in veritas volume format and i want to restore it in ufs file system how can i do it? right now i don't have veritas file system setup. i have only ufs file sysytem please help some production data is to be restore. backup was taken... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to extend a disk in veritas volume manager in veritas cluster?

Hi Experts, I wanted to extend a veritas file system which is running on veritas cluster and mounted on node2 system. #hastatus -sum -- System State Frozen A node1 running 0 A node2 running 0 -- Group State -- Group System Probed ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Skmanojkum
1 Replies
lufslist(1M)															      lufslist(1M)

NAME
lufslist - list configuration of a boot environment SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/lufslist [-l error_log] [-o outfile] BE_name [-X] DESCRIPTION
The lufslist command is part of a suite of commands that make up the Live Upgrade feature of the Solaris operating environment. See live_upgrade(5) for a description of the Live Upgrade feature. The lufslist command lists the configuration of a boot environment (BE). The output contains the disk slice (file system), file system type, and file system size for each BE mount point. The following is an example of lufslist output. # lufslist BE_name Filesystem fstype size(Mb) Mounted on ------------------------------------------------------------------ /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s1 swap 512.11 - /dev/dsk/c0t4d0s3 ufs 3738.29 / /dev/dsk/c0t4d0s4 ufs 510.24 /opt File system type can be ufs, swap, or vxfs, for a Veritas file system. Under the Filesystem heading can be a disk slice or a logical device, such as a disk metadevice used by volume management software. The lufslist command requires root privileges. OPTIONS
The lufslist command has the following options: -l error_log Error and status messages are sent to error_log, in addition to where they are sent in your current environment. -o outfile All command output is sent to outfile, in addition to where it is sent in your current environment. -X Enable XML output. Characteristics of XML are defined in DTD, in /usr/share/lib/xml/dtd/lu_cli.dtd.<num>, where <num> is the version number of the DTD file. OPERANDS
BE_name Name of the BE for which file systems are to be reported. You cannot specify a BE that is involved in another Live Upgrade operation. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/lutab list of BEs on the system /usr/share/lib/xml/dtd/lu_cli.dtd.<num> Live Upgrade DTD (see -X option) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWluu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
lu(1M), luactivate(1M), lucancel(1M), lucompare(1M), lucreate(1M), lucurr(1M), ludelete(1M), ludesc(1M), lumake(1M), lumount(1M), lure- name(1M), lustatus(1M), luupgrade(1M), lutab(4), attributes(5), live_upgrade(5) SunOS 5.10 24 Jan 2002 lufslist(1M)