Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Filtering netstat command output Post 303042080 by sravani25 on Friday 13th of December 2019 11:59:05 AM
Old 12-13-2019
Can you please explain the script which you wrote.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

output of NETSTAT

# netstat -in Name Mtu Network Address Ipkts Ierrs Opkts Oerrs Coll net1 1500 192.168 192.168.0.11 24508 0 12212 112931 2795 lo0 8232 127 127.0.0.1 42 0 42 0 0 atl0* 8232 none none No Statistics... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samprax
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering a range of ports out of a netstat output

i'd like to grep a range of ports on a netstat -nt output, localaddress, say :1 to :1023. how do i do it via sed/awk/grep? Thanks, Marc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
1 Replies

3. Solaris

netstat -an -- meaning of the output

Dear Experts, I put below command- could you please describe the outputs column- let me describe some them- col_1: (10.131.60.48.55880) The IP address of the local computer and the port number being used for this particular connection appear in the Local Address column. col_2:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Difference in netstat -a and -an output.

Hi, Does anyone know why I get a different output when using "netstat -a" or "netstat -an" ?? # netstat -a | grep ts15r135 tcp 0 0 nbsol152.62736 ts15r135.23211 ESTABLISHED # netstat -an | grep 172.23.160.78 tcp 0 0 135.246.39.152.51954 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejdv
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

interpreting netstat output

hi all, when I run- wcars1j5#netstat -an | grep 8090 127.0.0.1.8090 *.* 0 0 49152 0 LISTEN wcars1j5# 1. does this mean that no one is connected to this port? Regards, akash (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akash_mahakode
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

netstat output

I can't tell what the output of the netstat command means. Is there anywhere that has this information? I tried the man pages, but they weren't helpful. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
3 Replies

7. IP Networking

Connections not shown in netstat output

I have a TCPIP server application (a Vendor package) which by default allows 10 connections. It provides a parameter to allow us to increase the maximum allowable connections in case it is needed. Intermittently this application is failing with maximum number of connections reached even when there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AIX_user
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Amount of Network Traffic info from netstat output

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how much traffic has been generated and received from netstat -s output (using Linux). I can see the output shows packet counts and Octet values, how would I correctly calculate how much traffic in and how much out? My output below: Ip: 88847576 total... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wilsonee
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

netstat -an output, pls. explain..

Hi, I have old SCO O/S. System keeps crashing. I made lot of changes to kernel but so for nothing helped. I wrote a script which takes netstat -an output every one minute. I saw some thing right before the system crashed. Not sure if this means anything.. uname -a SCO_SV djx2 3.2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

netstat output

Hi Team, Below is the output of netstat -an | grep 1533 tcp 0 0 17.18.18.12:583 10.3.2.0:1533 ESTABLISHED tcp 0 0 17.18.18.12:370 10.3.2.0:1533 ESTABLISHED Below is the o/p of netstat -a | grep server_name tcp 0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
4 Replies
Frontier::Responder(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Frontier::Responder(3pm)

NAME
Frontier::Responder - Create XML-RPC listeners for normal CGI processes SYNOPSIS
use Frontier::Responder; my $res = Frontier::Responder->new( methods => { add => sub{ $_[0] + $_[1] }, cat => sub{ $_[0] . $_[1] }, }, ); print $res->answer; DESCRIPTION
Use Frontier::Responder whenever you need to create an XML-RPC listener using a standard CGI interface. To be effective, a script using this class will often have to be put a directory from which a web server is authorized to execute CGI programs. An XML-RPC listener using this library will be implementing the API of a particular XML-RPC application. Each remote procedure listed in the API of the user defined application will correspond to a hash key that is defined in the "new" method of a Frontier::Responder object. This is exactly the way Frontier::Daemon works as well. In order to process the request and get the response, the "answer" method is needed. Its return value is XML ready for printing. For those new to XML-RPC, here is a brief description of this protocol. XML-RPC is a way to execute functions on a different machine. Both the client's request and listeners response are wrapped up in XML and sent over HTTP. Because the XML-RPC conversation is in XML, the implementation languages of the server (here called a listener), and the client can be different. This can be a powerful and simple way to have very different platforms work together without acrimony. Implicit in the use of XML-RPC is a contract or API that an XML-RPC listener implements and an XML-RPC client calls. The API needs to list not only the various procedures that can be called, but also the XML-RPC datatypes expected for input and output. Remember that although Perl is permissive about datatyping, other languages are not. Unforuntately, the XML-RPC spec doesn't say how to document the API. It is recomended that the author of a Perl XML-RPC listener should at least use POD to explain the API. This allows for the programmatic generation of a clean web page. METHODS
new( OPTIONS ) This is the class constructor. As is traditional, it returns a blessed reference to a Frontier::Responder object. It expects arguments to be given like a hash (Perl's named parameter mechanism). To be effective, populate the "methods" parameter with a hashref that has API procedure names as keys and subroutine references as values. See the SYNOPSIS for a sample usage. answer() In order to parse the request and execute the procedure, this method must be called. It returns a XML string that contains the procedure's response. In a typical CGI program, this string will simply be printed to STDOUT. SEE ALSO
perl(1), Frontier::RPC2(3) <http://www.scripting.com/frontier5/xml/code/rpc.html> AUTHOR
Ken MacLeod <ken@bitsko.slc.ut.us> wrote the underlying RPC library. Joe Johnston <jjohn@cs.umb.edu> wrote an adaptation of the Frontier::Daemon class to create this CGI XML-RPC listener class. perl v5.10.1 2002-08-03 Frontier::Responder(3pm)