Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Send SMS to mobile
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Send SMS to mobile Post 303042016 by Neo on Wednesday 11th of December 2019 10:20:27 AM
Old 12-11-2019
How about this as a arduino project with an sms board?

Quote:
PRS SIM900 GSM SMS GPRS communication flip card slot replace SIM900 Through neoway M590 for Arduino
See for example, from AliExpress:

Code:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32989711403.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.19994049qDak6v&algo_pvid=a84fac8f-6eb2-43e3-8d6c-4ac160f48550

Code:
GPRS SIM900 GSM SMS GPRS communication flip card slot replace SIM900 Through neoway m590 for Arduino

Function modules: 
1. The computer serial port control to send and receive messages, send and receive GPRS data 
2. The single chip microcomputer control to send and receive messages, send and receive GPRS data 
3. The telephone type (no voice part can't talk) 
4. Ringing output 
Current working voltage: 3.7-4.2 V 2 a 
The default baud rate: 115200

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

can anyone send sms application

actually i need this sms application ,to gain some knowledge in linux platform. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parvathy
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Send SMS from PC to mobile phones

Hi All, Can any expert provide me a guide on how i can send SMS from pc to mobile phone using VBA or some other language ? I am a newbie in networking. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raynon
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script which will run every 10minutes and Send SMS to mobile

Hello Genuis guys, I am running Aix5 and Oracle 9 on it. I have sql query which only count a particular rows. I need to prepare a script which will run that sql query every 10 minutes and if the ouput count is greate than 20. It will send SMS to mobile numbers. Need your kind help to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to send SMS

Hey guys I was wondering how to go about creating a bash script to send SMS..any ideas are appreciated.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackzeus
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to set up UNIX script to send sms on mobile

Hi All, Can anyone please help in setting up Unix script for sending text messages on mobile?? Actually scenario is we want notification when there is any failures in our processes or if any service goes down we must be notified by a text message on our mobile, we already have email... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NikhilM
3 Replies

6. AIX

send SMS via curl

I need from aix to send an SMS, you know if the command curl serves me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
3 Replies
Device::Gsm::Sms(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Device::Gsm::Sms(3pm)

NAME
Device::Gsm::Sms - SMS message internal class that represents a single text SMS message SYNOPSIS
# A list of Device::Gsm::Sms messages is returned by # Device::Gsm messages() method. use Device::Gsm; ... @sms = $gsm->messages(); if( @sms ) { foreach( @sms ) { print $msg->storage() , " "; print $msg->recipient() , " "; print $msg->sender() , " "; print $msg->content() , " "; print $msg->time() , " "; print $msg->type() , " "; } } # Or you can instance a sms message from raw PDU data my $msg = new Device::Gsm::Sms( header => '+CMGL: ...', pdu => `[encoded pdu data]', storage=> 'ME', # or 'SC' ); if( defined $msg ) { print $msg->recipient() , " "; print $msg->sender() , " "; print $msg->content() , " "; # or $msg->text() print $msg->time() , " "; print $msg->type() , " "; } $msg->delete(); DESCRIPTION
"Device::Gsm::Sms" class implements very basic SMS message object, that can be used to decode "+CMGL" GSM command response to build a more friendly high-level object. METHODS
The following is a list of methods applicable to "Device::Gsm::Sms" objects. content() See text() method. decode() Starts the decoding process of pdu binary data. If decoding process ends in success, return value is true and sms object is filled with all proper values. If decoding process has errors or pdu data is not provided, return value is 0 (zero). delete() Delete the current SMS message from sim card. Example: $gsm = Device::Gsm->new(); ... my @msg = $gsm->messages(); $msg[0] && $msg[0]->delete(); new() Basic constructor. You can build a new "Device::Gsm::Sms" object from the raw +CMGL header and PDU data. Those data is then decoded and a new sms object is instanced and all information filled, to be available for subsequent method calls. The allowed parameters to new() method are: header This is the raw +CMGL header string as modem outputs when you issue a +CMGL command pdu Binary encoded sms data storage Tells which storage to delete the message from. Check the documentation of your phone to know valid storage values. Default values are: "ME" Deletes messages from gsm phone memory. "SC" Deletes messages from sim card. index() Returns the sms message index number, that is the position of message in the internal device memory or sim card. This number is used for example to delete the message. my $gsm = Device::Gsm->new(port=>'/dev/ttyS0'); ... my @messages = $gsm->messages(); ... # Delete the first returned message my $msg = shift @messages; $gsm->delete_sms( $msg->index() ); recipient() Returns the sms recipient number (destination address = DA) as string (ex.: +39012345678). sender() Returns the sms sender number (originating address = OA) as string. status() Status of the message can be one value from the following list: storage() Returns the storage where SMS has been read from. text() Returns the textual content of sms message. token() Returns the given PDU token of the decoded message (internal usage). type() SMS messages can be of two types: SMS_SUBMIT and SMS_DELIVER, that are defined by two constants with those names. type() method returns one of these two values. Example: if( $sms->type() == Device::Gsm::Sms::SMS_DELIVER ) { # ... } elsif( $sms->type() == Device::Gsm::Sms::SMS_SUBMIT ) { # ... } REQUIRES
o Device::Gsm EXPORTS
None TODO
o Complete and proof-read documentation and examples COPYRIGHT
Device::Gsm::Sms - SMS message simple class that represents a text SMS message Copyright (C) 2002-2009 Cosimo Streppone, cosimo@cpan.org This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of Perl itself. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the Perl licensing terms for details. AUTHOR
Cosimo Streppone, cosimo@cpan.org SEE ALSO
Device::Gsm, perl(1) perl v5.14.2 2012-03-08 Device::Gsm::Sms(3pm)