Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris "synchronisation lost" errors for Solaris NTP server Post 303041999 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 10th of December 2019 09:11:54 PM
Old 12-10-2019
Are these remote devices GNSS? Why you need 3 evades me. Some specialized clocks will drop connections that act to hog resources.

And why do you need to ping those NTP servers so often? That may be why you are getting dropped.... assuming it did work previously.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Restoring back files from "lost+found" directory

Hi Friends, How can I Restore the Files present under "lost+found" Directory of a FileSystem (in Solaris & Tru64 OS) to their original Locations. Now-a-days I am loosing lots of files in 2 of my Machines, One running Solaris8 and other Tru64(Digital) Unix. Thanx in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhasarath
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can you force local NTP server to be accepted as "suitable"?

Is there some way to force the NTP server on a brand-new install to be "suitable" to sync other servers from? (I'm more concerned with synchronization between machines, and less concerned with what the actual time they sync to is) For example, whenever I install fresh from the Fedora DVDs and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinno
0 Replies

3. Linux

NTP treshold "synchronisation lost"

does anyone know how to change the treshold of 128ms in NTP. in order to ignore these alarms: Oct 27 14:44:15 rt1 ntpd: synchronisation lost Oct 27 15:08:25 rt1 ntpd: time reset 0.688591 s Oct 27 15:08:25 rt1 ntpd: synchronisation lost Oct 27 15:28:45 rt1 ntpd: time reset 0.462257 s (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: modcan
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

All alias in .profile lost when "script" command is called

Hi, I was trying to call "script <an ip add>" command from .profile file to log everything whenever anyone logs in to this user. I did the following at the end of .profile. 1) Extracted the IP address who logged in 2) Called script < ip add> . The problem I am facing is all, aliases etc. written... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicon007
3 Replies

5. AIX

"too big" and "not enough memory" errors in shell script

Hi, This is odd, however here goes. There are several shell scripts that run in our production environment AIX 595 LPAR m/c, which has sufficient memory 14GB (physical memory) and horsepower 5CPUs. However from time to time we get the following errors in these shell scripts. The time when these... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Printer configuration Migration from Solaris 10 "LP" to Solaris 11 "CUPS"

Need to find a way to import an LP printers.conf file to CUPS. I have some new Solaris 11.1 boxes that need to have 300 printers added. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"Help with bash script" - "License Server and Patch Updates"

Hi All, I'm completely new to bash scripting and still learning my way through albeit vey slowly. I need to know where to insert my server names', my ip address numbers through out the script alas to no avail. I'm also searching on how to save .sh (bash shell) script properly.... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: profileuser
25 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
TIMESYNCD.CONF(5)						  timesyncd.conf						 TIMESYNCD.CONF(5)

NAME
timesyncd.conf, timesyncd.conf.d - Network Time Synchronization configuration files SYNOPSIS
/etc/systemd/timesyncd.conf /etc/systemd/timesyncd.conf.d/*.conf /run/systemd/timesyncd.conf.d/*.conf /usr/lib/systemd/timesyncd.conf.d/*.conf DESCRIPTION
These configuration files control NTP network time synchronization. CONFIGURATION DIRECTORIES AND PRECEDENCE
The default configuration is defined during compilation, so a configuration file is only needed when it is necessary to deviate from those defaults. By default, the configuration file in /etc/systemd/ contains commented out entries showing the defaults as a guide to the administrator. This file can be edited to create local overrides. When packages need to customize the configuration, they can install configuration snippets in /usr/lib/systemd/*.conf.d/. Files in /etc/ are reserved for the local administrator, who may use this logic to override the configuration files installed by vendor packages. The main configuration file is read before any of the configuration directories, and has the lowest precedence; entries in a file in any configuration directory override entries in the single configuration file. Files in the *.conf.d/ configuration subdirectories are sorted by their filename in lexicographic order, regardless of which of the subdirectories they reside in. When multiple files specify the same option, for options which accept just a single value, the entry in the file with the lexicographically latest name takes precedence. For options which accept a list of values, entries are collected as they occur in files sorted lexicographically. It is recommended to prefix all filenames in those subdirectories with a two-digit number and a dash, to simplify the ordering of the files. To disable a configuration file supplied by the vendor, the recommended way is to place a symlink to /dev/null in the configuration directory in /etc/, with the same filename as the vendor configuration file. OPTIONS
The following settings are configured in the "[Time]" section: NTP= A space-separated list of NTP server host names or IP addresses. During runtime this list is combined with any per-interface NTP servers acquired from systemd-networkd.service(8). systemd-timesyncd will contact all configured system or per-interface servers in turn until one is found that responds. When the empty string is assigned, the list of NTP servers is reset, and all assignments prior to this one will have no effect. This setting defaults to an empty list. FallbackNTP= A space-separated list of NTP server host names or IP addresses to be used as the fallback NTP servers. Any per-interface NTP servers obtained from systemd-networkd.service(8) take precedence over this setting, as do any servers set via NTP= above. This setting is hence only used if no other NTP server information is known. When the empty string is assigned, the list of NTP servers is reset, and all assignments prior to this one will have no effect. If this option is not given, a compiled-in list of NTP servers is used instead. RootDistanceMaxSec= Maximum acceptable root distance. Takes a time value (in seconds). Defaults to 5 seconds. PollIntervalMinSec=, PollIntervalMaxSec= The minimum and maximum poll intervals for NTP messages. Each setting takes a time value (in seconds). PollIntervalMinSec= must not be smaller than 16 seconds. PollIntervalMaxSec= must be larger than PollIntervalMinSec=. PollIntervalMinSec= defaults to 32 seconds, and PollIntervalMaxSec= defaults to 2048 seconds. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-timesyncd.service(8), systemd-networkd.service(8) systemd 237 TIMESYNCD.CONF(5)