Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Choosing VPN server based on server response times Post 303041893 by haloslayer255 on Friday 6th of December 2019 12:28:48 AM
Old 12-06-2019
Thank you for the reply Neo,

I should have remembered that, my networking and telecommunications skills are a bit rusty.

Come to think of it the private internet access vpn app for android and arch x86_64 has the functionality I'm trying to mirror. Perhaps I can take a look at the relevent code in the arch package and try to port some of its functionality to this.

Trying to get this idea working for raspberry pi which uses the arm cpu architecture. I also noticed that sometimes webpages would load slower based on server congestion. Example New_York_City could have 35ms one moment then at 11:00PM could have 530ms, even though its relatively closer. I thought perhaps I could socket the services similar to how dnscrypt-proxy could be socketed.

Will keep trying different ideas.

Thanks again Neo,
HaloSlayer255

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading response from server

I am trying to write a korn shell script which posts commands to a server and read the response back from the server. Any idea how I can read the servers response? I have tried doing the following: ( LOGIN:xxxxx command to server read ANSWER echo $ANSWER >file1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 - vpn server

I would like to setup my solaris 10 x86 system as a vpn server. I can't seem to find any good links on setting it up. Do you guys have some links that could walk me thru on setting up the vpn server so that windows clients can connect to it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kungpow
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SNMP Timeout: No Response from server

When I tried to connect snmp from one server to another server Timeout: No Response from server is comming Pls suggest (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
0 Replies

4. AIX

how would you know your server was rebooted 3 times or 5 times

Is there such location or command to know how many times did you reboot your server in that particular day?in AIX. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Cisco IOS VPN server IKE

How do I tell if Cisco IOS VPN server IKE is running on my solaris 10 system (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pgsanders
1 Replies

6. Web Development

Apache Web Server - Invalid Response

Hi, I have a SCO Unix Openserver V6 server which is hosting a website with Apache V1.3 as the http server. The web site has an initial login screen which re-directs to another page once the user name and password has been verified. When connecting to the website and trying to login, it times... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Martyn
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help explaining how to use a VPN on a UNIX server with a Mac OS

I have gotten a gig to teach someone how to use a VPN client for a UNIX server on a MAC os. The problem is I have never used UNIX, dont mess with VPN's (my dad has a VPN that I have used a couple of times). I'm currently taking a crash course on UNIX but I was wondering if anyone could help me with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: psycopuppy
0 Replies

8. AIX

Help Me - AIX server connect to a VPN network

Hi, I have a task requested by my boss to create a script to enable a server to connect to a vpn network and then to connect to another server to upload some data... How can I connect to a vpn network from AIX server? via telnet? ssh? I have tried to google but mostly the answers are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mushr00m
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VPN on an online server

Hi there, Believe it or not, the word VPN doesn't give any search result in the forum. I'm trying to get started with VPN. I'm currently in the process of setting up a server. I found a lot of howtos on the web. There's still one thing that I'm not sure of. My plan is to setup the VPN... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
4 Replies

10. IP Networking

VPN Server & Client

First of all, hello. I have a problem installing a vpn server and client. My server is a computer running windows 7, and windows, running a virtual machine running debian. In the debian system, I've the vpn server installed (SoftEther VPN Server) The problems come when I try to connect to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blues23
1 Replies
SYSTEMD-TIMEDATED.SERVICE(8)                                 systemd-timedated.service                                SYSTEMD-TIMEDATED.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-timedated.service, systemd-timedated - Time and date bus mechanism SYNOPSIS
systemd-timedated.service /lib/systemd/systemd-timedated DESCRIPTION
systemd-timedated is a system service that may be used as a mechanism to change the system clock and timezone, as well as to enable/disable NTP time synchronization. systemd-timedated is automatically activated on request and terminates itself when it is unused. The tool timedatectl(1) is a command line client to this service. See the developer documentation[1] for information about the APIs systemd-timedated provides. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), timedatectl(1), localtime(5), hwclock(8) NOTES
1. developer documentation https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/timedated systemd 237 SYSTEMD-TIMEDATED.SERVICE(8)