Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Find Memory and activity from command output Post 303041747 by Varja on Tuesday 3rd of December 2019 04:33:37 PM
Old 12-03-2019
Find Memory and activity from command output

Hello -
I have a requirement to get the Memory(Xmx) and the activity name using it.

Sample input info :

Code:
1502       02:57 /bin/sh /opt/rather/bar/deploy/bar_run.sh
1545       02:57 java -Drather.repository=/opt/rather/bar/deploy/JobSyng_Barol_Count/JobSyng_Barol_Count/../lib -Xms1024M -Xmx2048M -cp .:/opt/rather/bar/deploy/JobSyng_Barol_Count/JobSyng_Barol_Count:/opt/rather/bar/deploy/JobSyng_Barol_Count/JobSyng_Barol_Count/../lib/routines.jar:/opt/rather/bar/deploy/JobSyng_Barol_Count/JobSyng_Barol_Count/../lib/advancedPersistentLookupLib-1.2.jar:/opt/rather/bar/deploy/JobSyng_Barol_Count/JobSyng_Barol_Count/../lib/rather_file_enhanced_20070724.jar:/opt/rather/bar/deploy/JobSyng_Barol_Count/JobSyng_Barol_Count/../lib/rathercsv.jar:/opt/rather/bar/deploy/JobSyng_Barol_Count/JobSyng_Barol_Count/../lib/trove.jar:/opt/rather/bar/deploy/JobSyng_Barol_Count/JobSyng_Barol_Count/JobSyng_Barol_count_0_1.jar: intlbar_tac.JobSyng_Barol_count_0_1.JobSyng_Barol_Count --context=Default
9738    03:05:12 java -Xms3002M -Xmx3002M -cp /opt/rather/raal/raal.jar com.aexp.raal.main.controller.raalMainController

Command running for the o/p:

Code:
ps -eo pid,etime,command | grep rather | egrep -sv "$$|bash|tail|cat|sshd|grep|less|more|su"

Result looking from it (or something similar/meaningful):
Code:
ActivityName1:  bar
Memory for ActivityName1:2048M
ActivityName2:  raal
Memory for ActivityName2:3002M

Few pointers :
All these are running under process: rather
The memory is looking under value "Xmx"
always the activity name is after "/opt/rather/"

Can someone help me on the code for me?

Thanks in adv.

Last edited by Varja; 12-03-2019 at 05:46 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

output of find command

Hi, I am confused about the output of find command. Please see the two find commands below. When i put "*.c" i get lots of files. But when i put *c only i get only one file. Any answer?? $ find . -name "*c" ./clarify/cheval/hp_server/rulemanager/rulemansvc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

hiding output from find command

when I do the find command from / , there are a lot of directories that I do not have access to and so I get "find: cannot open ..." How can I suppress these messages so only what was found is output. I was thinking on find / -name 'searchterm' | grep -v find but this doesnt work ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Incorrect output using find command

I'm using the below command to list files older than 2 hours but it returns redundant output, am I missing something. # find . -mmin +120 -exec ls -l {} \; total 0 -rw-r--r-- 1 root system 0 Oct 13 09:52 test1 -rw-r--r-- 1 root system 0 Oct 13 09:52 test2 -rw-r--r-- 1 root ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with output of find command being input to basename command...

Hi, I am triying to make sure that there exists only one file with the pattern abc* in path /path/. This directory is having many huge files. If there is only one file then I have to take its complete name only to use furter in my script. I am planning to do like this: if ; then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_learner
2 Replies

5. AIX

Command to find TOP 5 Memory consuming process

HI All, Can anyone send me a command to find TOP 5 Memory consuming process. It would be lelpful if I get output something like below processname - pid - memory(in MB) - command I tried few commands from the internet but the result only give the real memory usage or pagging, I want total... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bce_groups
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to find the Memory and CPU utilization using 'top' command

Hi all, I found like top command could be used to find the Memory and CPU utilization. But i want to know how to find the Memory and CPU utilization for a particular user using top command. Thanks in advance. Thanks, Ananthi.U (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananthi_ku
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrong output in find command

Hi guys - I am trying a small script to tell me if there is a file that exists less than 1k. It should report ERROR, otherwise the check is good. I wrote this script down, however it never runs in the if/then statement. It always returns the echo ERROR. MYSIZE=$(find /home/student/dir1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

indication of find activity - bash script

Hi All, I wanted to show on stdout that a file was found right after it happens due to indicate the activity of long search. Further more I want to store the result of the find in a file. I have tried this: echo -n "Searching" find . -name Makefile -type f -print -exec echo -n "." \; >... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: vercsab
16 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to find memory taken by a process using top command?

I wanted to know how to find the memory taken by a process using top command. The output of the top command is as follows as an example: Mem: 13333364k total, 13238904k used, 94460k free, 623640k buffers Swap: 25165816k total, 112k used, 25165704k free, 4572904k cached PID USER ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
6 Replies
asadmin-deploy(1AS)						   User Commands					       asadmin-deploy(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-deploy, deploy - deploys the specifiedcomponent SYNOPSIS
deploy --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive] [--virtualservers virtual_servers] [--contextroot context_root] [--force=true] [--precom- pilejsp=false] [--verify=false] [--name component_name] [--upload=true] [--retrieve local_dirpath] [--dbvendorname dbvendorname] [--cre- atetables=true|false | --dropandcreatetables=true|false] [--uniquetablenames=true|false] [--deploymentplan deployment_plan] [--enabled=true] filepath Deploys an EJB, web, connector or application. If the component is already deployed or already exists, it is forcefully re-deployed if the --force option is set to true. The --createtables and --dropandcreatetables options are booleans and therefore can take the values of true or false. These options are only used during deployment of CMP beans that have not been mapped to a database (i.e., no sun-cmp-mappings.xml descriptor is provided in the module's META-INF directory). They are ignored otherwise. The --createtables option and --dropandcreatetables option are mutually exclusive; only one should be used. If drop and/or create tables fails, the deployment does not fail; a warning message is provided in the log file. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. --interactive prompts you for the required options that are not already specified. --virtualservers comma separated list of virtual server name. --contextroot valid only if the archive is a web module. It is ignored for other archive types; defaults to filename without extension. --force makes sure the component is forcefully (re)deployed even if the specified component has already been deployed or already exists. --precompilejsp by default is set to false which does not allow the JSP to pre-compile during deployment. Instead JSPs are compiled during runtime. --verify if set to true, the syntax and semantics of the deployment descriptor is verified. --name name of the deployable component. --upload when set to true, uploads the deployable file to the administration server. If the filepath of the deployable file is mounted to the server machine, or if the administration server is running locally, set the upload option to false. --retrieve retrieves the client stub JAR file from the server machine to the local directory. --dbvendorname name of database vendor being used. Default is the corresponding entry in the cmp-resource() element of the sun- ejb-jar.xml file. If not specified the default is SQL92. Thereby the DDL files to create and drop tables will be generated in SQL92 format. --createtables creates tables at deploy of an application with unmapped CMP beans. Default is the corresponding entry in the cmp- resource element of the sun-ejb-jar.xml file. If not specified, defaults to the entries specified in the deployment descriptors. --dropandcreatetables drops tables at redeploy of an already deployed application with unmapped CMP beans. If not specified, the tables will be dropped if the drop-tables-at-undeploy entry in the cmp-resource element of the sun-ejb-jar.xml file is set to true. The new tables are created if the create-tables-at-deploy entry in the cmp-resource element of the sun- ejb-jar.xml file is set to true. On redeploy the tables created by the previous deploy are dropped before creating the new tables. --uniquetablenames guarantees unique table names for all the beans and results in a hashcode added to the table names. This is useful if you have an application with case-sensitive bean names. --deploymentplan takes the deployment plan, which is a JAR containing Sun-specific descriptors, and deploys it. This should be passed along when deploying a pure EAR file. A pure EAR file is an EAR without Sun-specific descriptors. --enabled if set to true (default), allows user to access the application. If set to false, user will not be able to access the application. OPERANDS
filepath path to the deployable file on the local machine if the --upload option is set to true; otherwise the absolute path to the file on the server machine. Example 1: Deploying a J2EE application Deploy (install) the J2EE application packaged in the Cart.ear file. asadmin> deploy --user admin --password admin123 --host murph --port 4848 Cart.ear Command deploy executed successfully Example 2: Deploying a Web application with the default context root Deploy the Web application in the hello.war file at the hello context root. asadmin> deploy --user admin hello.war Command deploy executed successfully Example 3: Deploying an enterprise bean (EJB component) Deploy and enterprise bean with container-managed persistence (CMP) and create the database tables used by the bean. asadmin> deploy --user admin --createtables=true EmployeeEJB.jar Command deploy executed successfully Example 4: Deploying a connector module (resource adapter) Deploy a connector module packaged in a RAR file. asadmin> deploy --user admin jdbcra.rar Command deploy executed successfully EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-undeploy(1AS), asadmin-list-components(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-deploy(1AS)