Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Can I trace who asked for reboot Post 303041707 by samthewildone on Monday 2nd of December 2019 09:30:12 AM
Old 12-02-2019
Also check cron logs to be sure nothing added to initiate the reboot.

Were there any updates prior to the reboot, as in updates to physical hardware?
This User Gave Thanks to samthewildone For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple Question ever asked

How do I cahnge my plan under my profile? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: D3adRabbit
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

I thought I asked the question before but I haven't sorry

:D could any one answer my previous question... just looked through logg and found no such question that I had asked.. please any input would help \.. :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
2 Replies

3. Solaris

different between soft reboot and hard reboot

Hi Guru's Can any want here could explain to me the different between soft reboot and hard reboot . Best Regards Seelan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seelan3
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to set up ssh, so password not asked

Hi All Plz guide me in setting ssh on local machine so that password will not be asked. I have written a script abc.ksh on machineA to execute a script sampletest.ksh available on machineB Conent of abc.ksh is as follows ssh -q bali@machineB sh ClaimGenFeed/claim/sampletest.ksh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
1 Replies

5. Programming

put the prog asked in your interview

Submit the program asked to write in the interview eg. write a prog to generate fibonacci series using recursion (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: useless79
2 Replies

6. AIX

Career Advice Asked

Dear All i am working on windows plattform and i am interested in Aix so i have done IBM Aix certification, can you please suggest Aix filed is good for my carrier,currently i am working as Desktop admin edit by bakunin: please understand that the question you raised has nothing to do with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manzur13
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable not getting asked....

Hello all, I am trying to pass or trying to get a variable assinged...but seemed like i am doing something wrong here.... so lets say abc.txt(spool the output out) is my file, where i am doing select * Fro mv$version inside my DB and getting some info. -/home/oracle/logs >cat abc.txt SQL>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abdul.irfan2
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Username password asked during loging

Hi, Whenever I open my unix box,after providing username and password I get the following message. Are you authorised to use this computer as detailed above? (Y)es/(N)o : y Export: Release 10.2.0.2.0 - Production on Mon May 16 16:00:15 2011 Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All rights... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: emilybose
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sudo asked for root password .

i have tried to use a sudo command from a user level . but instead of asking for user password it asked for root password . how should i go about it . james@opensuse:/etc> sudo ifconfig root's password: And i wish to ask how should i allow a list of command to be allowed to used for a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lobsang
4 Replies
REBOOT(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 REBOOT(8)

NAME
reboot - reboot the system immediately SYNOPSIS
reboot [-f] DESCRIPTION
Reboot can be used to reboot the system after installing a new kernel. It does not inform the users, but does log it's actions in /usr/adm/wtmp and /usr/adm/authlog. The system is then rebooted with the reboot(2) systemcall. If the -f flag is not given then all processes are sent terminate signals to give them a chance to die peacefully before the reboot() call. If the wtmp file exists, reboot logs itself as if it were a shutdown. This is done to prevent last(1) from talking about system-crashes. Reboot is registered as is in the authlog file. Reboot can only be executed by the super-user. Any other caller will be refused, either by reboot(8) or by reboot(2). SEE ALSO
reboot(2), shutdown(8), halt(8), boot(8). BUGS
The error message's given by reboot are not always useful. There are several routines that can fail, but which are not fatal for the pro- gram. AUTHOR
Edvard Tuinder (v892231@si.hhs.NL) REBOOT(8)