Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to compare two files in UNIX using similar to vlookup? Post 303041548 by hkoshekay on Wednesday 27th of November 2019 05:17:21 PM
Old 11-27-2019
How to compare two files in UNIX using similar to vlookup?

Hi,

I want to compare same column in two files, if values match then display the column or display "NA".

Ex :

File 1 :
abc
xyz
pqr

File 2:
aab
fdf
pqr
fff
qqq
rrr
xyz
sst

Compare column:
NA
y
NA
NA
NA

can someone help me with logic for this.

thanks,
BBBB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare directories then move similar ones

I would like to know how to compare a listing of directories that begin with the same four numbers ie. /1234cat /1234tree /1234fish and move all these directories into one directory Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tgibson2
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

VLOOKUP utility in UNIX

Kindly help me to build the script similar to VLOOKUP function of MS Excell. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hjoshi
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to implement VLOOKUP (Excel function) in Unix

Dear All, i want to implement vookup function which is there in excel into Unix. Suppose i have 2 files. The files are given below. File1: MSC Cell SDCA Patna-1 12 Bihar Patna-2 45 Ranchi Bhopal-1 85 Raigarh Bhopal-2 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pravani1
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare the similar files

I got many pair files, which only have small difference, such as more space, or more empty line, and some unreadable characters. If list by commend "diff", I can see many many difference. So I'd like to write a script to compare the pair files, if 95% contents are same, I will think they are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdcwayx
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

merge files like VLOOKUP

I would like to merge data from a reference file and a data file to produce a new output file as shown below. Reference file,data file,output file a , b 2 , a 0 b , d 4 , b 2 c , , c 0 d , , d 4 e, , e 0 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: godzilla07
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

vlookup files

hi frnds i have 2 files. 1st is dddd and 2nd is ssss ==> dddd <==: 1,charit 2,gilhotra ==> ssss <==: 1,sajan 2,doda 3,hello and i want o/p ...mean join and vlookup both files sajan,charit (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to perform an action similar to vlookup between two csv files in UNIX

Hi, I am new to awk/unix and am trying to put together an awk script to perform an action similar to vlookup between the two csv files. Here are the contents of the two files: File 1: Date,ParentID,Number,Area,Volume,Dimensions 2014-01-01,ABC,247,83430.33,857.84,8110.76... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prit Siv
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two files in UNIX and create a new file similar to equi join

I have 2 files namely branch.txt file & RXD.txt file as below Ex:Branch.txt ========================= B1,Branchname1,city,country B2,Branchname2,city,country B3,Branchname3,city,country B4,Branchname4,city,country B5,Branchname5,city,country RXD file : will... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: satece
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vlookup using awk non similar files

I need to vlookup and check the server not found. Source file 1 server1 server2 server3 server4 server5_root server6_silver server7 server7-test server7-temp Source file 2 server1_bronze (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Vlookup on 2 files - inserting vlookup command on another command

Hello, i am trying to print group name column(etc/group) on script (etc/passwd) since group name is not listed on etc/passwd columns. Im trying to do a vlookup. but i cant figure out how i can insert the vlookup command FNR==NR inside the print out command or the output. I also tried exporting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joonisio
2 Replies
DB2_FIELD_NAME(3)							 1							 DB2_FIELD_NAME(3)

db2_field_name - Returns the name of the column in the result set

SYNOPSIS
string db2_field_name (resource $stmt, mixed $column) DESCRIPTION
Returns the name of the specified column in the result set. PARAMETERS
o $stmt - Specifies a statement resource containing a result set. o $column - Specifies the column in the result set. This can either be an integer representing the 0-indexed position of the column, or a string containing the name of the column. RETURN VALUES
Returns a string containing the name of the specified column. If the specified column does not exist in the result set, db2_field_name(3) returns FALSE. SEE ALSO
db2_field_display_size(3), db2_field_num(3), db2_field_precision(3), db2_field_scale(3), db2_field_type(3), db2_field_width(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_FIELD_NAME(3)