Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Send SMS to mobile
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Send SMS to mobile Post 303041542 by Peasant on Wednesday 27th of November 2019 11:43:37 AM
Old 11-27-2019
For DIY ... you can get a small ARM board with sim slot with linux installed.
Buy a sim card or make a contract, like for regular phone.

Using opensource software such as Gammu you can program your app to send sms via above little box.

Quote:
The Gammu package does not include just this binary, but as well Gammu SMS Daemon, Gammu library and Python bindings which you can use to develop own application accessing mobile phone.
Of course, you can always get a sms gateway service online, as suggested.

Hope that helps
Regards
Peasant.
These 4 Users Gave Thanks to Peasant For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

can anyone send sms application

actually i need this sms application ,to gain some knowledge in linux platform. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parvathy
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Send SMS from PC to mobile phones

Hi All, Can any expert provide me a guide on how i can send SMS from pc to mobile phone using VBA or some other language ? I am a newbie in networking. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raynon
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script which will run every 10minutes and Send SMS to mobile

Hello Genuis guys, I am running Aix5 and Oracle 9 on it. I have sql query which only count a particular rows. I need to prepare a script which will run that sql query every 10 minutes and if the ouput count is greate than 20. It will send SMS to mobile numbers. Need your kind help to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to send SMS

Hey guys I was wondering how to go about creating a bash script to send SMS..any ideas are appreciated.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackzeus
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to set up UNIX script to send sms on mobile

Hi All, Can anyone please help in setting up Unix script for sending text messages on mobile?? Actually scenario is we want notification when there is any failures in our processes or if any service goes down we must be notified by a text message on our mobile, we already have email... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NikhilM
3 Replies

6. AIX

send SMS via curl

I need from aix to send an SMS, you know if the command curl serves me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
3 Replies
GAMMU-SMSD-ODBC(7)						       Gammu							GAMMU-SMSD-ODBC(7)

NAME
gammu-smsd-odbc - gammu-smsd(1) backend using ODBC abstraction layer to use any supported database as a message storage DESCRIPTION
New in version 1.29.92. ODBC backend stores all data in any database supported by ODBC, which parameters are defined by configuration (see gammu-smsdrc for description of configuration options). For tables description see gammu-smsd-tables. This backend is based on gammu-smsd-sql. SUPPORTED DRIVERS
On Microsoft Windows, Gammu uses native ODBC, on other platforms, unixODBC can be used. LIMITATIONS
Due to limits of the ODBC interface, you might have to tweak SQL queries to work in used SQL server, see SQL Queries for more details. Partially this can be configured using SQL. CONFIGURATION
Before running gammu-smsd you need to create necessary tables in the database. You can use examples given in database specific backends parts of this manual to do that. You specify data source name (DSN) as Host in gammu-smsdrc. The data source is configured depending on your platform. On Microsoft Windows, you can find instructions on Microsoft website: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305599 For unixODBC this is documented in the user manual: http://www.unixodbc.org/doc/UserManual/ EXAMPLE
Example configuration: [smsd] service = sql driver = odbc host = dsn_of_your_database sql = sql_variant_to_use user = username password = password See also gammu-smsdrc AUTHOR
Michal iha <michal@cihar.com> COPYRIGHT
2009-2012, Michal iha <michal@cihar.com> 1.31.90 February 24, 2012 GAMMU-SMSD-ODBC(7)