Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sudo error on AIX 7.1
Operating Systems AIX Sudo error on AIX 7.1 Post 303041516 by RecoveryOne on Tuesday 26th of November 2019 02:56:23 PM
Old 11-26-2019
Not sure if applicable to you, but when I've had to install sudo on AIX I pull the packages directly from Todd's website:
Download Sudo

I've had so many issues with the toolkit that some packages are just better to install one off.

I will state, that if you obligations is to use sudo with One Identity, the files from sudo.ws will work.
This User Gave Thanks to RecoveryOne For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Install sudo on AIX 5.3

I'm trying to install sudo on AIX 5.3. I don't have a compiler on my machine, so I was trying to find a binary. The one found at http://www.bullfreeware.com/listaix52.html that is supposed to work for 5.3 even though it was compiled on 5.2. The issue is I'm new to AIX and could not figure out how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sphericon
3 Replies

2. AIX

Sudo error

I want give a user "sar" permission, so I modify the sudoers file: unix1 is the group for users can use sar command Cmnd_Alias RUN_SAR = /usr/sbin/sar User_Alias UNIX1_USERS = %unix1 UNIX1_USERS ALL = NOPASSWD:RUN_SAR However, when I run sar command, it shows: $ sar 1 4 sar: The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo su error

Hello, I am logging to a server using username 'test'. I want to execute some commands as user test2. When I am trying to run `sudo su - test2 -c 'ls'` it gives error user 'test' is not allowed to run sudo in host. But when I login into the account 'test2' using sudo su - test2 all these... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karayan
6 Replies

4. AIX

AIX 5.3 sudo bootinfo

I am trying to understand why I get "0" returned when I run the command sudo bootinfo -r. I know bootinfo isn't really supported in versions higher then AIX 4.2. I also know that instead of bootinfo -r I could use lsattr -El sys0 -a realmem | awk '{print $2}' and produce the same output as ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maverick9576
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

6. AIX

AIX 5.3 Using sudo to control smit

Does anyone have any experience using sudo to control smit on AIX 5.3? These are the smit commands that I want certain users to execute: # Cmnd alias specification Cmnd_Alias SMIT = /bin/smit hacmp, \ /bin/smit pxdam, \ /bin/smit cl_lsuser, \ /bin/smit cl_users, \ /bin/smit cl_passwd ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tharrieswk
5 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

sudo - AIX - User privilege specification

I am planning to implement sudo for users. Under , it looks I have to put the users who need to have sudo access: What are the recommended for users? I don't think I need to give the ALL privilege (i.e ) to AIX users. I'd like to know the commonly used privilege specification for sudo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error in Sudo

Hi, I have installed sudo on Solaris 10 (sparc). When I try to add a user I get the following: -bash-3.00$ sudo addusr scarlet sudo sudo: /usr/local/etc/sudoers.d is owned by uid 2, should be 0 Password: I entered a password, thinking it was for the sudo user but it failed. Then I entered the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scarlet
3 Replies

9. AIX

AIX - remote shell (sudo) - signal 11 core system 50

Hi, I am running a remote shell from site A to site B, where both are AIX. The remote shell starts other application, and when it finishes, it returns to the site A. The problem is that I am receiving an error signal 11 and system core error 50 - segmentation fault. Does anyone know if there are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: brjohnsmith
6 Replies

10. Solaris

SUDO error in Solaris: auth.error] fork

I cannot solve the following error bellow. Can someone help me on this please? Mar 31 07:08:45 serverx sudo: fork Mar 31 07:18:50 serverx sudo: fork Mar 31 07:28:45 serverx sudo: fork Mar 31 07:38:47 serverx sudo: fork Mar 31 07:48:45 serverx sudo: fork Mar 31 07:58:45 serverx... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pangarano
1 Replies
csp_helper(1)							  USER COMMANDS 						     csp_helper(1)

NAME
      csp_helper - A collection of caspar helper scripts

SYNOPSIS
      csp_install dir (directory) file (file)

csp_mkdircp dir (directory) file (file)

csp_scp_keep_mode h ([user@]host) dir (directory) file (file)

csp_sucp h ([user@]host) dir (directory) file (file)

DESCRIPTION
      The  scripts  csp_install,  csp_mkdircp,	csp_scp_keep_mode  and csp_sucp are helpers for caspar(7). These scripts typically are not invoked
      directly, but via a Makefile which uses caspar. See the notes on	csp_PUSH  in  caspar(7)  for  information  on  how  to	link  csp_install,
      csp_scp_keep_mode and csp_sucp to caspar.

install DESCRIPTION
      csp_install creates the required directory (if needed) and installs the file, preserving timestamps. It uses install(1).

install EXAMPLES
       csp_INSTALL_OPTIONS='--owner=www-data --group=www-data' 
	csp_INSTALL_MODE=ugo=r 
	csp_install /srv/www index.html

csp_INSTALL_MODE=u=rwx,go= csp_install /usr/local/sbin mkpasswd

install ENVIRONMENT
      csp_install honors csp_INSTALL_OPTIONS and csp_INSTALL_MODE (default is u=rw,go=r).

mkdircp DESCRIPTION
      csp_mkdircp calls mkdir(1) and cp(1).

scp_keep_mode DESCRIPTION
      csp_scp_keep_mode  uses  ssh to copy a file to a remote host, keeping its file permission mode. The trick used is a combination of mktemp(1)
      and mv(1).  Useful if you'd like to be sure a file gets installed e.g. group writable, without fiddling with permission bits on  the  remote
      host.

scp_keep_mode EXAMPLE
	chmod g+w rc
	csp_scp_keep_mode root@gandalf /etc/uruk rc

scp_keep_mode ENVIRONMENT
      csp_scp_keep_mode honors csp_SSH ("ssh" by default).

sucp DESCRIPTION
      csp_sucp calls cat(1) from within sudo(1) from within ssh(1). This allows one to copy files to accounts on hosts one can only reach by call-
      ing sudo on the ssh-reachable remote host.

Typically, one wants to install a root-owned file, but one does not want to allow access to the root-account directly  from  ssh.  Typically
      sudo is used as an extra line of defense.

sucp EXAMPLES
      Some examples:

csp_sucp rms@bilbo /etc fstab

csp_sucp monty-python commit/ trailer.txt

sucp BUGS
      If  NOPASSWD  is	not  set in the sudoers(5) file, and one's timestamp is expired, csp_sucp will forward the sudo password prompt. The given
      password will be echoed on the console!

AUTHOR
      Joost van Baal-Ili

SEE ALSO
      caspar(7) The caspar homepage is at http://mdcc.cx/caspar/ .

csp_helper 20120514						      14 mai 2012						       csp_helper(1)