Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sudo error on AIX 7.1
Operating Systems AIX Sudo error on AIX 7.1 Post 303041491 by System Admin 77 on Monday 25th of November 2019 04:51:59 PM
Old 11-25-2019
Update: Re-installed sudo in the same way.

Code:
[root@AIXLPAR]/>ls -ltr /opt/freeware/libexec/sudo/sudoers.so
-rw-r--r--    1 root     system      2262416 Sep 12 06:26 /opt/freeware/libexec/sudo/sudoers.so

[root@AIXLPAR]/>which sudo
/usr/bin/sudo
[root@AIXLPAR]/>/usr/bin/sudo -V
Sudo version 1.8.27
Configure options: --prefix=/opt/freeware --sbindir=/opt/freeware/sbin --libdir=/opt/freeware/lib --mandir=/opt/freeware/man --with-logging=syslog --with-logfac=auth --with-pam --with-pam-login --with-env-editor --with-ignore-dot --with-aixauth --with-tty-tickets --with-ldap --with-ldap-conf-file=/opt/freeware/etc/openldap/ldap.conf
sudo: error in /etc/sudo.conf, line 0 while loading plugin "sudoers_policy"
sudo: unable to load /opt/freeware/libexec/sudo/sudoers.so:     0509-022 Cannot load module /opt/freeware/lib/libldap.a(libldap-2.4.so.2).
        0509-150   Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libssl.a(libssl.so) could not be loaded.
        0509-152   Member libssl.so is not found in archive
        0509-022 Cannot load module /opt/freeware/libexec/sudo/sudoers.so.
        0509-150   Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libldap.a(libldap-2.4.so.2) could not be loaded.
sudo: fatal error, unable to load plugins
[root@AIXLPAR]/>

--- Post updated at 05:51 PM ---

@Neo

please see the below output

Code:
[root@AIXLPAR]/>ls -l /opt/freeware/libexec/sudo/
total 10000
-rw-r--r--    1 root     system         1008 Sep 12 06:26 group_file.la
-rw-r--r--    1 root     system       480311 Sep 12 06:26 group_file.so
-rw-r--r--    1 root     system          990 Sep 12 06:26 libsudo_util.la
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     system           21 Nov 25 16:41 libsudo_util.so -> libsudo_util.so.0.0.0
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     system           21 Nov 25 16:41 libsudo_util.so.0 -> libsudo_util.so.0.0.0
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     system      1422797 Sep 12 06:26 libsudo_util.so.0.0.0
-rw-r--r--    1 root     system          953 Sep 12 06:27 sudo_noexec.la
-rw-r--r--    1 root     system       474192 Sep 12 06:27 sudo_noexec.so
-rw-r--r--    1 root     system         1018 Sep 12 06:26 sudoers.la
-rw-r--r--    1 root     system      2262416 Sep 12 06:26 sudoers.so
-rw-r--r--    1 root     system         1020 Sep 12 06:27 system_group.la
-rw-r--r--    1 root     system       449242 Sep 12 06:27 system_group.so
[root@AIXLPAR]/>

Code:
[root@AIXLPAR]/>lslpp -l | grep -i "ldap"
[root@AIXLPAR]/>rpm -qa | grep -i "ldap"
openldap-2.4.45-1.ppc
[root@AIXLPAR]/>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Install sudo on AIX 5.3

I'm trying to install sudo on AIX 5.3. I don't have a compiler on my machine, so I was trying to find a binary. The one found at http://www.bullfreeware.com/listaix52.html that is supposed to work for 5.3 even though it was compiled on 5.2. The issue is I'm new to AIX and could not figure out how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sphericon
3 Replies

2. AIX

Sudo error

I want give a user "sar" permission, so I modify the sudoers file: unix1 is the group for users can use sar command Cmnd_Alias RUN_SAR = /usr/sbin/sar User_Alias UNIX1_USERS = %unix1 UNIX1_USERS ALL = NOPASSWD:RUN_SAR However, when I run sar command, it shows: $ sar 1 4 sar: The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo su error

Hello, I am logging to a server using username 'test'. I want to execute some commands as user test2. When I am trying to run `sudo su - test2 -c 'ls'` it gives error user 'test' is not allowed to run sudo in host. But when I login into the account 'test2' using sudo su - test2 all these... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karayan
6 Replies

4. AIX

AIX 5.3 sudo bootinfo

I am trying to understand why I get "0" returned when I run the command sudo bootinfo -r. I know bootinfo isn't really supported in versions higher then AIX 4.2. I also know that instead of bootinfo -r I could use lsattr -El sys0 -a realmem | awk '{print $2}' and produce the same output as ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maverick9576
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

6. AIX

AIX 5.3 Using sudo to control smit

Does anyone have any experience using sudo to control smit on AIX 5.3? These are the smit commands that I want certain users to execute: # Cmnd alias specification Cmnd_Alias SMIT = /bin/smit hacmp, \ /bin/smit pxdam, \ /bin/smit cl_lsuser, \ /bin/smit cl_users, \ /bin/smit cl_passwd ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tharrieswk
5 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

sudo - AIX - User privilege specification

I am planning to implement sudo for users. Under , it looks I have to put the users who need to have sudo access: What are the recommended for users? I don't think I need to give the ALL privilege (i.e ) to AIX users. I'd like to know the commonly used privilege specification for sudo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error in Sudo

Hi, I have installed sudo on Solaris 10 (sparc). When I try to add a user I get the following: -bash-3.00$ sudo addusr scarlet sudo sudo: /usr/local/etc/sudoers.d is owned by uid 2, should be 0 Password: I entered a password, thinking it was for the sudo user but it failed. Then I entered the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scarlet
3 Replies

9. AIX

AIX - remote shell (sudo) - signal 11 core system 50

Hi, I am running a remote shell from site A to site B, where both are AIX. The remote shell starts other application, and when it finishes, it returns to the site A. The problem is that I am receiving an error signal 11 and system core error 50 - segmentation fault. Does anyone know if there are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: brjohnsmith
6 Replies

10. Solaris

SUDO error in Solaris: auth.error] fork

I cannot solve the following error bellow. Can someone help me on this please? Mar 31 07:08:45 serverx sudo: fork Mar 31 07:18:50 serverx sudo: fork Mar 31 07:28:45 serverx sudo: fork Mar 31 07:38:47 serverx sudo: fork Mar 31 07:48:45 serverx sudo: fork Mar 31 07:58:45 serverx... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pangarano
1 Replies
nx_server_selinux(8)				      nx_server SELinux Policy documentation				      nx_server_selinux(8)

NAME
nx_server_r - nx_server user role - Security Enhanced Linux Policy DESCRIPTION
SELinux supports Roles Based Access Control (RBAC), some Linux roles are login roles, while other roles need to be transition into. Note: Examples in this man page will use the staff_u SELinux user. Non login roles are usually used for administrative tasks. For example, tasks that require root privileges. Roles control which types a user can run processes with. Roles often have default types assigned to them. The default type for the nx_server_r role is nx_server_t. The newrole program to transition directly to this role. newrole -r nx_server_r -t nx_server_t sudo is the preferred method to do transition from one role to another. You setup sudo to transition to nx_server_r by adding a similar line to the /etc/sudoers file. USERNAME ALL=(ALL) ROLE=nx_server_r TYPE=nx_server_t COMMAND sudo will run COMMAND as staff_u:nx_server_r:nx_server_t:LEVEL When using a a non login role, you need to setup SELinux so that your SELinux user can reach nx_server_r role. Execute the following to see all of the assigned SELinux roles: semanage user -l You need to add nx_server_r to the staff_u user. You could setup the staff_u user to be able to use the nx_server_r role with a command like: $ semanage user -m -R 'staff_r system_r nx_server_r' staff_u BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is customizable based on least access required. nx_server policy is extremely flexible and has several booleans that allow you to manipulate the policy and run nx_server with the tightest access possible. If you want to deny any process from ptracing or debugging any other processes, you must turn on the deny_ptrace boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P deny_ptrace 1 If you want to allow all domains to use other domains file descriptors, you must turn on the domain_fd_use boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P domain_fd_use 1 If you want to allow all domains to have the kernel load modules, you must turn on the domain_kernel_load_modules boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P domain_kernel_load_modules 1 If you want to allow all domains to execute in fips_mode, you must turn on the fips_mode boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P fips_mode 1 If you want to enable reading of urandom for all domains, you must turn on the global_ssp boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P global_ssp 1 MANAGED FILES
The SELinux process type nx_server_t can manage files labeled with the following file types. The paths listed are the default paths for these file types. Note the processes UID still need to have DAC permissions. nx_server_home_ssh_t /opt/NX/home/nx/.ssh(/.*)? /usr/NX/home/nx/.ssh(/.*)? /var/lib/nxserver/home/.ssh(/.*)? nx_server_tmp_t nx_server_var_lib_t /opt/NX/home(/.*)? /usr/NX/home(/.*)? /var/lib/nxserver(/.*)? nx_server_var_run_t /opt/NX/var(/.*)? ssh_home_t /var/lib/[^/]+/.ssh(/.*)? /root/.ssh(/.*)? /var/lib/one/.ssh(/.*)? /var/lib/pgsql/.ssh(/.*)? /var/lib/openshift/[^/]+/.ssh(/.*)? /var/lib/amanda/.ssh(/.*)? /var/lib/stickshift/[^/]+/.ssh(/.*)? /var/lib/gitolite/.ssh(/.*)? /var/lib/nocpulse/.ssh(/.*)? /var/lib/gitolite3/.ssh(/.*)? /var/lib/openshift/gear/[^/]+/.ssh(/.*)? /root/.shosts /home/[^/]*/.ssh(/.*)? /home/[^/]*/.ansible/cp/.* /home/[^/]*/.shosts COMMANDS
semanage fcontext can also be used to manipulate default file context mappings. semanage permissive can also be used to manipulate whether or not a process type is permissive. semanage module can also be used to enable/disable/install/remove policy modules. semanage boolean can also be used to manipulate the booleans system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was auto-generated using sepolicy manpage . SEE ALSO
selinux(8), nx_server(8), semanage(8), restorecon(8), chcon(1), sepolicy(8) , setsebool(8), nx_server_ssh_selinux(8), nx_server_ssh_selinux(8) mgrepl@redhat.com nx_server nx_server_selinux(8)