Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sudo error on AIX 7.1
Operating Systems AIX Sudo error on AIX 7.1 Post 303041422 by vbe on Saturday 23rd of November 2019 07:28:14 AM
Old 11-23-2019
I am surprised by:
Code:
[root@LPAR]/>ls -ltr /opt/freeware/lib/libssl.a
-rw-r--r--    1 root     system      4477977 Jun 11 2012  /opt/freeware/lib/libssl.a

I am not sure that at that date you had AIX 7.1
I suggest you read this link:
Bull Freeware
Erreur OpenSSL lors de la MAJ 7.1TL5-SP1-1731 - www.ahix.fr
As I wonder if your issue is something of the sort...

Last edited by vbe; 11-23-2019 at 08:53 AM.. Reason: typos
This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Install sudo on AIX 5.3

I'm trying to install sudo on AIX 5.3. I don't have a compiler on my machine, so I was trying to find a binary. The one found at http://www.bullfreeware.com/listaix52.html that is supposed to work for 5.3 even though it was compiled on 5.2. The issue is I'm new to AIX and could not figure out how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sphericon
3 Replies

2. AIX

Sudo error

I want give a user "sar" permission, so I modify the sudoers file: unix1 is the group for users can use sar command Cmnd_Alias RUN_SAR = /usr/sbin/sar User_Alias UNIX1_USERS = %unix1 UNIX1_USERS ALL = NOPASSWD:RUN_SAR However, when I run sar command, it shows: $ sar 1 4 sar: The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo su error

Hello, I am logging to a server using username 'test'. I want to execute some commands as user test2. When I am trying to run `sudo su - test2 -c 'ls'` it gives error user 'test' is not allowed to run sudo in host. But when I login into the account 'test2' using sudo su - test2 all these... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karayan
6 Replies

4. AIX

AIX 5.3 sudo bootinfo

I am trying to understand why I get "0" returned when I run the command sudo bootinfo -r. I know bootinfo isn't really supported in versions higher then AIX 4.2. I also know that instead of bootinfo -r I could use lsattr -El sys0 -a realmem | awk '{print $2}' and produce the same output as ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maverick9576
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

6. AIX

AIX 5.3 Using sudo to control smit

Does anyone have any experience using sudo to control smit on AIX 5.3? These are the smit commands that I want certain users to execute: # Cmnd alias specification Cmnd_Alias SMIT = /bin/smit hacmp, \ /bin/smit pxdam, \ /bin/smit cl_lsuser, \ /bin/smit cl_users, \ /bin/smit cl_passwd ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tharrieswk
5 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

sudo - AIX - User privilege specification

I am planning to implement sudo for users. Under , it looks I have to put the users who need to have sudo access: What are the recommended for users? I don't think I need to give the ALL privilege (i.e ) to AIX users. I'd like to know the commonly used privilege specification for sudo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error in Sudo

Hi, I have installed sudo on Solaris 10 (sparc). When I try to add a user I get the following: -bash-3.00$ sudo addusr scarlet sudo sudo: /usr/local/etc/sudoers.d is owned by uid 2, should be 0 Password: I entered a password, thinking it was for the sudo user but it failed. Then I entered the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scarlet
3 Replies

9. AIX

AIX - remote shell (sudo) - signal 11 core system 50

Hi, I am running a remote shell from site A to site B, where both are AIX. The remote shell starts other application, and when it finishes, it returns to the site A. The problem is that I am receiving an error signal 11 and system core error 50 - segmentation fault. Does anyone know if there are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: brjohnsmith
6 Replies

10. Solaris

SUDO error in Solaris: auth.error] fork

I cannot solve the following error bellow. Can someone help me on this please? Mar 31 07:08:45 serverx sudo: fork Mar 31 07:18:50 serverx sudo: fork Mar 31 07:28:45 serverx sudo: fork Mar 31 07:38:47 serverx sudo: fork Mar 31 07:48:45 serverx sudo: fork Mar 31 07:58:45 serverx... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pangarano
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)