Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Bash script problems int to binary Post 303041405 by rbatte1 on Friday 22nd of November 2019 10:53:14 AM
Old 11-22-2019
One wonders why if this is not homework.

How about using what's already available and set the length like this:-
Code:
#!/bin/bash

number_in=123
length=20              # Perhaps this is ridiculous, but it proves the point.

number_out=$(echo "obase=2 ; print $number_in" | bc)
printf "%0${length}d\n" "${number_out}"

I hope that this helps,
Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

int open(const char *pathname, int flags, mode_t mode) doubt...

hello everybody! I want to create a file with permissions for read, write, and execute to everybody using C, so I write this code: #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <fcntl.h> int main(){ int fileDescriptor; fileDescriptor =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csnmgeek
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unzip via bash startup script problems

i have two lines in my rc.local file that are wget -O/<path>/<file>.zip url://domain.com unzip -o /<path>/<file>.zip the wget works fine, but the unzip won't work. when i copy/pase the unzip line to the prompt it works fine. i thought that maybe the unzip was running before the wget... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: easysnowboards
0 Replies

3. Programming

Handle int listen(int sockfd, int backlog) in TCP

Hi, from the manual listen(2): listen for connections on socket - Linux man page It has a parameter called backlog and it limits the maximum length of queue of pending list. If I set backlog to 128, is it means no more than 128 packets can be handled by server? If I have three... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehang
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems editing file with awk in bash script

Hello dear users, here I have a script to manipulate .csv files that are like this originally: And I need to make a script to delete certain fields. Each field is separated with a comma. So, here is my script (at least a part of it): Field $1 is composed of a name, and then a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sr00t
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Problems with bash script

Hello, can someone please help me to fix this script, I have a 2 files, one file has hostname information and second file has console information of the hosts in each line, I have written a script which actually reads each line in hostname file and should grep in the console file and paste the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problems with BASH Shell Script

Hi I need help with my coding , first time I'm working with bash . What i must do is check if there is 3 .txt files if there is not 3 of them i must give an error code , if al three is there i must first arrange them in alphabetical order and then take the last word in al 3 of the .txt files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linux newb
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell script: Str(007) to int(7),increment it(8) & convert back to string(008)

Hi, I have the following requirement. There will be following text/line in a file (eg: search-build.txt) PRODUCT_VERSION="V:01.002.007.Build1234" I need to update the incremental build number (eg here 007) every time I give a build through script. I am able to search the string and get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drwatson_droid
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script error with binary operator expected.

Hello, I am not sure, where I am missing in the scirpt, I am trying to grep few users from /etc/passwd file and if exists, I added line to echo as user exist, if not create it. #!/bin/bash for vid in v707 z307 z496 z163 z292 ; do if then echo " $vid User exists " else ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script having variable substitution problems

Hi I am setting the variables like this : setenv MODULE1 modem5__3 setenv MODULE2 modem5__2 setenv MODULE3 modem_ctrl_1_1 setenv MODULE4 modem_1_0 setenv COUNT 10 I am having a bash script as shown below ################################################ #!/bin/bash for ((... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed problems - Bash Script

Hi I keep getting the following error sed: -e expression #1, char 32: unterminated `s' command sed: -e expression #1, char 35: unterminated `s' command sed: -e expression #1, char 35: unterminated `s' command whenever I use the following bash script #! /bin/bash... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spbr
2 Replies
_decodebinary64(3M)													       _decodebinary64(3M)

NAME
_decodebinary64(), _decodebinary128(), _decodebinary32() - decode binary-encoded decimal data SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
There are two standard bit-encodings for decimal floating-point data: binary and decimal. Both encoding provide exactly the same data (analogous to big endian and little endian encodings). The HP-UX decimal floating-point types use the binary encoding. The function decodes x, interpreted as a binary-encoded 64-bit decimal datum, into the encoding for is a version of it takes a argument and returns a result. is a version of it takes a argument and returns a result. These math functions are supported for HP-UX 11i Version 3 September 2008 Update and forward. USAGE
To use any of these functions, compile with the option. Make sure your program defines and then includes Link in the math library by specifying or on the linking command line. For more information, see the at the following site: RETURN VALUE
returns x in the encoding for raises no exceptions. ERRORS
No errors are defined. SEE ALSO
_decodedecimal64(3M), _encodebinary64(3M), _encodedecimal64(3M, math(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
These functions are not specified in any standard. HP Integrity Server Only _decodebinary64(3M)