Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting View all jar files contents in one go ? Post 303041383 by Scrutinizer on Friday 22nd of November 2019 03:27:42 AM
Old 11-22-2019
jar tvf can only take one archive as parameter, so try:
Code:
find . -name '*.jar' | xargs -n 1 jar tvf

This will break if there are spaces in directory or file names

You could also try:
Code:
find . -name '*.jar' -exec jar tvf {} \;

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 11-22-2019 at 04:33 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to view contents of a directory

Hi, first post here be gentle. Very new to Unix. Using HP-UX 10.20 I CD into a remote directory on one machine $ cd /net/remote hostname yet when I do an ll in this directory none of the contents appear. It just is empty. when I do the same command from another machine, $ cd... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddave
13 Replies

2. Programming

view contents of shared library

Hi , i have two doubts in Hp-Ux 1) How to View objects or contents in a shared library in HP-Ux 2) Can i added a c object file to the existing shared file from a different directory . for example : I have two directories X and Y I have a.o b.o c.o object files in X directory I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren_chella
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab not recognizing the jar files

Hi All, I am using crontab which execute a shell script. In the shell script, I am executing a java program. This Java program requires the jar files. The cron job file ' cronfile.txt ' contents: MAILTO="raju_utla@dcis.uohyd.ernet.in" 0-59 * * * *... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajuutla
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Differences between jar files

I want to find the difference between two jar files sitting on a sun box. How do I do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: runnerpaul
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

[Solved] How to view the contents of the .depot files

Hi, I have one depot file. I would want to view the contents of this file with out extracting and with out installing in a machine. Like for $rpm -qlp rpmfilename will list out all the files in a rpm. Like I would want a command to view the files from a .depot file. I tried with swlist... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skmdu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

trying to view contents of an existing script

root#pwd /opt/tools root# cat check_traffic /opt/tools/utils/commands $1 /opt/tools/utils/DIR/check_traffic root# cat /opt/tools/utils/DIR/check_traffic gew "check_traffic -v" Hi above script works for checking traffic for an ip address im trying to view the check_traffic script by... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashbash
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using vim to view the contents of a directory

When I use this command: vi /home/bob/.vimI expect to see. " ============================================================================ " Netrw Directory Listing (netrw v149) " /home/bob/.vim " Sorted by name " Sort sequence:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get CRC check sum of files in java EAR file without extracting .jar/.war files to disk.?

unzip -v gives CRC info of each file in a zip(in my case .EAR) file. # unzip -v my-application.ear Archive: my-application.ear Length Method Size Cmpr Date Time CRC-32 Name -------- ------ ------- ---- ---------- ----- -------- ---- 197981 Defl:N 183708 7%... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

View file contents created by dbCAmplicons as tab delimited

I have run the following command : od -c Results_May18.fixrank | head Here is the result. I wanted the results in tab delimited. Thanks $ od -c Results_May18.fixrank | head 0000000 M 0 1 6 0 1 : 1 2 9 : 0 0 0 0 0 0000020 0 0 0 0 - A T T D Y ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Benard
2 Replies
extcheck(1)						      General Commands Manual						       extcheck(1)

NAME
extcheck - jar conflict detection utility SYNOPSIS
extcheck [ -verbose ] [ -Joption ] targetfile.jar DESCRIPTION
The extcheck utility checks a specified jar file for title and version conflicts with any extensions installed in the JDK software. Before installing an extension, you can use this utility to see if the same or a more recent version of the extension is already installed. The extcheck utility compares the Specification-title and Specification-version headers in the manifest of targetfile.jar file against the corresponding headers in all Jar files currently installed in the extension directory. (The extension directory is jre/lib/ext by default.) The extcheck utility compares version numbers in the same way as the method java.lang.Package.isCompatibleWith. If no conflict is detected, the return code is 0. If the manifest of any jar file in the extensions directory has the same Specification-title and the same or a newer Specification-version number, a non-zero error code is returned. A non-zero error code is also returned if targetfile.jar does not have the Specification-title or Specification-version attributes in its manifest. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -verbose Lists jar files in the extension directory as they are checked. Additionally, manifest attributes of the target jar file and any conflicting jar files are also reported. -Joption Pass option to the Java virtual machine, where option is one of the options described on the man page for the java applica- tion launcher, java(1). For example, -J-Xms48m sets the startup memory to 48 megabytes. SEE ALSO
jar(1) 13 June 2000 extcheck(1)