Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Limitations of 'pdftotext' in Linux... Post 303041314 by Neo on Thursday 21st of November 2019 06:52:44 AM
Old 11-21-2019
The file is more-than-likely corrupted. but we need more info.

Have you ran that PDF file though a PDF checker, like this one:

Code:
https://www.datalogics.com/products/pdftools/pdf-checker/

That site will provide you a zip file with the text results.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mkdir limitations

What characters can't be used with a mkdir? Any limits on length of name? Thank you, Randy M. Zeitman http://www.StoneRoseDesign.com (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: flignar
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

csplit limitations

I am trying to use the csplit file on a file that contains records that have more than 2048 characters on a line. The resultant split file seems to ignore the rest of the line and I lose the data. Is there any way that csplit can handle record lengths greater than 2048? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravagga
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

pdftotext / PDF conversion to .txt binaries

Good day, I've been trying to look for a way to compile the Xpdf sources in our HP-UX server, but have been failing to do so because there is no GCC installed, and I don't have privileges to install GCC. I was looking for a functionality to convert PDF files to .txt, which is exactly like the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mike_s_6
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

gnuplot limitations

I'm running a simulation (programmed in C) which makes calls to gnuplot periodically to plot data I have stored. First I open a pipe to gnuplot and set it to multiplot: FILE * pipe = popen("gnuplot", "w"); fprintf(pipe, "set multiplot\n"); fflush(pipe); (this pipe stays open until the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sedavidw
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Limitations on the partition of linux

Hi, I need a documentation about limitations on the linux partition. On how many primary and extended I could create. And also on different type of storage, how many big capacity I can create. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic problem with pdftotext

Hi, I have used pdftotext with good results in the past, but today for some reason I keep getting the same error message. My command is as follows: And the error message is I am using Vmware player with Ubuntu server, but I don't think that is causing this issue as I have been using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joq
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Eth0 Limitations

Hi, I have noticed some performance issues on my RHEL5 server but the memory and CPU utilization on the box is fine. I have a 1G full duplexed eth0 card and I am suspicious that this may be causing the problem. My eth0 settings are as follows: Settings for eth0: Supported ports: ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
12 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris limitations

Hi, I recently started working with Solaris, and what I noticed is that a lot of commands I used to regularly use don't work, like sed -i and grep -r. I have found work arounds for these problems though but it's a pain in the ass. I'm just wondering why they decided not to include these handy... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subbeh
4 Replies

9. Linux

Linux partitions and limitations

In recently reading an article on linux basics before I embark and my personal installation project I came across this passage - IDE drives have three types of partition: primary, logical, and extended. The partition table is located in the master boot record (MBR) of a disk. The MBR is the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Synchlavier
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pdftotext from multiple pdf files to a single text file

I have a directory having a number of pdf files. I want to convert all the files to text, stored in a single text file The following creates multiple text files ls *.pdf | xargs -n1 pdftotext (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies
pdfseparate(1)						      General Commands Manual						    pdfseparate(1)

NAME
pdfseparate - Portable Document Format (PDF) page extractor SYNOPSIS
pdfseparate [options] PDF-file PDF-page-pattern DESCRIPTION
pdfseparate extract single pages from a Portable Document Format (PDF). pdfseparate reads the PDF file PDF-file, extracts one or more pages, and writes one PDF file for each page to PDF-page-pattern, PDF-page- pattern should contain %d. %d is replaced by the page number. The PDF-file should not be encrypted. OPTIONS
-f number Specifies the first page to extract. If -f is omitted, extraction starts with page 1. -l number Specifies the last page to extract. If -l is omitted, extraction ends with the last page. -v Print copyright and version information. -h Print usage information. (-help and --help are equivalent.) EXAMPLE
pdfseparate sample.pdf sample-%d.pdf extracts all pages from sample.pdf, if i.e. sample.pdf has 3 pages, it produces sample-1.pdf, sample-2.pdf, sample-3.pdf AUTHOR
The pdfseparate software and documentation are copyright 1996-2004 Glyph & Cog, LLC and copyright 2005-2011 The Poppler Developers - http://poppler.freedesktop.org SEE ALSO
pdfunite(1), 15 September 2011 pdfseparate(1)