Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Print strings from a particular position in each line Post 303041202 by apmcd47 on Monday 18th of November 2019 04:33:24 AM
Old 11-18-2019
Two stage process not using ls:
Code:
for f in status_*.log
do
   f1="${%*_}
   printf "%s\n" "${f1#.log}"
done

Which can be written as a single line:
Code:
for f in status_*.log; do f1="${%*_}; printf "%s\n" "${f1#.log}"; done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert strings at certain position

Hi, I need to insert strings "0000 00" at the each line within the file. The postion is 37 to 42. ex. name1 name2 0000 00 nam name 0000 00 The "0000 00" in two lines should be lined up. I don't know why it's not lined up when I posted it. Can anyone help? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding character mismatch position in two strings

Hello, I would like to find an efficient way to compare a pair of strings that differ at one position, and return the difference and position. For example: String1 123456789 String2 123454789 returning something - position 6, 6/4 Thanks in advance, Mike (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: etherite
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find a position and print some string in the next and same position

I need a script for... how to find a position of column data and print some string in the next line and same position position should find based on *HEADER8* in text for ex: ord123 abs 123 987HEADER89 test234 ord124 abc 124 987HEADER88 test235 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveenkcl
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for multiple strings in specific position

Hi, I need to search for some strings in specific positions in a file. If the strings: "foo1", "foo2" or "foo3" is on position 266 or position 288 in a file i want the whole line printed. Any idea how to do it? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: HugoH
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search in specific position and print the whole line

I have two files abc.dat and sant.dat (Big file 60k rows) for every line's 1,4 of abc.dat need to seach if this is present on 28,4 of sant.dat every line. if its present the output needs to go to bde.dat Example: contents abc.dat aaaa bbbb cccc dddd contents sant.dat this is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssantoshss
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep a string and print strings on that line

i have a file like below ABS 12234 A C 12G CFY 23865 A C 34D i want to grep "A C" then print ABS 12G 12234 CFY 34D 23865 Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with finding matching position on strings

I have a DNA file like below and I am able to write a short program which finds/not an input motif, but I dont understand how I can include in the code to report which position the motif was found. Example I want to find the first or all "GAT" motifs and want the program to report which position... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print few strings in a line?

I have one script which gave final output as the below statment. Successfully added Nomination Petition Manifest to the Content Manager. Now i want a sed statement which will search for this statement in any given file and print only Nomination Petition Manifest. I don't want to hardcore... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vikram_Tanwar12
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the complete line based on position as input

Hi , I have a text file like below abcd2223232321212121324343 asdsfffhfgfgfhgfhghghghghghgh dfdfdfgfghfgfgfgfgfgghghghghgh dfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdf 1234567890sasasasfdfbffghffhf abcd222323232121212abcdsds in the above file i need to grep and print the lines if 14th to 18th... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravindj80
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need command or script to print all lines from 2nd position to last but one position

hi guys, i want command or script to display the content of file from 2nd position to last but one position of a file abcdefghdasdasdsd 123,345,678,345,323 434,656,656,656,656 678,878,878,989,545 4565656667,65656 i want to display the same above file without first and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)