Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Python: Refer a properties file from different location Post 303041198 by Neo on Monday 18th of November 2019 02:28:43 AM
Old 11-18-2019
Try the full path without this built-in prefix:

Code:
os.path.realpath(__file__)

Like this:

Code:
sys.path.append("", "/path/to/config")

Does something like that work?

Might be a good idea to print this, when debugging:

Code:
os.path.realpath(__file__)

This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Depot file properties

Hi How can we identify the informations like Author, meta data, dependency and other information from a depot file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sethumadhavan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File properties

Hi , I do have a line in my code as follows: if ] ; then ... else ... fi What does the -z does ? Similarly there is -s in some other part of the code. I guess there are many options like this.. Can anybody please tell what all options are available and what do they mean ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: risshanth
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Refer a remote file

I need to refer a remote(present on another unix server) directory from my unix machine as a local file. e.g. I have one directory D1 on 10.10.10.10 and i need to access files in this directory just like they are present on my unix machine 20.20.20.20. Is there any way out... i read a bit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blackeyed
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put one string from one location to another location in a file

Hi Everyone, I have 1.txt here a b c' funny"yes"; d e The finally output is: here a b c d e' funny"yes"; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading in properties file

Hi Am new to this scripting stuff so bear with me. I got a script made now that reads in a properties file. The properties file is in the following format: 256= Bos, Sea, FRa 128= HEL I want to be able to read in each line of the file and split out the letter fields by the numbered field. This... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsekvsek
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File created in a different location instead of desired location on using crontab

Hi, I am logging to a linux server through a user "user1" in /home directory. There is a script in a directory in 'root' for which all permissions are available including the directory. This script when executed creates a file in the directory. When the script is added to crontab, on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: archana.n
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy a file from one location to another location?

I have file file1.txt in location 'loc1'. Now i want a copy of this file in location 'loc2' with a new file called test.txt. Please help me how to do this in shell script. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hot to retrieve *.sql file names which we refer in .sh file.

Hi Guys, How to retrieve/get *.sql file names which we refer in all *.sh files. Can any one help me on this. Thanks, Kolipaka (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmanrk811
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How to refer to input file in code?

This may be a dumb question, but googling is not giving me an answer. I'm trying to figure out how to refer to an input file in my code. Lets say i run a script in bash: "sh shellscript.sh inputfile" (Inputfile will be variable...whatever file i run the script on) I wanted to make... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato22
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a existing file location and directory location in Solaris box?

Hi This is my third past and very impressed with previous post replies Hoping the same for below query How to find a existing file location and directory location in solaris box (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buzzme
1 Replies
DH_PYTHON(1)							     Debhelper							      DH_PYTHON(1)

NAME
dh_python - calculates Python dependencies and adds postinst and prerm Python scripts (deprecated) SYNOPSIS
dh_python [debhelperoptions] [-n] [-V version] [moduledirs...] DESCRIPTION
Note: This program is deprecated. You should use dh_pysupport or dh_pycentral instead. This program will do nothing if debian/pycompat or a Python-Version control file field exists. dh_python is a debhelper program that is responsible for generating the ${python:Depends} substitutions and adding them to substvars files. It will also add a postinst and a prerm script if required. The program will look at Python scripts and modules in your package, and will use this information to generate a dependency on python, with the current major version, or on pythonX.Y if your scripts or modules need a specific python version. The dependency will be substituted into your package's control file wherever you place the token ${python:Depends}. If some modules need to be byte-compiled at install time, appropriate postinst and prerm scripts will be generated. If already byte- compiled modules are found, they are removed. If you use this program, your package should build-depend on python. OPTIONS
module dirs If your package installs Python modules in non-standard directories, you can make dh_python check those directories by passing their names on the command line. By default, it will check /usr/lib/site-python, /usr/lib/$PACKAGE, /usr/share/$PACKAGE, /usr/lib/games/$PACKAGE, /usr/share/games/$PACKAGE and /usr/lib/python?.?/site-packages. Note: only /usr/lib/site-python, /usr/lib/python?.?/site-packages and the extra names on the command line are searched for binary (.so) modules. -V version If the .py files your package ships are meant to be used by a specific pythonX.Y version, you can use this option to specify the desired version, such as 2.3. Do not use if you ship modules in /usr/lib/site-python. -n, --noscripts Do not modify postinst/prerm scripts. CONFORMS TO
Debian policy, version 3.5.7 Python policy, version 0.3.7 SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> most ideas stolen from Brendan O'Dea <bod@debian.org> 8.9.0ubuntu2.1 2012-06-12 DH_PYTHON(1)