Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Python: Refer a properties file from different location Post 303041134 by Neo on Friday 15th of November 2019 05:03:20 AM
Old 11-15-2019
For example:

Code:
from /path/to/config/test_properties.py import  *

That works fine right?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Depot file properties

Hi How can we identify the informations like Author, meta data, dependency and other information from a depot file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sethumadhavan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File properties

Hi , I do have a line in my code as follows: if ] ; then ... else ... fi What does the -z does ? Similarly there is -s in some other part of the code. I guess there are many options like this.. Can anybody please tell what all options are available and what do they mean ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: risshanth
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Refer a remote file

I need to refer a remote(present on another unix server) directory from my unix machine as a local file. e.g. I have one directory D1 on 10.10.10.10 and i need to access files in this directory just like they are present on my unix machine 20.20.20.20. Is there any way out... i read a bit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blackeyed
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put one string from one location to another location in a file

Hi Everyone, I have 1.txt here a b c' funny"yes"; d e The finally output is: here a b c d e' funny"yes"; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading in properties file

Hi Am new to this scripting stuff so bear with me. I got a script made now that reads in a properties file. The properties file is in the following format: 256= Bos, Sea, FRa 128= HEL I want to be able to read in each line of the file and split out the letter fields by the numbered field. This... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsekvsek
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File created in a different location instead of desired location on using crontab

Hi, I am logging to a linux server through a user "user1" in /home directory. There is a script in a directory in 'root' for which all permissions are available including the directory. This script when executed creates a file in the directory. When the script is added to crontab, on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: archana.n
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy a file from one location to another location?

I have file file1.txt in location 'loc1'. Now i want a copy of this file in location 'loc2' with a new file called test.txt. Please help me how to do this in shell script. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hot to retrieve *.sql file names which we refer in .sh file.

Hi Guys, How to retrieve/get *.sql file names which we refer in all *.sh files. Can any one help me on this. Thanks, Kolipaka (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmanrk811
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How to refer to input file in code?

This may be a dumb question, but googling is not giving me an answer. I'm trying to figure out how to refer to an input file in my code. Lets say i run a script in bash: "sh shellscript.sh inputfile" (Inputfile will be variable...whatever file i run the script on) I wanted to make... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato22
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a existing file location and directory location in Solaris box?

Hi This is my third past and very impressed with previous post replies Hoping the same for below query How to find a existing file location and directory location in solaris box (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buzzme
1 Replies
JYTHON.CONF(5)							File Formats Manual						    JYTHON.CONF(5)

NAME
jython.conf - Jython registry for system-wide options DESCRIPTION
When running jython(1) or jythonc(1), a number of properties may be set to customise Jython's behaviour. Properties can be assigned values in any of the following four ways. This list is arranged from lowest to highest priority; thus for instance a property set in a user's personal registry will override the same property set in the system-wide registry. Java system properties Jython options may be set in the standard Java system properties. However, since the jython and jythonc startup scripts take responsibility for starting the Java interpreter, it is unlikely that you will use this method of Jython configuration. Jython system-wide registry The system-wide registry is the file /etc/jython/jython.conf. It contains a number of lines of the form property=value. Lines that are empty or that begin with a hash (#) are ignored. User's personal registry The user's personal registry is the file ~/.jython. Its format is the same as for the system-wide registry. Command-line options Properties may be specified when running jython or jythonc at the command-line. They are set using command-line options of the form -Dproperty=value. PROPERTIES
The following properties may be set in the Jython registry. Other less used properties are also available; see the comments in the default system-wide registry for further details. If a property is marked (auto), the jython and jythonc startup scripts will attempt to set this property automatically, although it can still be overridden in the system or user registry or on the command-line. python.cachedir (auto) The directory to use for caches (currently just package information). This directory must be writable by the user. If the direc- tory is an absolute path then it is used as given; otherwise it is interpreted as relative to the root Jython directory (/usr/share/jython/). python.console The name of the console class to use when running Jython from the command prompt. An alternative console class that emulates GNU readline can be specified using this property. python.jythonc.classpath (auto) Extensions to the Java property java.class.path for use with jythonc. This is used to put extra classes on your Java compiler's classpath (and the core Java classes as well if your Java compiler requires them). python.jythonc.compiler (auto) The Java compiler to use with jythonc when turning generated Java code into Java class files. This should be the absolute path to a Java compiler, or the name of a compiler on your standard PATH. python.jythonc.compileropts Options to pass to the Java compiler when using jythonc. python.path (auto) The path on which Jython will look for additional python modules when importing. This variable has a similar function to CPython's PYTHONPATH environment variable. python.security.respectJavaAccessibility Normally, Jython can only provide access to public members of classes. However if this property is set to false and you are using Java 1.2 then Jython can access non-public fields, methods and constructors. python.verbose Sets the verbosity level for informative messages. All messages with at least the specified severity will be displayed. Valid val- ues in order of increasing verbosity are error, warning, message, comment and debug. SEE ALSO
jython(1), jythonc(1). If the Debian package jython-doc is installed, full documentation from the Jython authors will be available in /usr/share/doc/jython- doc/html/. AUTHOR
This manual page was prepared by Ben Burton <bab@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). It is based upon the official Jython documentation. September 2, 2001 JYTHON.CONF(5)