Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Executing SQL's in parallel
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Executing SQL's in parallel Post 303041094 by member2014 on Thursday 14th of November 2019 11:49:06 AM
Old 11-14-2019
I am trying to design this and looking for recommendations. As of now i'm thinking to write a script which will take the id as input and execute it. And a wrapper around it to call the script and pass the parameters.

When i try to get a list of ids' into a variable it does not work. Any suggestions on how we can get the list of values into a variable/array in unix which can be used later to use in a loop?

Code:
dual_value=`sqlplus -s ${DB_CONN_STR} <<-EOF
       	set serveroutput on
	set heading off
       	set feedback off
       	WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT SQL.SQLCODE;

select id from list_of_sql where status = 'P';

EOF`

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Executing pl/sql using sqlplus on unix

Hi to all, I have a endday.sh file. And I execute this like "sh endday.sh" from command prompt. In endday.sh file it writes: sqlplus temp/temp@data @run.sql& echo $!>>pid.txt However my aim is not to put the pid into pid.txt but I need to insert the pid into an oracle table using sqlplus.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maverick1234
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing pl/sql using sqlplus on unix

Hi to all, I have a endday.sh file. And I execute this like "sh endday.sh" from command prompt. In endday.sh file it writes: sqlplus temp/temp@data @run.sql& echo $!>>pid.txt However my aim is not to put the pid into pid.txt but I need to insert the pid into an oracle table using sqlplus.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maverick1234
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need some help in executing sql

i am stuck with a problem ... i have a shell script that gets the file name as input and performs the following operation... it runs through a for loop inside from which i connect to sqlplus and run a procedure that creates a number of tables .. there is no space in my server so we have made... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sais
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing scripts in Parallel

Hi All, I have 3 shell scripts, Script1,Script2 and Script3. Now I want to run Script1 and Script2 in parallel and Script3 should depend on successful completion of both Script1 and Script2. Could you please suggest an approach of acheiving this... Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsme_maverick
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with executing parallel sessions for same shell script with different but fixed parameters

Hi Experts, There is a shell script that accepts positional parameter between 1-25 to execute case statement of script depending upon the parameter passed. Now I need to run all the 25 sessions parallely. In each option of case statement it is connecting with sqlplus and executing a select... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Opamps123
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Call parallel sql scripts from shell and return status when both sql are done

Hi Experts: I have a shell script that's kicked off by cron. Inside this shell script, I need to kick off two or more oracle sql scripts to process different groups of tables. And when both sql scripts are done, I will continue in the shell script to do other things like checking processing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: huasheng8
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing two commands in parallel

Hi, I am stuck into a situation where i want to execute a command in my shell script well along with a previous command in order to achieve something but i am not figuring out a way. here is a snippet: service management restart rm -rf lock.file in the above, if you see, i am trying to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel SQL sessions in shell script

i have 3 sqls , sql 1 and sql 2 shuld run in parallel , but sql 3 should run after completion f sql1 nd sql2, my code is as below, please suggest the changes sqlplus username1/password1@DB1 @sql >> log1 & sqlplus username2/password2@DB2 @sql2 >> log1 & how can i execute the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Multiple Queries in parallel in Shell

I have n number of SQL queries needs to executed in Shell. Result of this query need to assign in a variable. Once all the queries are executed script needs to exit. Sample Query: SQL 1: Select Count(*) from TABLE GROUP BY COL1,COL2 SQL 2: Select Count(*) from TABLE GROUP BY COL1,COL2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niranjancse
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel processing of SQL through Shell

Hi Friends, I am trying to write a shell which will invoke 3 CTAS (ORACLE create table XXX as select * from YYYY). The approximate time for one CTAS is around 25 mins. So i want to run the CTAS script parallely. My pseudocode is as below. Main script nohup sh CTAS1.sh &... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Showdown
3 Replies
rlm_sql(5)							 FreeRADIUS Module							rlm_sql(5)

NAME
rlm_sql - FreeRADIUS Module DESCRIPTION
The rlm_sql module provides an SQL interface to retrieve authorization information and store accounting information. It can be used in conjunction with, or in lieu of the files and detail modules. The SQL module has drivers to support the following SQL databases: db2 iodbc mysql oracle postgresql sybase unixodbc Due to the size of the configuration variables, the sql module is usually configured in a separate file, which is included in the main radiusd.conf via an include directive. The main configuration items to be aware of are: driver This variable specifies the driver to be loaded. server login password These specify the servername, username, and password the module will use to connect to the database. radius_db The name of the database where the radius tables are stored. acct_table1 acct_table2 These specify the tables names for accounting records. acct_table1 specifies the table where Start records are stored. acct_table2 specifies the table where Stop records are stored. In most cases, this should be the same table. postauth_table The name of the table to store post-authentication data. authcheck_table authreply_table The tables where individual Check-Items and Reply-Items are stored. groupcheck_table groupreply_table The tables where group Check-Items and Reply-Items are stored. usergroup_table The table where username to group relationships are stored. deletestatlesessions This option is set to 'yes' or 'no'. If you are doing Simultaneous-Use checking, and this is set to yes, stale sessions ( defined as sessions for which a Stop record was not received ) will be cleared. logfile This option is useful for debugging sql problems. If logfile is set then all sql queries for the containing section are written to the file specified. This is useful for debugging and bulk inserts. num_sql_socks The number of sql connections to make to the database. connect_failure_retry_delay The number of seconds to wait before attempting to reconnect to a failed database connection. sql_user_name This is the definition of the SQL-User-Name attribute. This is set once, so that you can use %{SQL-User-Name} in the SQL queries, rather than the nested username substitution. This ensures that Username is parsed consistently for all SQL queries executed. default_user_profile This is the default profile name that will be applied to all users if set. This is not set by default. query_on_not_found This option is set to 'yes' or 'no'. If set to yes, then the default user profile is returned if no specific match was found for the user. authorize_check_query authorize_reply_query These queries are run during the authorization stage to extract the user authorization information from the ${authcheck_table} and ${authreply_table}. authorize_group_check_query authorize_group_reply_query These queries are run during the authorization stage to extract the group authorization information from the ${groupcheck_table} and ${groupreply_table}. accounting_onoff_query The query to be run when receiving an Accounting On or Accounting Off packet. accounting_update_query accounting_update_query_alt The query to be run when receiving an Accounting Update packet. If the primary query fails, the alt query is run. accounting_start_query accounting_start_query_alt The query to be run when receiving an Accounting Start packet. If the primary query fails, the alt query is run. accounting_stop_query accounting_stop_query_alt The query to be run when receiving an Accounting Stop packet. If the primary query fails, the alt query is run. simul_count_query The query to be run to return the number simultaneous sessions for the purposes of limiting Simultaneous Use. simul_verify_query The query to return the detail information needed to confirm that all suspected connected sessions are valid, and are not stale ses- sions. group_membership_query The query to run to check user group membership. postauth_query The query to run during the post-authentication stage. CONFIGURATION
Due to the size of the configuration for this module, it is not included in this manual page. Please review the supplied configuration files for example queries and configuration details. SECTIONS
authorization, accounting, checksimul, post-authentication FILES
/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf, /etc/raddb/sql.conf, /etc/raddb/sql/<DB>/dialup.conf, /etc/raddb/sql/<DB>/schema.sql, SEE ALSO
radiusd(8), radiusd.conf(5), AUTHORS
Chris Parker, cparker@segv.org 5 February 2004 rlm_sql(5)