Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: JavaScript code - UNIX grep?
Top Forums Web Development JavaScript code - UNIX grep? Post 303041000 by simpsa27 on Tuesday 12th of November 2019 03:44:35 AM
Old 11-12-2019
Hi Neo!

Thank you for your response!. I understand what you are saying & makes sense. Thanks very much. My only issue is that the value "event ID" is dynamic & runs through an API so I don't run nor set the values in an object if that makes sense?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Function of Javascript within Unix Network

What attacks can a Unix box get through Javascript? Is the Web Client secure against Javascript attacks if any? Do we have a Trojan horse made in JavaScript? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: netass
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

clear complex javascript code

Hi, Please advise how can we clear the following javascript content from a file commandline, probably using awk or sed File before removing the content. ################################ root@server1 # cat index.html This is a test page <script language=JavaScript>function d(x){var... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

| help | unix | grep - Can I use grep to return a string with exactly n matches?

Hello, I looking to use grep to return a string with exactly n matches. I'm building off this: ls -aLl /bin | grep '^.\{9\}x' | tr -s ' ' -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 632816 Nov 25 2008 vi -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 632816 Nov 25 2008 view -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 16008 May 25 2008... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MykC
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

| help | unix | grep (GNU grep) 2.5.1 | advanced regex syntax

Hello, I'm working on unix with grep (GNU grep) 2.5.1. I'm going through some of the newer regex syntax using Regular Expression Reference - Advanced Syntax a guide. ls -aLl /bin | grep "\(x\)" Which works, just highlights 'x' where ever, when ever. I'm trying to to get (?:) to work but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MykC
4 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Report on Javascript attacks on Unix

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Prepare a report discussing from an administration and security perspective, role and function of a JavaScript within a UNIX network. You should illustrate your answer with practical examples. In particular attention should me paid to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: afdesignz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use javascript code in unix shell?

Hi Need help...I have wrritten one code for html through shell scripting in that i am using java scripts to validate some condition and open the html page without clicking the button.... Code Details echo "<script type="text/javascript">" echo "function exec_refresh()" echo "{" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: l_gshankar24
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use JavaScript in UNIX Shell scripting?

I want to navigate through a webpage and save that page in my system local automatically. How can I do that by using JavaScript in a Unix shell script. Any suggestions are welcome! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi3093
3 Replies

8. Web Development

Path to javascript source code at local browsing

Where should I put my javascript source code in order to run it "locally" by file not by http?---not sure this "locally" is the appropriate word here. My test is when my javascript code (test.js) is put in the site default folder as the test.html in /var/www/html both worked as expected with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
2 Replies
scsi_sense_key(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					scsi_sense_key(9F)

NAME
scsi_sense_key, scsi_sense_asc, scsi_sense_ascq - retrieve fields from SCSI sense data SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/scsi/scsi.h> uint8_t scsi_sense_key(uint8_t *sense_buffer); uint8_t scsi_sense_asc(uint8_t *sense_buffer); uint8_t scsi_sense_ascq(uint8_t *sense_buffer); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
sense_buffer Pointer to a buffer containing SCSI sense data. The sense data is expected in wire format starting at the response code. It can be in either fixed or descriptor format. DESCRIPTION
The scsi_sense_key() function returns the sense key value from the sense data contained in the sense_buffer. The scsi_sense_asc() function returns the additional sense code (ASC) value from the sense data contained in the sense_buffer. The scsi_sense_ascq() function returns the additional sense code qualifier (ASCQ) value from the sense data contained in the sense_buffer. The scsi_sense_key(), scsi_sense_asc(), and scsi_sense_ascq() functions are used to retrieve values from SCSI sense data, regardles of whether the sense data is in fixed format or descriptor format. Drivers should use scsi_validate_sense(9F) to ensure that valid sense key, asc, and ascq values are present in the sense data. RETURN VALUES
The scsi_sense_key() function returns the sense key value from the sense buffer. The scsi_sense_asc() function returns the additional sense code (ASC) from the sense buffer and the scsi_sense_ascq() function returns the additional sense code qualifier (ASCQ) from the sense buf- fer. CONTEXT
The scsi_sense_key(), scsi_sense_asc(), and scsi_sense_ascq() functions can be called from user or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
scsi_ext_sense_fields(9F), scsi_find_sense_descr(9F), scsi_sense_cmdspecific_uint64(9F), scsi_sense_info_uint64(9F), scsi_vali- date_sense(9F) SunOS 5.11 28 Jun 2006 scsi_sense_key(9F)