Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: JavaScript code - UNIX grep?
Top Forums Web Development JavaScript code - UNIX grep? Post 303041000 by simpsa27 on Tuesday 12th of November 2019 03:44:35 AM
Old 11-12-2019
Hi Neo!

Thank you for your response!. I understand what you are saying & makes sense. Thanks very much. My only issue is that the value "event ID" is dynamic & runs through an API so I don't run nor set the values in an object if that makes sense?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Function of Javascript within Unix Network

What attacks can a Unix box get through Javascript? Is the Web Client secure against Javascript attacks if any? Do we have a Trojan horse made in JavaScript? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: netass
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

clear complex javascript code

Hi, Please advise how can we clear the following javascript content from a file commandline, probably using awk or sed File before removing the content. ################################ root@server1 # cat index.html This is a test page <script language=JavaScript>function d(x){var... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

| help | unix | grep - Can I use grep to return a string with exactly n matches?

Hello, I looking to use grep to return a string with exactly n matches. I'm building off this: ls -aLl /bin | grep '^.\{9\}x' | tr -s ' ' -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 632816 Nov 25 2008 vi -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 632816 Nov 25 2008 view -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 16008 May 25 2008... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MykC
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

| help | unix | grep (GNU grep) 2.5.1 | advanced regex syntax

Hello, I'm working on unix with grep (GNU grep) 2.5.1. I'm going through some of the newer regex syntax using Regular Expression Reference - Advanced Syntax a guide. ls -aLl /bin | grep "\(x\)" Which works, just highlights 'x' where ever, when ever. I'm trying to to get (?:) to work but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MykC
4 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Report on Javascript attacks on Unix

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Prepare a report discussing from an administration and security perspective, role and function of a JavaScript within a UNIX network. You should illustrate your answer with practical examples. In particular attention should me paid to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: afdesignz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use javascript code in unix shell?

Hi Need help...I have wrritten one code for html through shell scripting in that i am using java scripts to validate some condition and open the html page without clicking the button.... Code Details echo "<script type="text/javascript">" echo "function exec_refresh()" echo "{" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: l_gshankar24
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use JavaScript in UNIX Shell scripting?

I want to navigate through a webpage and save that page in my system local automatically. How can I do that by using JavaScript in a Unix shell script. Any suggestions are welcome! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi3093
3 Replies

8. Web Development

Path to javascript source code at local browsing

Where should I put my javascript source code in order to run it "locally" by file not by http?---not sure this "locally" is the appropriate word here. My test is when my javascript code (test.js) is put in the site default folder as the test.html in /var/www/html both worked as expected with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
2 Replies
JavaScript::Minifier(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 JavaScript::Minifier(3pm)

NAME
JavaScript::Minifier - Perl extension for minifying JavaScript code SYNOPSIS
To minify a JavaScript file and have the output written directly to another file use JavaScript::Minifier qw(minify); open(INFILE, 'myScript.js') or die; open(OUTFILE, '>myScript-min.js') or die; minify(input => *INFILE, outfile => *OUTFILE); close(INFILE); close(OUTFILE); To minify a JavaScript string literal. Note that by omitting the outfile parameter a the minified code is returned as a string. my minifiedJavaScript = minify(input => 'var x = 2;'); To include a copyright comment at the top of the minified code. minify(input => 'var x = 2;', copyright => 'BSD License'); To treat ';;;' as '//' so that debugging code can be removed. This is a common JavaScript convention for minification. minify(input => 'var x = 2;', stripDebug => 1); The "input" parameter is manditory. The "output", "copyright", and "stripDebug" parameters are optional and can be used in any combination. DESCRIPTION
This module removes unnecessary whitespace from JavaScript code. The primary requirement developing this module is to not break working code: if working JavaScript is in input then working JavaScript is output. It is ok if the input has missing semi-colons, snips like '++ +' or '12 .toString()', for example. Internet Explorer conditional comments are copied to the output but the code inside these comments will not be minified. The ECMAScript specifications allow for many different whitespace characters: space, horizontal tab, vertical tab, new line, carriage return, form feed, and paragraph separator. This module understands all of these as whitespace except for vertical tab and paragraph separator. These two types of whitespace are not minimized. For static JavaScript files, it is recommended that you minify during the build stage of web deployment. If you minify on-the-fly then it might be a good idea to cache the minified file. Minifying static files on-the-fly repeatedly is wasteful. EXPORT None by default. Exportable on demand: minifiy() SEE ALSO
This project is developed using an SVN repository. To check out the repository svn co http://dev.michaux.ca/svn/random/JavaScript-Minifier This module is inspired by Douglas Crockford's JSMin: http://www.crockford.com/javascript/jsmin.html You may also be interested in the CSS::Minifier module also available on CPAN. AUTHORS
Peter Michaux, <petermichaux@gmail.com> Eric Herrera, <herrera@10east.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2007 by Peter Michaux This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.6 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.10.1 2010-12-19 JavaScript::Minifier(3pm)