Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Sed/awk to delete a regex between range of lines Post 303040936 by MadeInGermany on Sunday 10th of November 2019 04:00:30 AM
Old 11-10-2019
A range must span over two (or more) lines.
With a status variable it may end on the same line:
Code:
awk '/Umbist_reverse_inst/ {r=1}; r {gsub(/\(\)/,"")}; /\);/ {r=0}; 1' list

If the start pattern is found then set the status variable r. If set then do the replacements. If the end pattern is found then clear the status variable.
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

regex to delete multiple blank lines in a file?

can't figure out a way to delete multiple empty lines but keep single empty lines in a file, file is like this #cat file 1 2 3 4 5 6 - What I want is 1 2 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using REGEX within SED range search

test data: Code: sed -n '/^**$*/,/;/{/;/G;p;}' What i'm trying to do with the above regex (in bleu) identify upper/lower case select only when select is at the beginning of the line OR preceded by a space select is followed by a space or is at the end of the line. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: danmauer
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed delete range

Hi I would like to delete ranges of text from an html file; In the sentence; aqua>Stroomprobleem in Hengelo verholpen <a href="107-01.html"><font color=yellow>107</a> With several sentences like this in that file, where the text between <a href a> varies, so it needs to be deleted in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdop
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk : how to delete lines based on IP pattern ?

Hi, I would like to delete lines in /etc/hosts on few workstations, basically I want to delete all the lines for a list of machines like this : for HOST in $(cat stations.lst |uniq) do # echo -n "$HOST" if ping -c 1 $HOST > /dev/null 2>&1 then HOSTNAME_val=`rsh $HOST "sed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: albator1932
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk to delete single lines that aren't touching other lines

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to use sed or awk to delete single lines in a file. By single, I mean lines that are not touching any other lines (just one line with white space above and below). Example: one two three four five six seven eight I want it to look like: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: slimjbe
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk delete character in the lines before and after the matching line

Sample file: This is line one, this is another line, this is the PRIMARY INDEX line l ; This is another line The command should find the line with “PRIMARY INDEX” and remove the last character from the line preceding it (in this case , comma) and remove the first character from the line... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KC_Rules
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete Lines : after pattern1 and between pattern2 and pattern3 using awk/sed/perl

Hi I need to delete lines from a file which are after pattern1 and between pattern 2 and patter3, as below: aaaaaaaa bbbbbbbb pattern1 cdededed ddededed pattern2 fefefefe <-----Delete this line efefefef <-----Delete this line pattern3 adsffdsd huaserew Please can you suggest... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vk2012
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To print lines between 2 timestamps using awk|sed and regex

Hi, I am using the following code to fetch lines that are generated in last 1 hr . Hence, I am using date function to calculate -last 1 hr & the current hr and then somehow use awk (or sed-if someone could guide me better) with some regex pattern. dt_1=`date +%h" "%d", "%Y\ %l -d "1 hour... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarah-alikhan31
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines falling in a range

Hi All, I have a file which contains lakhs of records 0136812368126 03000 Statement 1237129372189 02321 JIT 0136812368126 05000 terminal 1237129372189 05001 Utilise Is there an option to delete all lines which fall within the range 05000 to 05999? I tried... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk: delete n lines following a formfeed

Hi Members, This is my first post in this forum. I want to do is match form feed lines one by one in a file and delete the next n lines (ex-3 lines) with the form feed character Eg - Files looks like Data 1 Data 2 Data 3 FF Hdr1 Hdr2 Hdr3 Data4 Data5 FF Hdr1 Hdr2 Hdr3 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yohan
9 Replies
IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream" - stream-based protocols using lines of text SYNOPSIS
Most likely this class will be subclassed to implement a particular network protocol. package Net::Async::HelloWorld; use strict; use warnings; use base qw( IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream ); sub on_read_line { my $self = shift; my ( $line ) = @_; if( $line =~ m/^HELLO (.*)/ ) { my $name = $1; $self->invoke_event( on_hello => $name ); } } sub send_hello { my $self = shift; my ( $name ) = @_; $self->write_line( "HELLO $name" ); } This small example elides such details as error handling, which a real protocol implementation would be likely to contain. DESCRIPTION
EVENTS
The following events are invoked, either using subclass methods or CODE references in parameters: on_read_line $line Invoked when a new complete line of input is received. PARAMETERS
The following named parameters may be passed to "new" or "configure": on_read_line => CODE CODE reference for the "on_read_line" event. METHODS
$lineprotocol->write_line( $text ) Writes a line of text to the transport stream. The text will have the end-of-line marker appended to it; $text should not end with it. AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)