Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Configure X windows with both keyboard and USB barcode reader Post 303040900 by mnkaltenbach on Friday 8th of November 2019 12:34:02 PM
Old 11-08-2019
Configure X windows with both keyboard and USB barcode reader

Greetings.
Seeking guidance on adding a USB barcode reader (BCR) to an HP c3750 workstation with HP-UX 11.11 which is essentially configuring X windows to accept input from both a primary keyboard and a secondary keyboard that happens to be the BCR.

Historically, I have successfully added a BCR to an HP c3600 workstation with HP-UX 10.20 and a c3700 with HP-UX 11.11 by configuring X windows to accept input from both a primary keyboard and a secondary keyboard as stated above by adding the following lines to /etc/X11/X0devices :
Code:
Begin_Device_Description
Name    hp7lc2k.1               # USB Barcode reader driver name
Use     Other                   # This is an "Other" device
Path    /dev/hid/kbd_001        # Second keyboard device file
End_Device_Description

However, this does not work for the c3750. Adding the above lines to /etc/X11/X0devices does not appear to have any discernible effect on configuring X windows to accept input from two keyboards. A review of X windows generated logs shows no errors. X windows behaves as if no modifications where made to X0devices. The c3750 accepts input from either the primary keyboard or the BCR but not both.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

read from a USB Barcode-Reader

Hi all , I'm trying to read from a USB Barcode-Reader "LX-250" (on Unix) , I've written the following code ... But the program always failes on : ioctl call Please if anyone has any ideas on what causes it to fail ? Or how should I try to access the Barcode Device ? Your help is very... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuval
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB keyboard in Solaris

I have a USB keyboard/mouse combo hooked up to an x86 box and when it loads the mouse works fine, but the ctrl, shift, alt, and i think the function keys don't do anything. Is there a setting I need to change, or a way to manually configure them. There are no drivers, it is supposed to emulate a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Winzernotman
0 Replies

3. SCO

configure DAT drive usb

hi all, how i can configure a DAT drive usb under SCO os 6.0.0 thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lid-j-one
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Detect USB keyboard and other peripherals

Hi there, I have a Debian machine without any peripherals (no screen, no keyboard, etc.). I'd like to be able to detect and log when someone plugs a USB keyboard. Something like : 2009-07-04 12:21 warning: keyboard pluged! Is that possible? I see two ways : 1. Either actively react to the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
4 Replies

5. Linux

How to read keys from USB keyboard on AT91SAM9260

Hi Everyone, I am using 2.6.26.3-olimex kernel(Embedded system) running on AT91SAM9260. I am using a Logitech USB keyboard. It is detected as "/dev/input/event0". I don't know how to detect key press events and read the keys? Why can't I read the keys using scanf() like funtions? ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva4ever
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Serial Barcode Reader

I have a serial barcode reader which I attached to my Solaris 10 workstation. I can see the barcode scanned data appearing when I do a tip hardwire. Question is how can I enable the data to appear in command prompt or any text editor programs? Thanks for the help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: timtan169
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB-USB cable between linux and windows computers

Is there an easy way to setup a cross-over cable (USB-USB) between a linux box and a windows PC? My 2 machines are next to each other but I really do not want to keep transfering my files using my USB drive. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Cannot configure TL-WN727N wireless usb in centos 6.2

hi everybody, iam using 32 bit centos 6.2 on my machine. i have purchase TP-LINK, TL-WN727N wireless usb, but i was not able to install on my desktop. i was not able to find drivers for centos 6.2 official site of TPLINK. $ uname -a Linux workstation 2.6.32-220.el6.i686 #1 SMP Tue Dec 6... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paruhang
0 Replies

9. Boot Loaders

Can I test windows 7 repair usb even if windows is fine?

I successfully created a bootable windows 7 repair usb. Please clarify me: I rebooted my system via USB. windows repair window appeared. There were 5 options. I opted 'windows memory diagnostic' and it worked fine. There was an option named 'start up repair'. This option can be used if windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
2 Replies
Barcode::Matrix2of5(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Barcode::Matrix2of5(3)

NAME
GD::Barcode::Matrix2of5 - Create Matrix2of5 barcode image with GD SYNOPSIS
ex. CGI use GD::Barcode::Matrix2of5; binmode(STDOUT); print "Content-Type: image/png "; print GD::Barcode::Matrix2of5->new('1234567890')->plot->png; with Error Check my $oGdBar = GD::Barcode::Matrix2of5->new('A12345678'); die $GD::Barcode::Matrix2of5::errStr unless($oGdBar); #Invalid Characters $oGdBar->plot->png; DESCRIPTION
GD::Barcode::Matrix2of5 is a subclass of GD::Barcode and allows you to create Matrix2of5 barcode image with GD. new $oGdBar = GD::Barcode::Matrix2of5->new($sTxt); Constructor. Creates a GD::Barcode::Matrix2of5 object for $sTxt. $sTxt has numeric characters([0-9]). plot() $oGd = $oGdBar->plot([Height => $iHeight, NoText => 0 | 1]); creates GD object with barcode image for the $sTxt specified at new method. $iHeight is height of the image. If NoText is 1, the image has no text image of $sTxt. ex. my $oGdB = GD::Barcode::Matrix2of5->new('12345678'); my $oGD = $oGdB->plot(NoText=>1, Height => 20); # $sGD is a GD image with Height=>20 pixels, with no text. barcode() $sPtn = $oGdBar->barcode(); returns a barcode pattern in string with '1' and '0'. '1' means black, '0' means white. ex. my $oGdB = GD::Barcode::Matrix2of5->new('12345678'); my $sPtn = $oGdB->barcode(); $errStr $GD::Barcode::Matrix2of5::errStr has error message. $text $oGdBar->{$text} has barcode text based on $sTxt specified in new method. AUTHOR
Kawai Takanori GCD00051@nifty.ne.jp COPYRIGHT
The GD::Barocde::Matrix2of5 module is Copyright (c) 2000 Kawai Takanori. Japan. All rights reserved. You may distribute under the terms of either the GNU General Public License or the Artistic License, as specified in the Perl README file. SEE ALSO
GD::Barcode perl v5.16.3 2003-05-29 Barcode::Matrix2of5(3)