Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Adding indexes with PERL
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Adding indexes with PERL Post 303040846 by Eric7giants on Thursday 7th of November 2019 03:57:35 PM
Old 11-07-2019
Adding indexes with PERL

Hello. I'm trying to self learn Perl and am stuck. I have a data.csv file that contains the following:

Code:

I'm trying to get Perl to take the indexes and add them all together to get 134. It says I need to use split and invoke the file via
<> (built-in provides data from files and standard-in) the command line. So I'm doing ./test.pl data.csv to run it but I'm just
getting 4 lines containing a single 0. Any pointers?

Here is the code I have so far:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

while (<>){
$total=(split/,/,$input);

print$total;
print ("\n");
}

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using sed with indexes

Hi people, Is this possible and if so any tips are very welcome. Im trying to do the following: this is what I have: 800__1__ this is what I want: 8000010 12345678 Im... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seaten
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Analyze the indexes and rebuild them

Hello UNIX and Oracle Gurus, After doing an intensive search from different websites, the UNIX forum I am posting this message seeking help.. I am trying to accomplish the following tasks through the shell script: 1. Rebuild indexes on a Table in Oracle 2. Analyze indexes and table... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl adding items to a hash

how would you go about taking a user's input and adding it to a hash? i'd also like it to permanently add the input to the hash. not just in the ram, add it into the script! :eek: (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrew2325
17 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

matrix indexes

I wanted to use matrixs in awk and got some problem, here is some of the script code, from the BEGIN tag: row_char="a";row_char="b";row_char="c";row_char="d";row_char="e"$ row_char="h";row_char="i";row_char="j";row_char="k"; from the proccess passage: sentence,1]=1; diffrence=4; i=7;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tal
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl - adding columns to file

I have a file in which I need to add more columns to based on a key in the first file: File1 key1,abc,123, key2,def,456, key3,ghi,789, File2 key2,zyx,111,qqq, key3,yuu,222,www, key1,pui,333,eee, key4,xxx,999,rrr, I would like to create the following output: Output (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WongSifu
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

open files with multiple indexes

Hi, I want to work with multiple files which all contain 2 numbers. I tried to make a nested for loop but for some reason it doesn't recognize the $j as a number. The output is cannot open file `175-T-pvalue.xls'. How do I make sure that it takes the numbers from the inner loop as $j? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linseyr
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding timestap to filename using perl

Hello, I am trying to create a file in windows and i want the filename to have timestamp as well but something is wrong and i can not understand waht. The code that i use is the following ($cwkday,$cmonth,$cday,$ctime,$cyear) = split(/\s+/, localtime); $current_date =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to find out disk usage for particular indexes for different hosts

Need disk utilisation script for particular indexes on few hosts (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krish5v
3 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)