Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to assign awk values to shell variable? Post 303040834 by vgersh99 on Thursday 7th of November 2019 12:44:10 PM
Old 11-07-2019
Code:
eval awk ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file and assign the values to a variable

i have a file in this format curyymm PRVYYMM CDDMmmYY bddMmmyy eddMmmyy --------- ------- ------------ ---------- ----------- 0906 0905 09Jun09 01Jun09 30Jun09 ----------- --------- ------------ ------------ ----------- i need to read the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: depakjan
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read the csv file and assign the values in to variable

I have a csv file with the values seperated by commas.I want to extract these values one by one and assign to a variable using shell script.Any ideas or code? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajbal
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign awk's variable to shell script's variable?

Dear All, we have a command output which looks like : Total 200 queues in 30000 Kbytes and we're going to get "200" and "30000" for further process. currently, i'm using : numA=echo $OUTPUT | awk '{print $2}' numB=echo $OUTPUT | awk '{print $5}' my question is : can I use just one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiger2000
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign values to variable

Hi Masters, I want to assign the values of one variable to another variable. Here the varaible name 'var' is dynamic. I know the values of V_2 and U_3, but If the i/p of TYPE is 'U' and the NO is 3, then I want to assign the values of U_3 to var. How we can achieve it? TYPE="U"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ecearund
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using awk iteratively in a script to assign variable values

I have a log file that has certain fields that I want to evaluate, and depending on the value in those fields, I want to put the value of a different field in that line in a particular variable that I'll use later on down the log file. Sort of like setting a switch to change what I do with a bunch... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pts2
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to assign values to variable in given scenario

Hi i have one variable like DIR="f1 f2" in config file in my script i have one runtime variable LFILE="DIR" now i want to use $DIR in my script by using LFILE that is i dont want to use DIR dirctly i am extracting DIR by some other means. Config file : DIR="f1 f2" Script: LFILE="DIR" i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram_gec
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing values from awk to shell variable

I am writing a script where I need awk to test if two columns are the same and shell to do something if they are or are not. Here is the code I'm working with: @ test = 0 ... test = `awk '{if($1!=$2) print 1; else print 0}' time_test.tmp` #time_test.tmp holds two values separated by a space... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Malavin
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign comma separated values to a variable

Hi All, I wrote a database command that queries our application and outputs a whole bunch of values to a text file. I need to assign the output to two values. Here is a sample of the output: valueOne, checkOne valueTwo, checkTwo valueThree, checkThree I would like... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign Values to a Variable in While Loop and Update the File

Hello, Could anyone please help me with Assigning a value to variable and then updating the value in the original file IFS='|' while read -r Serial_ID JOB_NAME STATUS do if then echo "Perform Fuctions" ???Assign STATUS to COMPLETED and Update File??? done <File (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: infernalhell
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can I assign awk's variable to shell script's variable?

I have the following script, and I want to assign the output ($10 and $5) from awk to N and L: grdinfo data.grd | awk '{print $10,$5}'| read N L output from gridinfo data.grd is: data.grd 50 100 41 82 -2796 6944 0.016 0.016 3001 2461. where N and L is suppose to be 3001 and 100. I use... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: geomarine
8 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)