Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming To Perl or not to Perl, that is the question... ;o) Post 303040754 by dodona on Wednesday 6th of November 2019 04:59:01 AM
Old 11-06-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by stomp
I try to avoid modules when possible, especially when not contained in perl core and thus giving up comfort, reimplementing things which are done in a better quality, for reducing Installation efforts needed and keeping Codebase small. (If you use modules, you may end up with other dependent modules).
my server uses ~ 20 modules. I never experienced any problems within 20 years.I used to install them by CPAN, however experienced recently, that they all are part of the Fedora repository, thus I'l switch to it in a near future.
The modules are made for being used. Never reinvent the wheel!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL Question

Can anyone tell me if the copy command in PERL has the same functionality as in KSH shell in UNIX or does it actually move the file ?? $cp_stat=system("cp $ENV{OLAMEBSDIR}/data/olam.ddabal$type $ENV{OLAMDIR}/balance/data/olam.ddabal$type.$HeaderDate"); (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frank
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL question

Could someone tell me what is wrong with these PERL statements it is always setting the $status2 to the number inside of the brackets......why???????? if (/^Status:/) { $stat = $Fld; print "\$stat is $stat\n"; } the above is where i'm searching for a string... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frank
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about Perl

Where can i find solid information about programming in Perl? Thank you in advance!!!:) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SolidSnake
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: tk question

When i run my perl/tk script, a perl window pops up behind the GUI window,, can this be hidden???? Also, can the Icon be changed, the Tk icon in every window??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl question

If I use 2 system commands in a script, will one finish before the next one starts? or will it start the first and the second at the same time? i.e. system("ps | grep rminer"); system("ls -al | grep 431"); (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Question

Hi everyone I am not even a novice at Perl scripting .. but had to edit one the other day. The only way I can get it to run is by prefixing 'perl' before running it - ie # perl scriptname I am running AIX. Any ideas why i have to do that ? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: serm
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL I/O question

Playing with an until loop as follows: my $input; until ($input eq "quit") { print "Please enter something:"; $input = <STDIN>; chomp $input; if ($input eq "dog") { print "cat" ; } else { print "Please re-enter"; } } Something simple like this... I want to prompt the user to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yesokay
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl question!

Hi All, I am new to perl and just want to read the text file and write back it into another file with some modification. Here is my requirement: input file: USB_OTG_PATH top.usb_top.otg_top USB_HSIC_PATH top.usb_top.hsic_top .. (All starts with USB_) ... START_PATH USB_OTG_PATH.interrupt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: surisingh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl question

Hi All, I am new to Perl and got a real stupid question. We are trying to install the Date:Calc package for some calculations with dates.The security guys mentioned they won't install it as root in /usr/bin/perl but have asked us to install it in any directory and use it from there. Here's the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
2 Replies

10. Programming

PERL: In a perl-scripttTrying to execute another perl-script that SETS SOME VARIABLES !

I have reviewed many examples on-line about running another process (either PERL or shell command or a program), but do not find any usefull for my needs way. (Reviewed and not useful the system(), 'back ticks', exec() and open()) I would like to run another PERL-script from first one, not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
1 Replies
Net::INET6Glue(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Net::INET6Glue(3pm)

NAME
Net::INET6Glue - Make common modules IPv6 ready by hotpatching SYNOPSIS
use Net::INET6Glue; # include all glue use LWP; use Net::SMTP; use Net::FTP; .. DESCRIPTION
Net::INET6Glue is a collection of modules to make common modules IPv6 ready by hotpatching them. Unfortunatly the current state of IPv6 support in perl is that no IPv6 support is in the core and that a lot of important modules (like Net::FTP, Net::SMTP, LWP,...) do not support IPv6 even if the modules for IPv6 sockets Socket6, IO::Socket::INET6 are available. This module tries to mitigate this by hotpatching. Currently the following submodules are available: Net::INET6Glue::INET_is_INET6 Makes IO::Socket::INET behave like IO::Socket::INET6, especially make it capable to create IPv6 sockets. This makes LWP, Net::SMTP and others IPv6 capable. Net::INET6Glue::FTP Hotpatches Net::FTP to support EPRT and EPSV commands which are needed to deal with FTP over IPv6. Also loads Net::INET6Glue::INET_is_INET6. COPYRIGHT
This module and the modules in the Net::INET6Glue Hierarchy distributed together with this module are copyright (c) 2008, Steffen Ullrich. All Rights Reserved. These modules are free software. They may be used, redistributed and/or modified under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2011-08-27 Net::INET6Glue(3pm)